It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death

www.globalresearch.ca

U.S. forces in Iraq soon will be equipped with high-tech equipment that will let them process an Iraqi’s biometric data in minutes and help American soldiers decide whether they should execute the person or not, according to its inventor.

"A war fighter needs to know one of three things: Do I let him go? Keep him? Or shoot him on the spot?” Pentagon weapons designer Anh Duong told the Washington Post for a feature on how this 47-year-old former Vietnamese refugee and mother of four rose to become a top U.S. bomb-maker.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What?!? A targeting aide? A machine(???) that can scan and summarize a target?

I guess it is connected to a biometric data base in West Virginia and can run the data sent from the battlefield and return a form of action. Be it death, torture or freedom for the subject.

Scary. When's this going to come home to every squadcar on the street?

Cuhail

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow, I'm genuinely suprised that no-one of the 50-some views took the time to comment. The article is truly interesting and may show the future of how people are related to, here in America.
Imagine, you're walking down a city street where you come upon a scene where police are involved. They see you and, since you're there and all, the ask you to slide your thumb into this thing-a-ma-jig...that easy. If you say no, that's like saying "No, I won't take a breathalyzer, officer" and it's a run to the clink for non-conformity!

Sorry, I think I'm throwing it way out of context for discussions sake, but, I want to hear some reaction to this.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
found some pictures of them

here

and

more info

been done before - vans driving around killing people based upon the badge they wear - in this case `biometric profiling` is just a new name for an old badge.

[edit on 17/12/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There's a passage in the op article that should be of concern to those who oppose repression:

In effect, the Bush administration is transforming Iraq into a test tube for modern techniques of repression, which already include use of night-vision optics on drone aircraft, heat resonance imaging, and firepower that is both deadly and precise.
Source | Global Research.ca | Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death

Not to mention wireless tasers, "puke rays", active denial systems, Holosonics, and "Intrusive Brain Reading Surveillance Technology."

Is there any doubt where this is heading?

If we don't have the mustard to care about what's happening to the people of Iraq, who's going to be left to care when they turn this technology on us?

Good catch, Cuhail, Flagged and Starred!

reply to post by Harlequin

History repeats.

Only this time around, the PTB have better "toys."

[edit on 17-12-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I call it test tube for counterinsurgency instead of repression. Of course the author can just call it whatever he wants.

*Video Link Removed*

Wearing civilian clothing doesn't always guaranteed that you will not get caught and killed by the troops.

(Mod edit: Link removed per T&C 1a. -- Majic)

[edit on 12/19/2007 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

That's odd, I found the same video.

Only it's called "30 mm murder."

*Video Link Removed*

I don't see these people carrying any guns, do you?

I suppose it makes it more palatable to watch if you label them "insurgents" and pretend it's only a video game.

I'm curious, in order to confirm their identities, did they do a "biometric" test on these people before they simply gunned them down?

Besides, what's this little "hoorah" moment got to do with the topic of this thread?

Edit to remove direct video link. Once in a thread is one time too many.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by goosdawg]

(Mod edit: Link removed per T&C 1a and at request of member. -- Majic)

[edit on 12/19/2007 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

After watching these, all I can say is, "Good shooting, Tex!"

There was another video making the rounds awhile back of some insurgents planting "something" from two trucks along a road. I think it was an AC-130 that got them. an interesting thing to listen to onthese tapes is the cool professionalism displayed by the troops involved.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

That's odd, I found the same video.

I don't see these people carrying any guns, do you?

I suppose it makes it more palatable to watch if you label them "insurgents" and pretend it's only a video game.

Insurgents tend to attack American troops with IEDs, hence no need for guns when its just a cell phone of some kind that detonates an IED. Which is why the Apache spotted and follow them after an attack.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Do some of you actually bother to educate yourselves with the military technology, policy and information concerning what's being mentioned in that article before you type? No of course not, all that is necessary is personal ideology, a biased report and the irrelevant dramatic ranting of a "suit". Nice general display of ignorance and hate thus far, a shining beacon indeed…

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The people that used technology experimentation back in Germany were called Nazis we call them in modern times liberators.

