It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales Resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
looks like you spoke too soon...

Chertoff is likely to be nominated to succeed Gonzales.

CNN

Well yeah, that's what CNN is saying...

I think it's pretty dumb, but of course this wouldn't be the first time GWB did something I thought was dumb....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Marg, would you call that a "gut" feeling? Or could it be because the guy looks like the crypt keeper? Or MAYBE is it because you can't trust ANYTHING this administration does?

hmmm

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Marg, would you call that a "gut" feeling? Or could it be because the guy looks like the crypt keeper?

You tell you the truth you nail my gut feeling to the spot he does looks like the crypt keeper.

He is the kind of person that will give you some nightmares.

And for the Bush administration well we are at a point that anything can happen out of desperation or just because the agendas started has not been fulfilled, we all know what Cheney wants and has not been finish to his satisfaction.

Gonzales controversial appointment to the Justice Department was very faithful to the Bush administration because of personal ties.

Bush will never find another faithful candidate after Gonzales.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's being reported that Homeland Security boss Michael Chertoff could be the Bush pick to replace Gonzales. What says you to that?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
What says you to that?

Well at first I said dumb.

But, on second thought I'm thinking he wants more fights with Congress. If he tries to move Chertoff, they'll be two confirmation battles instead of one.

I still don't think it's a good idea though.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Even MORE terrifying, Justin, is the prospect of who would fill in for Chertoff at DHS!

Are they going to find a night manager at a Walgreens that once filled Bush's ADHD meds in Texas?

I can see Chertoff (Mr. Burns Style) folding his fingers together and exclaiming, " excellent".

[edit on 27-8-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Chertoff bungled his department's response to hurricane Katrina. He appointed Michael Brown, then-director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, to lead the federal response. He co-authored the Patriot Act. His cousin wrote the controversial Popular Mechanics 9-11 hit piece. He thinks the internet is a training ground for terrorists. The list goes on and on... He's the perfect butt-kissing idiot to replace Gonzales and continue this administration's destruction of the American Republic.

You do all realize we're living in a communist country now, don't you? Read about Karl Marx's 10 planks of the Communist manifesto. The U.S. has implemented 9 of them I believe.
www.greaterthings.com...
[edit on 8/27/2007 by ElectRon41]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
So, what else can he do? If Mr. Bush decides to NOT appoint a replacement, the DoJ is handicapped for theresto f his Presidency. That CAN mean that it'll be much harder to prosecute Bush cronies. It can also mean that a long list of Federal investigations in to Bush's dealing will get de-railed. It its own twisted way, this move makes good defense tactics for the embattled President.

Can he decided not to appoint a replacement? Sorry, but I don't understand the workings of a republic, I come from the land of Kings and Queens.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Can he decided not to appoint a replacement? Sorry, but I don't understand the workings of a republic, I come from the land of Kings and Queens.

The second in command will become the acting AG until a new one is appointed. While Congress is out of session (as it is now), the president could appoint someone for a one year term without Senate approval.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Even MORE terrifying, Justin, is the prospect of who would fill in for Chertoff at DHS!

Are they going to find a night manager at a Walgreens that once filled Bush's ADHD meds in Texas?

Well, according to this: thinkprogress.org...

Looks like it could be this guy, Clay Johnson III. Hmmm. He has no prior DHS experience whatsoever. Looks like a numbers cruncher. www.whitehouse.gov...

More on him here: (funny source huh?)
archive.newsmax.com...

Another loyalist crony. Love this quote from the above article back in 1994.

"I want someone whose primary interest is me - George Bush - and who doesn't hope to parlay this into something and isn't trying to curry favor with this one or that one," Bush told Johnson and his wife, Anne Sewell Johnson, over lunch. Johnson fretted that he didn't know enough about politics.

Another....yes man. regards...kk

[edit on 27-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why do I suddenly feel like the US is the Titanic, and all the folks jumming ship are the ones who spotted the iceberg, and on top of all that, there aren't enough lifeboats for us all ?

We're staying on course all right, forget the fact that the ship is taking on water, we're still going full steam ahead and New York is miles away.

Are my feet getting wet or is it just me ?

- W -
* And the band played on... *

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You do all realize we're living in a communist country now, don't you? Read about Karl Marx's 10 planks of the Communist manifesto. The U.S. has implemented 9 of them I believe.

