It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Delegates prevented from vote in Texas straw poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I went to FT. Worth Texas this morning to support Ron Paul. While I was there I saw delegates enter through heavy security into the convention center to cast their vote. All the delegates who were entering were wearing a neck strap that said delegate on it.
The Convention center opened at 9am and was supposed to allow delegates to vote until around 1pm. At 10 am the security gaurds locked the doors and stopped anyone from entering who did not have a pre printed pass.

As out of town delegates started to arrive at 10am with printed copies from their online purchase of their voting pass, they were turned away one after another. I witnessed dozens of delegates turned away from their right to vote. The Ron
Paul group was gathered in front of the convention center when 2 delegates approached me because I was wearing Ron Paul signs and asked if I could help them get in to vote. We asked nicely to allow the delegates to enter and security said no. So a bunch of us along with 12 delegates approached the security and asked why the delegates could not enter. Here is the video of the confrontation. After this the security called the Police who were on location already and we quickly dispersed as not to cause a scene.

We estimated about a dozen delegates every 10 mins were turned away for over 3 hours straight. These were almost all delegates who were wearing Ron Paul shirts or pins. I calculated approx, 200+ delegates were denied entry.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That's sick. I'm just wondering what will happen in 2008 or at the primaries when this kind of crap happens. Voting for Ron Paul? No you can't enter, cannot vote, you're against the establishment.

Hell, that may be the start of the revolution right there.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When you go to vote, dont tell anyone who you are voting for. 216 people voted for ron paul today. Add another couple hundred who were turned away, and you would have had an easy victory for Ron Paul.

Fred (I think im running) Thompson gets votes because he is a celeb. When he enters the race next week, the crap he pulled in senate and as a leech lobbyist will be revealed.
Rudy is all but burried him self and the rest of the pack are slowly being picked apart for the flip flops that they are.

Consistent anti war Ron is the only choice to beat Clinton.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I can not believe it. Isn't that illegal?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is 2 instances now where Ron Paul has been essentially removed from straw polls. This is quite a shame and the GOP should not get away with this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I feel this is the beginning of Ron Paul's exclusion from everything. People up there don't want the best candidate to win.

Slowly i see a trend, he is being excluded from everything-i feel it will be more noticeable later down the road.

I still want to see him win. Ron Paul.......Our Only Hope (Catchy Isn't it)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This pisses me off so much.

And does most of America care? No. It's all about what's on tv tonight.

We're all screwed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You should take this video to authorities, this is completely outrageous.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only Man I see speaking out on the true crime.
This is gonna explode within the next week I am sure of it!

This is gonna get really serious by the time old hillary
comes face to face this man.
Here weeee gooo!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul is leading in military donations. I wonder what kind of reaction this kind of stuff would get with them?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
Fred (I think im running) Thompson gets votes because he is a celeb. When he enters the race next week, the crap he pulled in senate and as a leech lobbyist will be revealed.
Rudy is all but burried him self and the rest of the pack are slowly being picked apart for the flip flops that they are.

Fred is announcing his candidacy next week.
The Republican party thinks he is the next 'Ronald Reagen', because he is a celebrity.
Don't know much about him though.
Rudy has no chance with all the skeletons he has in his closet, and Mitt Romney has flip floped on abortion and his pro-choice stance so many times.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You should make copies, and send it to Ron Paul, and then every news agency and newspaper you possibly can.

I am sure Mr. Paul would love to make this public to show he is being pushed aside.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is public, right here on AboveTopSecret.com

Anyone can send a link to this thread, spread the word.

If this requires exposure, it is already getting it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Pretty scary, the illusion of freedom we 'think' we have. When choice is skull or bones, and nothing else, it shows how screwed we really are. Ron Paul is the only candidate out there not bottom-feeding and catering to the status quo special interest groups. He is already all but invisible to all the major media outlets. It's both sickening and highly disturbing at the same time. Our choices for gov leaders just get more and more corrupt with each election.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
It is public, right here on AboveTopSecret.com

Anyone can send a link to this thread, spread the word.

If this requires exposure, it is already getting it.

I'm already posting it on the Ron Paul groups on MySpace, I'm fixing to go post it on the MySpace Politics forums.

ATS Server is about to get bombarded with hits.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Goddammit!! This really pisses me off, not just that Paul is being excluded, but that it seems to be so easy for these *SNIP* crooks to get away with it!

We need to do something, and we need to do it now! However, we need to make sure that whatever we do doesn't have any negative impact on Ron Paul.

Ideas I'm toying with;

1) Get into a live press conference with solid evidence of Ron Paul exclusion and demand answers to these questions. Have a website set-up ahead of time with great evidence so that when the gestapo thugs drag you out for exercising free speech, you can yell "Whatever-RonPaul.com". If that doesn't work, find some live TV crew doing a report on the street and hold up a sign in the background saying, "Why does the media ignore Ron Paul?". Or better yet, go positive instead of negative, once again find a live TV shot and hold up signs promoting Paul's positions, "RON PAUL -- ANTI-WAR GOP SINCE BEFORE THE WAR!"

2) Get cloth banners that say, "VOTE RON PAUL" or "End the Ron Paul Media Blackout!!" and find a way to safely chain and lock them to heavily trafficked highway overpasses

IMPORTANT: Just because you don't break the law doesn't mean you won't be arrested!! Just because you are innocent doesn't mean you will get acquitted! Welcome to the police state!

[edit on 9/1/2007 by sp00n1]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling about these tactics..

It seems to me that certain people opposed to RP are trying to incite the Ron Paul people by pulling underhanded stunts such as these. I defend we find out who was giving this guy orders. GOP? who in it, told the guards to stop letting in Ron Paul voters? I want than person in jail for 50 years for impeding a federal election session. It looks as though the voters there were intentionaly misled somehow, and that they had this planned..come on people, dont sit around.. make calls, action..camera..freedom.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not only bringing truth to the table, he is making us all eat it!
He is not a Rudy man, by far! Rudy had a chance to give our hero's in 911, radio's that worked. He failed miserably. Rudi is a suck face liar! POS and God please no man like him takes office! Ever.

Ron Paul is... just listen to his comments on the politics channel on cable.

also found here..

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Lol, best part was when that GOP guy was saying how he didn't like being photographed without his consent... and the other guy replies "well the government does it".

Yeah dude this is a crock... this story needs some mass media coverage, stat!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So what do we do when they wont let us run a candidate anymore?

What do we do when they don’t let us pick governs us?

What recourse do we have?

Ask yourself what happens when its all over and he does get blatantly pushed out of the race.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join