What a scam.

Westpoint

BTW what is wrong with despising a government that have no regard for human life in the nation that was invaded for personal agendas?

Be careful when you used the word ignorance because it can backfire.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As scary as the thought of a mobile biometric testing lab may be what I find even more alarming is how plainly they mention "shooting him on the spot". Since when was America known for summary executions? Perhaps I was wrong but I had always thought that one of the greatest parts of living in America was the right to a trial before imprisonment or execution. Does this mean they now have lists of people who are to be shot on site?

The tighter we squeeze this iron fist of the War on Terror the more young disenfranchised muslim youths will seek to retaliate against Coalition forces. Many on these forums have voiced the fact that they would fight the government given certain situations and I fail to see how this is any different. If a foreign force invaded and occupied American soil I would hope that many would rise and fight for our freedom.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
On The Spot

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Nice general display of ignorance and hate thus far, a shining beacon indeed…

You're quite welcome to elaborate if you think someone's opinion is wrong, but let's please try to avoid summary executions of straw men in this thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Theres another problem with the biometric system if it falls into the wrong hands when American troops record information on new Iraqi police recruits and military personnel. Insurgents can easily find out who is who. This is a double edge sword.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Great news and it sounds like a super tool to weed out the muj's and hajis...Yeah WestPoint23 there is a growing "Hate America First Cult" here on ATS and all you can do is shake your head in wonder of WHY they still remain in-Country...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Do some of you actually bother to educate yourselves with the military technology, policy and information concerning what's being mentioned in that article before you type?

Of course not the people in question are more interested in making the US look bad to suit there political views and going to any length to deny the fact that the Surge has been effective.

No of course not, all that is necessary is personal ideology, a biased report and the irrelevant dramatic ranting of a "suit".

Not so long ago that would have described who went around labelling people with any sense as anti American. Now the shoe is on the other foot or rather both feet.

Nice general display of ignorance and hate thus far, a shining beacon indeed…

Well I don't even usually bother with threads like this one any more because there no weapon available that stop members using biased or unreliable sources to suit there agenda . Things go down hill after that. If a thread screams avoid from the outset then just leave them to there pool of ignorance.

As for using biometric data in Iraq such a measure is four years to late but still useful. Really it is just a high tech version of what Diggers use to in Vietnam that is detain villagers behind white wire and interrogate them . The tactic worked well in Vietnam and can be adopted to the urban environment in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
What?!? A targeting aide? A machine(???) that can scan and summarize a target?

I guess it is connected to a biometric data base in West Virginia and can run the data sent from the battlefield and return a form of action. Be it death, torture or freedom for the subject.

Why do they need all this electronic felgercarb?

They could just shoot everyone wearing a black trenchcoat, the ultimate emblem of absolute evil. Problem solved. It works so well in government schools, it might as well work against Iraqi civilians.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneshot1
Great news and it sounds like a super tool to weed out the muj's and hajis...Yeah WestPoint23 there is a growing "Hate America First Cult" here on ATS and all you can do is shake your head in wonder of WHY they still remain in-Country...

Hosea 8:7 for they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.

"If we want it that way, we'll get it that way." ---------------------------PC

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

LOL I can just picture it now.

I'm walking down the street, minding my own business, when I suddenly feel a high powered bullet entering through the back of my skull.

The officer's excuse/reason.... "the machine told me to do it"... !!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I wonder if these mobile labs will remove valuable organs to go on the black market like China has done with their mobile execution vans?

This totally contradicts the so-called "democracy" the USA is bringing to Iraq. Now the soldiers are basically like the Judges from Judge Dredd. Judge, jury, and executioner all in one para-military package.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join