It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has any plans on what they are going to do for 2012. Personally when i graduate next year im going to join the military cause i think the best chance of being either prepared or to know whats going on will be in that direction. Is anyone else doing something like this?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
While the military may train you to be ready in some instances, you have a much higher chance of being killed before then.

Sure, join the military. Take a tour of the middle east, get shot at every day.

It won't matter if 2012 rolls around or not, you'll be dead in the sands of Iraq or Afghanistan.

If you really plan on preparing for 2012 or any future cataclysmic event, I would not recommend joining any governmental organization. You will be steered astray anyhow.

Research yourself, go live out in the woods for a while. Learn things on your own.

You will find that by teaching yourself, or even by going out with a small group, you will find things come much quicker than if you are told to do X, Y, and Z.

Fine, read a few military field manuals. They are experienced survival guides that scouts need to know, but I wouldn't join personally.

Then again, it is your decision so I can't say it is wrong or right. You have to make it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I dread thinking what that day will be like.

I think if anything is going to happen, we'll ease into it and we will see definite signs.

If we wake up and its a beautiful sunny day and everything seems "normal" could something still happen?

My family doesnt beleive in that stuff so i will do my best to try to be with them under other pretexts and that's the best i can do. Of course, all the time with ATS handy that day.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It still amuses me that people are just waiting for the actual day of 2012, when its quite apparent to me that the changes have been underway for sometime now, and are becoming more obvious/accelerating recently.

Waiting for "something else" to save you is a bad idea, because when we get past a certain point, we will be a in place where your thoughtforms create reality, and if your not ready to handle that, which alot of people evidently aren't, then you will be shot straight back into the 3D world.. and you don't want that! I don't want that for anyone.. i want everyone to make it

Don't blink, because you will miss 2012..

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am preparing. Both my sons will be college and we are going to turn their room into a solarium. So I am already looking at designs and materials.

We will miss them but we could use the space.

Lets get real people I mean, c'mon. How many "worlds going to end" preditctions and threads are there going to be.

Youre going to live or alter you life based on the mayan calendar?

So many better things to do and so many other things to worry about.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by SwatMedic]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im not saying i think the world is going to end or anything but i am quite certain that something is going to happen. I was origionally going to join the military any way but i also think its a good way to get trained and learn how to survive and fight if necessary well incase the aliens are hostile god forbid that they arent. We may need every human to help fight the evil invading aliens and id like to know how to shoot a gun when that happens xD.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
preparing? preparing for what? tell me how i can prepare when i have no idea whats going to happen.

should i build a bomb shelter?

should i start stocking up water? ammunition? guns?

theres really nothing to be prepared for seeing you dont even know whats gonna go down.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
I. I was origionally going to join the military any way but i also think its a good way to get trained and learn how to survive and fight if necessary well incase the aliens are hostile god forbid that they arent. We may need every human to help fight the evil invading aliens and id like to know how to shoot a gun when that happens xD.

so it's been confirmed? 2012 is the date of alien contact?

even if it is.. you still have no idea what to prepare for. do you know what an alien does, what kind of weapons they have if they are hostile, what they look like.. if theyre even visible to us.. theres so many things to take in account its almost impossible to 'prepare' and basically a waste of time

dont let things like 2012 make you live your life different. 2012 will come when it gets here and if anythings going to happen its going to happen. dont worry about it.

consider this: 'they' want us to be worried about 2012.. they want us to be 'preparing' for it.. meanwhile 'they' can continue with their sneaky agendas right under every bodies nose.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well i really dont wanna be in my house watching the television when something big happens and get totally blindsided by something like a giant craft floating over my house or something.And i figure if any1 knows anything the military would be the first to know.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well i really dont wanna be in my house watching the television when something big happens and get totally blindsided by something like a giant craft floating over my house or something.And i figure if any1 knows anything the military would be the first to know.

again, youre relating aliens to 2012 when we have no idea whats going to happen. and i dont think you'll miss a huge craft hovering over your house while youre watching TV

and youre right about the military, people very high up in it probably would be the first to know. but a private, like you would be would probably get information that was extremely opposite of what they had been told. i'm sure they would steer you the other way, completely.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It is indeed hard to plan for the unknown. For example, you can build a nuclear fall-out shelter that will last you 5 years, and it can be a hangout in the mean time for you and your drinking buddies... but who knows, maybe when the BIG event comes, your on vacation, or at work, or anywhere else where your bunker is!

You can also plan to live in the woods, but there are situations where living in the woods isn't going to help you, like with nuclear fall-out.

I recommend that people with 30-40 days supply of food and water. This should be long enough to hold out in the event of a regional or national emergency that brings shipping to a halt. Be prepared to move, but be prepared to stay as well. With Katrina, you wouldn't be staying, you'd be going, so that is different. But, if it is no power for three weeks or a regional disaster somewhere else, that brings your region to a halt, then it would be best to just hang out at home until the dust settles, and not have to worry about being one of the people out stealing food at the grocery store, because know one has bothered to show up to work, and thousands of people are panicking because they didn't take the time to prepare.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

the military will more than likely be the first or second to know. you are right about that. however, only high level officials will really know what's going on. Newbies, like you, won't know the big picture. the "grunts" will just know their immediate orders. Even your squad leaders will have limited knowledge of what the big picture really is. The military is a good way to train to be a killer, however there are other methods available that don't entail one signing their life away for years at a time.

as for me, the one thing i'll make sure of is that i have a large stock of ammo as it will be more precious than money when the sh*t hits the fan. naturally, this will be true because money will be nothing more than paper and more than likely civilization will return to a bartering society. I think it will be important to defend yourself, family, loved ones, ect. from roaming bands of hostiles which are sure to arise in a time of chaos.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
I am preparing. Both my sons will be college and we are going to turn their room into a solarium. So I am already looking at designs and materials.