Funny that you mention communism. Under Chertoff, two consultant hirings raised a few eyebrows, although not by the mainstream media (what a surprise). What expertise do you think ex heads of the KGB and East German STASI would bring to the table - apart from the predictable surveillance state pf course.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Remember that Chertoff the dual Isreali/American citizen was the guy that sent the 5 " dancing Isreali's ' packing back to Isreal. On a TV show once back home, the guys said that they were there to ' film the event ', which means foreknowledge. Chertoff made sure they got home safely with no investigating done.

This guy is OF COURSE a mid-level pNAC player and Cheney and other insiders who caaused the 9-11 ' attacks ' are now safely protected by Bush and cabal. Chertoff will be a disaster for any Dept. that he gets near, he will infect it with Neocon treachery for sure.

America is almost gone, destroyed..Constitution shredded for lies and the public asleep at the wheel. The Justice Dept. is now an official organ of the Bush cabal and used for partisan purposes al the time. The Bush crime gang knows NO BOUNDS whatsoever. No one has ever stopped them and no one will; the senate and congress are full of weak sister, spineless wimps who are owned by big business.

I believe that ONLY a military coup by loyal Americans can restore this nation to what it once was and what we want it to be.Voting means NOTHING, as proven by Bush and gang, the criminals are bold and without shame as they defy all attempts to reign them in.Does'nt it make yopu want to retch when you hear about these pompous crooks calling each other ' Honorable Gentlemen ' and ' leaders ' and such garbage? It is beyond insulting, it is a slap in the face of all of us.

Cheroff will make a great Bush AG!! No way he will let any ' suspects ' have any rights!! No sir!! We will see a total mess of everything if he gets in, for sure. Politicnas instead of professionla,s that sick. The Feds have the wrong priorities already, imagine them unfettered support from the Neocons!! This nation is about to be wiped out as a free country and all by a handful of evil men, all known and obvious. Why are we so weak and ignorant in this nation? Why no outcry? Because Fox news says all is well and the bush haters are all wrong!! Unreal.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We are not living in a communist country. Far from it. Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Funny that you mention communism. Under Chertoff, two consultant hirings raised a few eyebrows, although not by the mainstream media (what a surprise). What expertise do you think ex heads of the KGB and East German STASI would bring to the table - apart from the predictable surveillance state pf course.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I love this place.

Markus Wolf is DEAD!

It goes along with the "jumping ship" conclusions drawn here. Gonzales' resignation wouldn't have anything to do with Democrat's mudslinging tactics, would it? Nah...!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here's his short and sweet resignation speech, as captured by me on FOX:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

It goes along with the "jumping ship" conclusions drawn here. Gonzales' resignation wouldn't have anything to do with Democrat's mudslinging tactics, would it? Nah...!

I am thinking it might have something to do with lying under oath, allowing unwarranted wiretaps and illicit spy programs directed at the American people. OR it may have to do with coercing the then sitting AG in his hospital bed to sign new spy programs into effect. OR it might be the fact that he can't remember ANYTHING!

But you're probably right...it must be the liberals.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Mr. Gonzales, who had rebuffed calls for his resignation, submitted his to President Bush by telephone on Friday, the official said. His decision was not immediately announced, the official added, until after the president invited..(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

Rats from a sinking ship....

J.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Another one jumps ship .. why are all the u.s officials resigining i am praying they are not all geting safe before Sept 21st (linked with the Put options thread)

something just dosnt feel right here, after defending himself stoutly for 2 months he just go's? or am i reading to much into this...i think something big is gonna happen there are to many signs.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Gonzales' resignation wouldn't have anything to do with Democrat's mudslinging tactics, would it? Nah...!

If he is that thin skinned he is in the wrong place to begin with and should never been appointed to the post. As for mudslinging I have yet to witness an Attorney General who hasn't been raked through the hot coals at least once of twice during their tenure. And it doesn't matter what party they belonged to or what party controlled congress.

A mudslinging congress is better than a rubber stamp congress. We just went through 6 years of that and oversights went right out the window.

BTW it is not just mudslinging Democrats Josbecky; Gonzales lost the support of many of his own party in congress as well.

As for his resignation speech.... AWW how sweet.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join