It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales Resigns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This article is a must read:

From the beginning of his rise with George W. Bush until the day of his abrupt resignation, Alberto Gonzales was anointed, directed and protected by Karl Rove. At the Department of Justice, Gonzales served as Rove's figurehead. In the real line of authority, the attorney general, a constitutional officer, reported to the White House political aide. Bush did not nickname Gonzales "Fredo," after the weak brother in "The Godfather," without reason.

Rove ran the Department of Justice like a personal fiefdom as Gonzales reigned there as his vassal lord. The civil rights division was gutted, more than 60 percent of its professional staff forced out; and since 2001, not a single discrimination case was filed. The antitrust division became a favor bank. Rove granted dispensations to companies, including those seeking to override laws involving foreign purchases of U.S. assets with national security implications, a former government official involved in such a case told me.
Source:www.salon.com...

Some very great insight to the depth and breadth of clandestine actions at the highest level of our government. As far as the "Titanic" description, it is quite fitting. However, it saddens me that my homeland has degenerated to such levels. No matter where you sit on the political aisle, anybody would be better than Bush.

One last comment, bear in mind that when Gonzales gave is resignation speech this morning, his first words were "Thirteen years ago, I entered public service to make a positive difference in the lives of others....." Well consider this:

What Gonzales did not say was that all of those 13 years were spent under the patronage of George W. Bush.

Gonzales went to work for then-Texas Gov. Bush as his general counsel in 1994. Bush then appointed him to the post of Texas secretary of state and then to the state supreme court.

When Bush became president, Gonzales followed him to Washington as general counsel and it was widely believed Bush was grooming him to become the first Latino justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
Source: www.politico.com...

regards...kk

[edit on 27-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As it stands right now the congressional republicans are running from bush minor like he had the plague and his and their poll ratings are in the gutters. Generally speaking unless there is an heir apparent (and not even always then) when one party has held the white house for 2 terms, the next occupant is of the opposition.

Unless she really messes up bad or you guys work out a new way to steal the election (for the 3rd time) the next president will probably be Hillary.

I am not fond of the idea myself, I would rather have Edwards but odds are it will be her.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well I'm surprised that Gonzales stayed in the job this long I would have fought that he would have called it quiets ages ago. The only reason I can think of as to why Gonzales stayed in the job so long is that he was acting as a buffer between the dems and anything else that could prove to be politically damaging to the Bush admin.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Information on Chertoff:

Questions on his citizenship?

Is this of concern?

Coverup Master?

Loyalties?

It seems that if the current buzz is correct and Chertoff is next in line for this position, we may have some serious issues to debate for at least the next 10 years.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woulfe
Why do I suddenly feel like the US is the Titanic, and all the folks jumming ship are the ones who spotted the iceberg, and on top of all that, there aren't enough lifeboats for us all ?

I too have thought that the USA had turned into the Titanic with the election of Republicans or Democrats equal to the moving of deck chairs on the Titanic.

One thing is certain: the Texans and others in the White House are leaving Washington, D.C. as quickly as they can in a fashion that seems to be intended to avoid raising a general alarm.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Benjamin Fulford, of "Chinese Secret Society Give Illuminati an Ultimatum" fame - www.abovetopsecret.com...' - stated approx one week before Karl Rove resigned that we would see a plethora of resignations from the Bush Government which would climax with the resignation fo DubbleYa himself.

I'm not claiming that Fulford has it spot on, but at the very least the coincidence sure is compelling....

[edit on 27-8-2007 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Watching all of Bush's people drop like flies makes me happy. Not that they're really dropping like flies because flies would fall on their back with their legs in the air, shrivel up and die, which I would prefer of the Bush administration.

:

Actually dropping like flies would mean more like they are actually dyeing...kind of like during the Clinton’s administration.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Originally posted by jsobecky
Because if he were guilty, you can be sure the Dem's would be preparing a case against him right now.

I cant believe there are still fools in America that believe in the Left/Right
Democrats/Republican bullcrap.
Left or right makes no difference, they are still hands of the same body, the body of politrix.

As long as you are stuck in that mentality there is no hope for progress.

Divide and conquer perhaps? The banks run the world. Not Dems and not Reps. But they sure are a good distraction aren't they?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
people understand dont u see pattern, powel resign, rumsfeld resign, CIA Director George J. Tenet resigned, topny blair resign tony snow resign, gonzalez resign. all are resigning for reason, think maybe? bush will declar emergency power soon, i see official govnt documents for the north american union but they not call that they call it Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Gonzales' resignation wouldn't have anything to do with Democrat's mudslinging tactics, would it? Nah...!

If he is that thin skinned he is in the wrong place to begin with and should never been appointed to the post.

