It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Something very significant will happen on or around that time (I am guessing about a year before the "2012" date). It will be devastating and difficult. I have made absolutely incredible preparations that happened easily and without worry about my future. I just simply went with what "felt right" and things fell in place. I suspect I am "supposed" to make it and help quite a few others as the preparations I have made by far exceed anything I would need for myself or my family.

So either you will feel compelled to make arrangements or somebody like myself is already doing that for you. In the event you are not in one of those groups why worry? You never thought you would live forever anyway and trying to make it when that is not the path that has been laid out for you most probably will lead to unnecessary suffering with the same result.

- PM

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by makefate
reply to post by Kadipa

I would love to get a copy whenever you can!!

Anyone else thought about going boat-bound (like the ark) for the phenomenon upon us?

if I were to win the lotto like the power ball or the mega millions, then I would do something like that. it would have to be a special design to not be able to tip over from the giant waves. But since that giant oil spill and god saying trial by fire......I am not sure now.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PreparingMom13

I plan on buying a bow of sorts. I mean you can make arrows easily. Guns are a waste of time if you don't know how to make your own bullets.I will probably live where the hopi live because their prophecy states that their area will be safe from the coming destruction of sorts.

It is good to be prepared. People do it all the time with hurricanes or tornadoes.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I truly don't believe that anything out of the ordinary is going to happen, so I'm not doing anything different.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There is no proof of anything going to happen in 2012. Everyday there are floods, wars, violence, death, bombs, storms, all types of stuff. Everyday.

It's like ever since they made the movie 2012 people believe this stuff.

Think about it. When you design a calendar it EVENTUALLY ENDS then RESETS.

When 2012 comes here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to wake up, eat breakfast, avoid this website and stupid people, go to work, get off work, go to sleep and then dec 22 will come. Then I'll log into this website then read the forum "oh we had it wrong it's 2020" then it starts all over again.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidkid

I'm not preparing at all. I figure if something happens I'll deal with it when it happens.

Congratulations on joining the military. I hope you are joining with a guaranteed job classification. I'll never forget seeing all the kids that let the Air Force assign their jobs to them. They ended up serving 4 years shoveling dead animals off the base streets (pavements dept.)

Be aware - when you are a GI - you are owned. Uncle Sam can force you to do things you may not want to do.

Make sure you select a classification that will train you for a good civilian job when you get out. While serving, take advantage of all the free college you can. Get a free college degree.

That's the best survival training you can get.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
Im not saying i think the world is going to end or anything but i am quite certain that something is going to happen.

-----
What will happen is that a bunch of people will be running around trying to explain that nothing happened because the Mayan calendar was wrong....but just wait for 2015.

God, how many of these "world to end" scenarios do we have to go through before..............ah, just forget it.

Hey, since most of you loons think it's all over in 2012, how about sending me all your money & other valuables, you won't need them right?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Are you a grasshopper or an ant? It is an insurance policy to try to be
more independent and wise about taking care of yourselves and family.
It is just plain smart. Look how our government handled Katrina, and now this oil spill.... If a wide scale event happens you are on your own. It is back to the pioneer days at the least. I have felt things have been way off since 2001. Nothing is stress free and peaceful like it was back then. We have so many problems now, things feel out of control. Goodness seems to be hiding. Things are so difficult because of the economy. Any disaster would be much more chaotic. Wisdom provides stability. A week ago I sat on the edge of the bed and told my husband I feel impending bad
events were going to happen to our family. I couldn't sleep so I got up and ate oatmeal... a week later a cousin and another, lifetime family friend have died. It has been a very sad time. I don't feel confident that the next five years are going to be positive. The past two years have been hell for everyone with the economy. Some people predicted it was coming two years in advance...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Are you a grasshopper or an ant? It is an insurance policy to try to be
more independent and wise about taking care of yourselves and family.
It is just plain smart. Look how our government handled Katrina, and now this oil spill.... If a wide scale event happens you are on your own. It is back to the pioneer days at the least. I have felt things have been way off since 2001. Nothing is stress free and peaceful like it was back then. We have so many problems now, things feel out of control. Goodness seems to be hiding. Things are so difficult because of the economy. Any disaster would be much more chaotic. Wisdom provides stability. A week ago I sat on the edge of the bed and told my husband I feel impending bad
events were going to happen to our family. I couldn't sleep so I got up and ate oatmeal... a week later a cousin and another, lifetime family friend have died. It has been a very sad time. I don't feel confident that the next five years are going to be positive. The past two years have been hell for everyone with the economy. Some people predicted it was coming two years in advance...

