It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child in day care dies after being bound with tape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We all mourne the loss of this toddler and all other useless deaths of our children in day care. There is no excuse of one death, much less for the many we have lost over recent years.

Not only are we putting our babies into the hands of Murderers, Molesters, Perverts and the like, but we drop them off , into the arms of untrained idiots, that are incapable of caring and nurturing our young.

I know we live in a society where both parents work, or perhaps you are a single parent, and have no choice but to work, just to eat. But there are way to many of us who could opt to stay home and raise our children, and leave a legacy of well mannered, intellegent, productive, value based adults.

For those of us who can, lets give up the $45,000 SUV, (the gasoline alone would recoup the cost of the day care you put your child in.) We can find a multitude of costs that are extravagent which could be cut, especially if it is for the safety, and well being of our children.

MaMas stay home and care for your young.

My prayers are with the family of this precious little boy.

A tragic waste.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Picture of the Chiles:

Sicko

Picture of Joshua:

Lost angel

This is damn sad.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So, according to that article, the authorities knew of abuses but were slow to act.

Shame on them... But, it's a story we hear all too often

EDIT: She claims she only left him for a few minutes, but siffocation should take longer. It's at least a minute or two to unconsciousness. She claimed she did CPR, which should have worked if only left for 3 minutes. She cannot be telling the truth.

[edit on 20/5/07 by stumason]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow.

The case is much worse than I thought.

There was clearly a pattern of abuse that clearly indicated the child care worker's threat to the welfare of the children in her care.

One would hope that this would cause a massive reconsideration of licensure laws for child care centers, but, alas, it most certainly won't.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It may seem cold to have to use such measures, but at least a rubber room is designed to prevent injury, instead of inflicting death.

while i agree that this is a better way to take care of a whining child than using duck tape on any part of their body, it shocked me to learn that something like this exists.

a child's mind is so impressionable that putting them in asylum because they have a personality trait that someone can't handle is likely to cause trauma later on in life. Experiences make us who we are and as anyone who has been to jail would probably tell you - it's not a good thing for the mental.

i imagine these kids have nightmares about being trapped between four walls and i'm sure they will eventually experience claustrophobia.

as for the OP's submission of this tragedy, i thank you very much. i have a 7 month old son who has the best babysitter we could ask for. I was recently given the opportunity to advance with my company, but would have to relocate.

the would mean daycare for my little man.

i will respectfully decline.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

DHS officials cited a record of abuse and safety violations at the day care — the Vicki Chiles Child Care Home — and a felony arrest warrant filed against its operator the day before, in their attempt to close the operation Thursday. But neither police nor DHS workers arrived at the home until it was too late to save 2-year-old Joshua Minton.

As a parent I also have to question the decision of the parents to take their child to this daycare. A fleony arrest warrant was filed the day before on its operator. Were there no red flags

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
She should be sentenced to 60 years bound and mouth crazyglued shut, save for the strawhole she needs to eat and breath with...Being a father of 2 beautiful girls, I would definitely be on the rampage after something so negatively life-altering happened like that.
Losing faith in humanity one news byte at a time!!!
My prayers go out to this family for sure!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well Shar I gave you five stars rating just for the fact that you said you would kill this person who did this, as might I add, would I.

What in the hell is wrong with some people?!?! Putting tape on a childs mouth to scilence it? Perhaps we should put tape over the offenders entire face to scilence thier life.

That's what I think should happen anyway. Eye for an Eye I call on this one.

Stupid idiot person, hope she goes to jail for like 800 years.

~Anathema

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
o
m
f
g...

having a 2,5 year old daughter myself, i cannot start to imagine what hell his parents must be going through right now. I can only hope they will ever find some peace in their lives...

damn sad... i hope the "caretaker" gets what she deserves

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

DHS officials cited a record of abuse and safety violations at the day care — the Vicki Chiles Child Care Home — and a felony arrest warrant filed against its operator the day before, in their attempt to close the operation Thursday. But neither police nor DHS workers arrived at the home until it was too late to save 2-year-old Joshua Minton.

As a parent I also have to question the decision of the parents to take their child to this daycare. A fleony arrest warrant was filed the day before on its operator. Were there no red flags

Kleverone I totally agree but Im gonna take a stab at why they didnt pull their kids.

1.) No one was notified of the charges brought against the day care (parents).

2.) Most likely this person is very manipulative and likeable as are most people who end up being found guilty of these kind of things. My guess is she tricked the other parents into supporting her, denied the allegations and placed the blame onto a "rogue parent" just trying to ruin her business for blah blah blah. Unfortunatly a child had to die for the rest to find out that it was true.

I think 2.) is the most likely reason for these parents not pulling their kids, and it's pure speculation I might add.

~Anathema

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
awwww poor kid
im sorry to hear this aww the parents i feel bad for them what a reallllllllly sensless crime/way to die wow. that broad ..what a freakin dumb ass1!! ugh...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow, it makes you think twice about hiring someone else to raise your children. That's what well off couples do. Wait until their older and pay someone else to do the deed while they further their careers.

Raising children isn't a job like any other though. It requires the self sacrifice that unconditional love extends. A good nanny is a rare and magical gem, like Mary Poppins.

More often you get a shade of Cinderella, and the Ugly Duckling. Hiring on the fly for the formative years is handing over the future years to a pink ghetto wage.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Dock6,

Your words are comforting. I hope if I’m ever in a bad situation where my temper will take over that someone will be there to calm me down before I take out the revenge I know is in me for hurting my child.

Intrepid,

I gave you stars for the pictures and new information. I just didn’t have time to write then. However, thank you for putting them up.

As you can see she was an abusive person already. What the heck was she doing there? She had no business around kids at all!!!! I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!

GradyPhilpott,

One would hope that this would cause a massive reconsideration of licensure laws for child care centers, but, alas, it most certainly won't.

Your right it should. Something needs to be done.

Anathema777,

Thank you for the stars.

That's what I think should happen anyway. Eye for an Eye I call on this one.

Yes, I agree here. I just don’t see how I could of controlled myself. I would of killed her on the spot, I’m sure of it. However, Dock6 made some since to me as well. I wonder now would I be too shocked or I would go off. Honestly, I hope I go off and kill this worthless piece of crap that just took my child’s life. IMO they don’t have any reason to live another second!!!

Clearwater,

Wow, it makes you think twice about hiring someone else to raise your children.

I can honestly say I’m glad I’m a stay at home mother. Yeah, we did with only 1 car for the last 17 years and we watched our pennies but I wouldn’t change it for the whole world. I have enjoyed being home with my kids.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
When I hear stuff like this it makes sick. I will never leave my child with anyone except family because of s#it like this. I am so sad for the parents of this little one. Little one you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight as well as your parents.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I never saw a picture. I'm totally shocked and disgusted at this person. As a mother I would not be able to control my temper. I'm sure I would of killed her on the spot.

Hey Shar,

Forget the anger, think of the guilt later on those parents are going to have to live with, but yes I would be enraged too at first.

The safest place for someone like this would be in jail, well maybe not. I know for a fact that child abusers and child molesters don't do well in general population, because that is the only taboo amongst criminals, since many of them have children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join