Every 6 months or so, you say something I agree with, grover. Your observation was a good one - Gonzales was in over his head as AG. And he certainly would not have been the person for the job in the upcoming legal issues facing this admin.

A mudslinging congress is better than a rubber stamp congress.

Disagree. Mudslinging has been the Dem's singular plan of action for the past 6 years. They have tied up the admin by forcing them to react to every accustaion.

BTW it is not just mudslinging Democrats Josbecky; Gonzales lost the support of many of his own party in congress as well.

True

As for his resignation speech.... AWW how sweet.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by grover]

Actually, I thought he was sincere and it was a nice speech.

Left or right makes no difference, they are still hands of the same body, the body of politrix.

And if you deny that it exists, you deny ignorance and reality.

Originally posted by Knightshadowz
Was this the same idiot that tried to push the "shoot on sight" clause in regards to american citizens found fleeing across the borders of Canada or Mexico by their soldiers?

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Knightshadowz]

Like I said before, I love this place.:shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

As it stands right now the congressional republicans are running from bush minor like he had the plague and his and their poll ratings are in the gutters.

C'mon, grover, don't play games. The entire congress' ratings are at historical lows, not just the Repub's.

And who has the majority in both houses, hmmm?

Unless she really messes up bad or you guys work out a new way to steal the election (for the 3rd time) the next president will probably be Hillary.

I am not fond of the idea myself, I would rather have Edwards but odds are it will be her.

Wow. Stealing the election? Talk about tainting an outcome befor it even happens!

And, Edwards? Yeah, I guess he would be the right man to really make us a TWO AMERICA country.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

[
And who has the majority in both houses, hmmm?

And who controlled congress for the past 6 years and refused their duty of congressional oversight, Hmmmm?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
do any of you think that all these resignations are due to the fact that they know when the attack (if any) on Iran will come and they are against it?

Maybe they tried to persuade Mr bush of the idoicy of a second war with one already going on and not going so well , or maybe there trying to get safe?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
do any of you think that all these resignations are due to the fact that they know when the attack (if any) on Iran will come and they are against it?

Maybe they tried to persuade Mr bush of the idoicy of a second war with one already going on and not going so well , or maybe there trying to get safe?

Because of the total lack of proof to back up your speculation, that would be Conclusion Number 1,000,000 in the first one million conclusions that would come to mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Gonzales had several reasons to consider resignation. Yes, he's got a hostile congress to face, but he's also got other problems. With so many DoJ officials departed, he has no loyalists in his chhain of command. that would make anyone stop and think. As you know, we're coming up to the end of the Federal fiscal year. Now that the Republicans no longer control the levers of Congress, its going to be much harder to certify and fund the domestic spying program. Now that the Director over at the FBI has made accusations against Gonzales that could get him slapped with a purgery charge, it really is in his best interest to go while he still can.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Are you saying that Gonzales made a deal to step down in return for dropping the perjury charges? That's a pretty big charge, if so. To think that the big stink about his firing of some US Attys was because they were "politically motivated", that would seem that the FBI was guilty of the same actions.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

NO. They're all senseless idiots and Bush and Cheney are just covering their butts (if there is such a thing for those two)- They're stepping down (fired) because they're in hot water and better be in hot water away from the government than within. Just like Rove. He was the ring leader, do you think he's gone (but not forgotten) because he didnt agree with Bush or Cheney? He was the mastermind- and beleive me, he's still around giving "advice"...
I love the way they're called resignations...

NOw if only Cheney and Bush RESIGNED...now that would be good news..fireworks type news.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

[edit on 27-8-2007 by grover]

Actually, I thought he was sincere and it was a nice speech. A REAL SNAKE CHARMER. DEVIL TYPE CHARMING.

Its all the same bs. Its just time for another form of bs- The soap opera continues with a different cast of characters who hopefully are able to speak at least.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Are you saying that Gonzales made a deal to step down in return for dropping the perjury charges? That's a pretty big charge, if so. To think that the big stink about his firing of some US Attys was because they were "politically motivated", that would seem that the FBI was guilty of the same actions.

Gonzales had several reasons to consider resignation. Yes, he's got a hostile congress to face, but he's also got other problems.

1. With so many DoJ officials departed, he has no loyalists in his chhain of command. That would make anyone stop and think.

2. As you know, we're coming up to the end of the Federal fiscal year. Now that the Republicans no longer control the levers of Congress, its going to be much harder to certify and fund the domestic spying program.

3. Now that the Director over at the FBI has made accusations against Gonzales that could get him slapped with a purgery charge, it really is in his best interest to go while he still can.

It's true that there are some unanswered questions regarding the the U.S. attorney business, but I don't think they matter much anymore. Not in light of these three points.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You just reiterated what you said in a previous post. You didn't answer my question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join