We will miss them but we could use the space.

Lets get real people I mean, c'mon. How many "worlds going to end" preditctions and threads are there going to be.

Youre going to live or alter you life based on the mayan calendar?

So many better things to do and so many other things to worry about.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by SwatMedic]

Actually Mayans are just one of the people that the revolve around that
date.
You got Egyptians claiming Osiris, the Bull of Egypt, will return from the dead, Christians believe the rapture is coming soon, the Jews believe their
Messiah will come and rid this world of evil and sin, Islam claims
Imam Mahdi will come.
Either all religions are good rip off stories or something really big is about
to happen. I can wait 4-5 years.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am as strong as a believer as anyone about 2012 and it's significance, but joining the army to prepare for it is crazy on so many levels. It seems you believe that one event is going to happen on that one day, and I suggest you correct that assumption by looking into it a little more. Being a military pawn will not 'put you in the know' about some sort of alien invasion or nwo final plan.

From what I have gathered it has more to do with the evolution of consciousness rather than one single event changing the world overnight. It will be the result of new ideas developing into a new overall change of the way we see the world. You can see technology and ideas evolving everyday and you will be able to notice the big change coming shortly before this date. Expect the last year to be filled with completely unpredictable new ideas and changes.

The only thing you can do to prepare is to observe the events going on around you and trying to see where they lead. Right now technology is getting smaller and more complicated. New discoveries are changing our concept of physics and the universe. The credibility of leaders is dissolving and the lack of need for them will lead to a new perception of society and creating a better world without the corruption of materialism. Energy and climate problems foreshadow a major event that will require some major changes in the near future.

All of these things will spiral towards the center point which is the 2012 date. As we get closer to the central point we will be able to see it more clearly and therefore prepare for it. Right now there is crisis after crisis and the result will be a need to adapt and evolve quickly, but there is no real way to prepare for a world changing evolution of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I will be doing the same thing on that day as I was doing during YK2. Living my life just like I do every other day. Do I think something major is gonna happen? No I don't. I would think that if they could predict the end of the world they could have done a lot more to continue their own existance.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well London is preparing for the Olympics the amount of money that was spent on the awful logo is a disaster. Aside from that.. im just gonna ride the next 5 years out and concentrate on getting the most out of my life.. hell i could die tomorrow.. i'm not going to worry about something that most likely won't happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jager_Bomb
I will be doing the same thing on that day as I was doing during YK2. Living my life just like I do every other day. Do I think something major is gonna happen? No I don't. I would think that if they could predict the end of the world they could have done a lot more to continue their own existance.

Y2K Was more about the big supposed computer crash, rather than about aliens going to pwn everybody.

The REAL ''omg computers will be pwnt'' bug will be at Y2K38, that is, if people didn't upgrade their pc's yet.

You can try it now, setting the year to 2038 on your pc, and running certain software or w/e.
In the past, Network based applications would fail when you did this, not sure if it has been fixed yet though.

[edit on 30/7/07 by -0mega-]

[edit on 30/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yeah, um ..you can prepare for life in general..but the end of the world? what exactly do you think the military will do for you if the world is ending, shoot it. If you want to survive life, become strong in mind and heart. Everything else is bs. Plus it is in my opinion that if the world was to "end" or restart or whatever the military would probably be responsible. They are the only ones with the capability to do so. Why help? If we get invaded sure go get the "bad guys"....but other wise your just going to be used to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies of the powers that be . That is a long list my friend, one which has many of your fellow country men as well as many innocent people on it. Is that the most productive thing you can do?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoidkid
Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

Nope, doing nothing just like I didn't for Y2K.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Sure, join the military. Take a tour of the middle east, get shot at every day.

We don't get shot at every day here. More often than not it is a road side bomb, or occasionally RPG fire, like today. The insurgents usually shoot at the Iraqi Army more than they do us, 9/10 times, because we shoot back, accurately.

How ever it seems "someone", is preparing for 2012;

StratPlan

[edit on 30-7-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
If you want to survive life, become strong in mind and heart.

The problem is that it's actually impossible to "survive life"!

What exactly is the point of getting all worried about an unknown event that could possibly happen, based on some sketchy info about an ancient calendar? I could be hit by a car when I leave the office tonight, I could be diagnosed with a deadly inoperable tumor next week, I could be fried by an alien energy ray on Jan 1, 2012, or I could live to be 110.

Sure, it makes sense to have some food and water stored for emergencies. Beyond that... meh.

I vote for: accept the absolute certainty of eventual death and then get on with life. Death will either be an big transition of some sort, which will be interesting, or complete oblivion... which I anticipate would be EXTREMELY restful.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by The Little Penguin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join