It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these things? has anyone seen them on the highways?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I joined so that I could start this thread. Been watching from the sidelines for a while.
I have been trying to get a picture of these things that I have noticed on the highways. They are a smooth fiberglass enclosure, without windows and a large circular opening on the back They are shaped somewhat like a bottlenose dolphin and are huge! they take up the major part of an 18 wheeler.
The reason I am wondering about them is because I have seen so many of them in the last couple of years. I have literally seen hundreds (not exagerating) And yet I have not been able to snap a picture of one of them. they are usually on the opposite saide of the freway heading the opposite way, seen them I-10 East and West bound, also on I-49 north bound and on I-20 East and West bound.
Have seen them from California to Florida and up to Arkansas.

I'm hoping someone can verify having seen them also.
I cannot tell what they are for as they are perfectly smooth, windowless and have that huge circular hole in the back. All I can think of is underground bunkers but who is buying these by the hundreds???

So I have made a crude drawing (sorry not a CGI master) on MS Paint
of what I have seen maybe someone can remember having seen them or someone knows what they are for.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ok that picture didn't work out very well (sorry noob here)

here is a link
i249.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One question, Mogwai. Is that odd compartment part of the truck, or it something being carried on a flatbed trailer?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

I know my artwork sucks. it is being carried on a flatbed 18 wheeler. I just drew in the truck so you'all can get an idea of the size of these things.
BIG

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogwai

To be honest, if it was something suspect, why would they transport in on a major highway/s, without a cover on it? I dont know what they are but I am sure there is a rational explanation. You should make an effort to get some photos, and maybe see if the trcuks have a company logo or something on them

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I thought the same thing as you but then the phrase "hiding in plain sight" kept coming to mind. I think they would draw more attention if they actually covered them, everyone would want to know what is under that HUGE tarp
What is confusing me is that the only opening is in the rear. other than that is is a sealed tight smooth fiberglass surface.
Believe me I carry my camera with me at all times and have not had the opportunity to snap a picture. last two times I saw them was at night.
You can't mistake them once you notice one you will start seeing them all the time.
I cannot think of any purpose for them.
they look very similar to my drawing in size shape and color.
The trucks that carry them are never the same company and never a well known company (like JB Hunt or something recognizable)
there is no insignia or writing on the big grey thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogwai

I've seen a couple of these in the last 3 months. They were on large grey trucks, unmarked. My first thought was that someone needed one heck of a septic system and then looking closer, no, not a septic tank. Also thought maybe it was a new type of shipping container, but the large opening in back made no sense for liquid, solid or gas shipping, checked for hose connections, nada. Then I joked with my husband saying Tom Cruise must've bought a house around here.

Here's a link that describes fiberglass underground emergency shelters. The model it shows is similar to what I saw (the article mentions other shapes for different needs) and some models are shipped in two or three pieces. Looks like the govt. is into emergency planning, good idea imo.

www.natick.army.mil...

STM

Edit for clarity,

[edit on 12/29/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Thank you! I knew I wasn't imagining things! I thought the same thing as you did, kept looking for windows or some kind of plumbing a hatch or something but these things are slick smooth. and the huge opening doesnt make sense either unless they are joining these to a tunnel system or something
But no kidding I have seen literally hundreds of these in the last couple years and heading in different directions. something is going on with them.

I also found that same webpage where you got that PDF file while I was looking for these things. but the shape of them makes them stand out.

I would like to find one of the truck drivers and ask him where he dropped it off at and where he picked it up.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mogwai

Hi

You're right, the drawings don't exactly match what I saw either, though on page 3 it shows one of the different shapes they can make, it is much more similar.

On page 12 it shows how a special truck delivers them. They have additional bed space for the other parts. Perhaps the military or national guard are using their own trucks for delivering the shelters and due to them not having the additonal bed space the other pieces are delivered separately? Just my thoughts.

Also, if we find out these really are shelters, well, then I think we all should buy one of these babies, I mean if they are using them maybe we should take that as a hint that we should be too? I only have one spot where it would fit though, right under my vegetable garden. Wonder if I could still garden on top of it, perfect camo and good to eat.

Good luck, hope one of the drivers gives you some info, I'll watch for them too.

STM

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i have seen alot of these things here in texas on I-35 and have been very curious about them. always see them moving but finally caught one parked uoside of austin. no one was in the truck, waited for the driver until i had to get going. someone said they were the hub of a giant windmill that they use on the windfarms springing up all around. we have a few in west texas, so its possible

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
somewhat like this?

Google Video Link

or maybe this?

Google Video Link

[edit on 29/12/2007 by scarystuff]

[edit on 29/12/2007 by scarystuff]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of them down here in Texas.. I really don't know what they are.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Mogwai

To be honest, if it was something suspect, why would they transport in on a major highway/s, without a cover on it?

In general response to the thread, I'm sure there is a very rational explanation... in response to the specific quote:

'Hidden in Plain Sight'. There is a place in the UK (South Wales specifically - can provide lots of info if needed) called 'The Royal Mint'. It is here that some 80% of the currency used in the whole of Europe is made, minted and distributed from.

It is a known fact that they transport all their coins and coinage in lorries marked with livery from other common firms like supermarkets, delivery companies etc!

There is literally 10's of millions of Euros worth of currency on the roads of Europe, and no-one apart from a few ppl who work at the Mint, know the specifics! Next time you see a Walmart or Tesco truck around, it might just not be filled with toilet rolls and pints of milk!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scarystuff

Awesome video!
but no they are nothing like that. in your video you can definetely make out the shape of a blade. these things I'm talking about aren't as long and they are taller. I have seen some with what looks like an RV roof mounted air conditioner on top. I will keep trying to take a piture of the next one I see.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It is the shell of a wind power generator.

Here is one more line so my post adds some real content to this site.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Dang I have a pic uploaded but I'm too dumb to get it posted on this thread.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe not.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

You may be right.
seems to have the correct shape and it would explain the huge circularopening..about the right size and it would explain why there is so many of them being transported all over the place.
Wish ther was a cloe up picture of one from a different angle...
Going googling..stand by...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You may be right.
seems to have the correct shape and it would explain the huge circularopening..about the right size and it would explain why there is so many of them being transported all over the place.
Wish ther was a cloe up picture of one from a different angle...
Going googling..stand by...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've seen many of them, and once I saw a truck with one, turning off the road where there was a wind farm!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I think you've solved it.
I found this picture of one that looks very similar to the ones I've been seeing.
It is good to know that I dont have to scramble for my camera every time i see one of these monsters. It is also good to know the governent doesn't have a huge, cross country, mega, underground bunker project going on.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Mogwai]

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Mogwai]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join