It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Delegates prevented from vote in Texas straw poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
yea I doubt if you guys even got in there to vote for ron paul that they would "accurately tally how many he really received.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm not even from America, but with how Americanized that Canada is becoming(especially where I am in SW Ontario) even I can see that Ron Paul is by far the best choice. This cannot go on with out some kind of action.

Bill Clinton almost got impeached for getting a little action, why hasn't Bush and co been yet??????

This needs to be pushed, this topic cannot die. For all our American brothers and sisters, vote Ron Paul, save your country(and mine)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

Unfortunately for you, I believe your country is going down with ours. The whole North American Union thing.

I mean, what if this keeps up? What do we do? I hate suggesting revolution, but does anyone consider that an option? Are we 'keeping all options on the table'? Even if it's a last resort..?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The US American President Thomas Jefferson thought that the threat of revolution by an armed citizenry was essential in order to keep would-be tyrants in check. He warned of a great many things that have come to pass in the last thirty years, things I never imagined for the USA or for Canada.

Revolution is always the right idea in opposition to tyranny.

The use of violence is another matter that one needs to weigh far more carefully. A non-violent 'Velvet Revolution' should be sought if at all possible.

[edit on 2/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have it ripped and can post a download link if it is allowed...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out that at 3:14-ish, some guy shows his credentials and walks in with what looks like a Ron Paul sign. I'm not entirely certain that this was an attempt to keep people from voting for Ron Paul or whatever the people perceive the situation to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
really, that bare appearance of corrupt power is SICK.
america needs DIRECT DEMOCRACY.thats one point.

for this poll ( or future situations), I directly would start, right there, an polling action.
EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is prevented from voting ( thats a civil right, RIGHT?)
should register into a petition. this petition then must be officially confirmed by a legal person, like a notary public. (this will cost perhaps 100 bucks).

no court will deny such a petition.

those pigs.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by anti72]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Big thanks to the OP. This is kind of a no-brainer for the GOP. Among other things, RP wants to abolish the IRS and knock down the whole house of cards. The powers that be cannot allow that to happen. Similar tricks have probably been used before. This time the video evidence, and ATS have exposed the crime.
I agree that the fluke affected ALL Internet registers, regardless of whom they supported. But, if they knew that the end result was to mostly exclude RP supporters, then what’s the difference? Mission Accomplished!
Tarzan: We should just accept that we have to go to the polls stealthily, taking care to ensure no one knows whom we think is the best candidate? That’s what we’ve come to?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is absolutely infuriating and just goes to show that your vote does not matter! In the end, the Electoral Collage and the Reps from your state will decide who becomes the President. The election of 2000 should have taught us all that the government will no longer be secretive about screwing the people and putting who they want into a position to win the top office, and if their choice can not win it they will simply give it to who they want.

Revolution is on its way kids. Get used to the idea and like another poster said, this Revolution should be fought with your mind and your words. Aggressive confrontation should be a last resort. Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what it will take before any real changes happen in this country.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This reeks of tyranny: I think of course they knew that a huge proportion of RP supporters are on the net (because where else are they going to learn about RP, mainstream media?), and that's why they told web-users to show up at 10:00, which was then conveniently set as being too late to vote. Bastards! . . . I'm so infuriated . . . what has happened to America?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
section8citizen,

thats right, they dont mind anymore if the citieans get fooled.
but democracy itself is in danger.

about revolution,
in our times we have to be aware that (democratic) REVOLUTION only can happen through (democratic) EVOLUTION .

this great site points out the main points of a careful way with direct democracy.
www.threefolding.org...

the capitalism has to be thought-to-its-end.
that s the point. there is no other way.

please see my own thread.

love

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well I spread the word.....I am not a HUGE Paul supporter but I do like him and for his Voters to be turned away when almost ALL of the so called TOP candidates did not even participate is ridiculous. The Winner..Duncan Hunter...The question.....WHY...Maybe the GOP did not want Paul to receive even another SMALL victory.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of confusion here on times, etc.

I heard one RP supporter state that his letter said "Registration up to 10AM", or some such.

Knowing how people are, the supporters most likely had a leisurely breakfast, and moseyed down there about 10:15 or so, where they were turned away.

Maybe they should have showed up earlier than that.

There were RP delegates who were granted admittance while we watched, which proves that it was not a plot to turn away RP supporters.

We need to see a copy of that letter the delegates had.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What is the official reaction to this from the RP camp?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The good news is Ron Paul supporters are getting his message out. Up here in NJ I see new home made signs every day for Paul, including a highway overpass sign- Ron Paul Revolution 2008.
We need to take this event and make it a rallying cry!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This doesn't really surprise anyone, does it?

There's absolutely no way the Republicans are going to run Dr. Paul
for president. His views and ideas are completely opposite to their agenda.
They will shut him down any way they can.

His only chance will be to run as an independent candidate.

I'm sure Dr. Paul sees this. I wonder if he's prepared to break party lines
for the good of the country?

I hope so.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am convinced now more than ever that OUR VOTE does not count. How can you contend with people who control your votes.

They can stop you from voting, they can change your vote electronically, they can throw paper votes out to win.

This system is broke and I will not waste my time supporting any candidate or contribute any more cash out of my pocket. This country is controlled and run by cooperations. America does not exist any more and it's a sham!

Sorry, but that video just pushed me over the edge.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You can bet that this will not be the only obstacle for Ron Paul and his supporters. With everything we have seen in politics over the years, you have to wonder if we were ever a democracy. If we were anything less than a republic, the founding fathers would roll over in their graves. Being a democracy is the fascade, it's the bait and switch for the politicians.

Richard Pryor made a movie years ago called Brewster's Million, where the motto of his campaign was to vote for "None of the above." Granted, the powers would rather you not show up at the polls at all if you're voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Agreed there has to be more to this then we are being told. In the first article the OP states they were supposed to arrive at the door with a preprinted delegate pass yet they just show up with a letter???? 2+2 does not = 4 here.

I could be wrong but their estimates seemed rather high to mee as not that many delegate were turned away during the video and I found it very strange that they took the camera and filmed the girl near the van indicating too me this may have been a set up of sorts.

I did a screen shot jsobecky unfortunately the only clear shot one can get is 1000 a.m. showing and something on the bottom regarding tickets however it only shows the numbers and what is printed on the left cannot be viewd.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Agreed, shots. This one needs to be filed away under "not enough info to draw an informed conclusion".

Who has a copy of that letter? The OP?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join