ever heard crap happens. well it does. Ok lets go to Katrina most of the boats they sent down there couldn't reach the remote places and trucks couldn't get food down there due to the water was in the streets. What you want the government to do? Spawn fairies everywhere that fly in with there magical wands and help ppl. Smoke some more weed then and that may happen. The economy. It was bound to happen. Welcome to AMERICA where the companies are MONEY HUNGRY and all companies will screw the people over. Sorry for the death in the family.

But really. There's so many people to "claim" to know the end and they think just regular events in every day life are signs. No there is NO signs leading to 2012. If a planet was suppose to hit the earth it would be in our galaxy and pretty close to the earth already we would be able to detect, so scratch the idea of a collision with another planet since millions of telescopes are reporting....drum roll please......NOTHING.

People in the time line of BC and AC reported the end was near. It never came. Humans are just paranoid creatures that worry about everything and can't just take one hour to sit down and enjoy the earths presence. Have you ever woke up at 5 AM and just watch the sun light just touch the clouds?

I'll make a simple statement. If you worry about 2012 its a dumb and false hope. A way to just lead your self no where. Like a dead end road.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

The sun does not come up here on the east coast till after 7:00 am or so,
I have put my child on the bus at 6:30 am and afterwards walked my dog down the street and seen two UFO type things in our upper atmostshere for
a minute. Does that qualify?
I feel so much uncertainty and the natural disasters of late constitute all hell is breaking loose. I grew up in the 1970s and stuff was much more calmer. I am sure ats would not be so popular if things were not going wacky.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
P.S. Fear is what keeps you alive, it's an intuitive natural biological important instinct.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i am finding it difficult to prepare for next month much less 2012 lol!!
gotta try and keep my head up is all!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

The 1970s were quieter?
1. Kent State shootings
2. Bloody Sunday
3. Attica prison uprising
4. Soweto riots
5. Shah deposed in Iran
6. Munich massacre
7. oil embargo
8. Jim Jones in Guyana
9. Tangshan earthquake kills 250,000 in the official count, 760,000 in the unofficial count
10. half a million die in the Bhola cyclone disaster

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
they just announced that the us debt is projected to be higher than the gdp by 2012..not only are people living above their means so is the government. that is when the s could htf.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If 2012 is gonna be a massive solar flare that wipes out the planet then this would have been a waste of time. However if there's a worldwide blackout and people will probably start riots and looting and may even resort to cannibalism, these preparations could save your life.

1.The best way to prepare is probably to convert your living space(house,aprtment,etc.) into a primitive army base

2.If there are people living near you, either recruit them into believing the end is near or let them perish at their disbelief

3.If you have a basement or attic, store food that won't spoil and large containers of water there

4.Stock up on weapons. Go buy guns and ammo. Keep weapons stashed around the house. A good idea is to keep a collapsible baton on your person when the time comes.

5.Learn to make weapons. You can't rely on guns and ammo forever so you might as well learn how to make a flamethrowe or even a crude shield.

6.If you encounter a person outside who isn't a cannibal or hostile, do not under any circumstances attempt to build a relationship/friendship with them unless they are an excellent shot or have another
basement of food.

7.Shoot cannibals on sight.

8.Make an escape route from your house in case hostiles intrude whether it be undrground or ventilation ducts.

9.Set up traps around your house. Examples would be air pump land mines, homemade claymore, or bear traps.

10.If you need to go out for food, go armed or with an armed group.

And if 2012 really doesn't happen, remember these tips for when something like this does. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kevwang95

I'd like to amend your #7 to read:

Shoot cannibals on sight and eat them.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'M PACKIN, all i need is a book on how to survive in the woods and medicines that grow in the woods. well , i need alot of things, yet. I'm learning, but i got the main and thats protection.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
hi i am buying a cave in ohio. and i have a year of food on hand and 22 guns to be safe.i have room in the cave anyone like to there own spot it has 4 dooms room in 3 miles deep it safe to live in i have camping stuff to i am ready are you.....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidkid

Preparation is mental and spiritual.

ETA: 2nd line. :p

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I view 2012 as more of a spiritual event and not a really a "physical" event.
2nd line.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join