It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child in day care dies after being bound with tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Child in day care dies after being bound with tape

www.cnn.com

TULSA, Oklahoma (AP) -- A day care worker was being held Saturday in the death of a 2-year-old boy whose hands were bound and his mouth covered with masking tape, police said. The boy, who had been on life support, died late Thursday...Chiles told police the boy would not be quiet for nap time, so she used tape to silence him, an arrest report states.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I cannot understand for the life of me what is wrong with people!!!

Why would she put tape over a 2 year olds mouth? She tied his hands and taped his mouth. I would kill her. OMG> She just killed this Baby!!!

You know if when don’t like kids then don’t go into childcare of any kind!!!! She’s a murderer!!!!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
That is very sad, I feel bad for the family.

I am interested to see why she actually thought that was a good idea, as well as see her
psychological history as well as history of any abuse or things like that.

Originally posted by Shar
She just killed this Baby!!!

Technically he was'nt a baby, he was a toddler, just pointing that out, not that it makes
it less worse or anything.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well to me a child that young is a baby. I guess it's the mother in me. I consider small children like that babies.

No matter she killed this toddler, baby, don't matter--she's a murderer!!!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's disgusting. Only people who love children should be allowed to look after them. Sadly this isn't always the case. If people lived in proper communities instead of giant "networks" these things would never happen.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
That is crazy..I feel so bad for that boy's family. I have a question though..shouldn't he have been able to breath through his nose? I guess he was scared and may have hyperventilated or something. Either way they were stupid and wrong to treat a 2yr old child that way.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
That is crazy..I feel so bad for that boy's family. I have a question though..shouldn't he have been able to breath through his nose? I guess he was scared and may have hyperventilated or something. Either way they were stupid and wrong to treat a 2yr old child that way.

Quite hard to breath through your nose when panicked/excited. Try breathing just through your nose after a quick run. A good exercise (we did this once to "experience" asthma) is to run around for 2 minutes then try to breath through a straw in your mouth. Impossible....

The kid could also have had a blocked nose. I know I find it hard to breath through my nose most of the time due to sinusitis.

Or maybe the tape obstructed the nostrils?

Either way, it was wrong and she should be punished, harshly.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Seldom do I recommend it, but the victim's family ought sue the "care" giver for everything they have, and then some. I'd make sure when they got what was left of their check, they knew there would be some serious consequence for actions.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
also he was 2 so chances are he had a runny/stuffy nose that also could have hindered his breathing. I mean if you are going to tape a child's mouth at least watch him like a hawk to make sure nothing happens (i do not advocate doing so )

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What a shame

What was this woman thinking? Bounding and gagging a two year old because he wouldn't be quiet? A disgusting act by a waste of space person.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
All this expressing of succinct relational feelings.

Does anyone think the Mother Instinct is gonna' kick in? If it does, this person that committed this act should request [laugh, laugh] protection.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It will be interesting to learn what sentence is imposed on this child-care worker (Chilles ?).

A young child's life taken, wasted.

A child dying in terror: suffocated.

A very young child who, in a sane world, would have been with at least one of his parents at that age.

A tiny child, suffocating, absolutely filled with terror and panic, dying alone and unaided, unable to understand what was happening to him and why --- taped and tossed to the side like inconvenient garbage.

The child care worker responsible should receive no less than a 30 year sentence, no parole, imo. Thirty years loss of liberty; 30 years in which to consider and repent and repay for a life taken with her own life. And that sentence should include hard labour.

Will the sentencing judge see it that way?

Or will he be swayed by filth lawyers who will attempt to persuade that the life of the child-care worker is worth MORE than the life of a child that cannot defend itself. The child is dead, they will claim. Regrettable your Honour and our client sincerely regrets her actions. She has learned from this experience. She will never do it again. Dozens of parents attest to her being an excellent child-care worker. It would be a loss to society, Your Honour, if this woman were to be removed from the children and occupation that are her life's work. Our client is sincerly sorry, Your Honour and wishes you to be mindful that prior to this incident, she had a perfect record. Also, Your Honour, our client was bullied and abused when herself a child --- and was over-worked, stressed, under medication and unwell when the regrettable incident took place.

Sentence: three years 8 months, reduced to 18 months, with the accused to undergo counselling and to be supervised upon her return to 'caring for' others children.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Tragic.

Hope she gets everything coming to her and more.

And any care agency involved should be fully investigated too.

The parents of that toddler must be going through hell.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like the post of sanity. There are better ways to impose silence than tape. Especially knowing the child must have resisted, violently.

When the noises stopped, she should have realized that the lesson was learned. And administered CPR, as is required for licensed caregivers. Or dial, 911. Or seek outside aid.

I'd be curious if she phoned a phony report. That would surely amount in the sentencing phase.

I'd like to see a picture too. Any handy, or need I search?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered

I'd like to see a picture too. Any handy, or need I search?

I never saw a picture. I'm totally shocked and disgusted at this person. As a mother I would not be able to control my temper. I'm sure I would of killed her on the spot.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I imagine what saves these people is that grief and disbelief, shock both emotional and physical on the part of the victim's family .... are initially stronger than fury.

The perpetrator is taken into custody soon after the offence.

The victim's family/loved ones are surrounded by facts, legal requirements, funeral and other arrangements ... and by comforting friends and family.

The funeral takes place. The shock begins to wear off. The deep grieving commences. And the victim's family-members each retreat into themselves.

When they 'recover', they're changed. They know that no revenge will bring back the loved-one they lost.

Often, they have other children or people who rely on them to be strong. They know they can't afford to exact revenge personally for they would be hurting others in the process.

After that, it's often academic and they watch dully as the Law grinds through its often flawed process.

But I know what you mean, Shar.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This makes me sick. How does someone with absolutely zero parenting skills and even less common sence even get to be a child carer.

Death is to good for people like this. But cheaper than prison, and I don't want to pay for this idiot to live.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought schools had stun guns for this purpose.

Just kidding.

One has to wonder what on earth people like this are thinking.

I was reading recently that some parents were upset that their child care facility had a rubber room that was used when kids were out of control.

All Faith's Receiving Home in Albuquerque had one of those some years back and probably still does.

It may seem cold to have to use such measures, but at least a rubber room is designed to prevent injury, instead of inflicting death.

This is a real tragedy for all involved. I doubt that the person who taped the child's mouth shut intended to kill the child, so the child care worker not only is facing first-degree murder charges, but is also likely in terrible torment over the death of the child.

As for lawsuits, I'm sure one is already in the works.

I know that child care is a modern "necessity," but their proliferation has not been good for the culture, in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The truth is, parenting experience and common sense were not the most important things lacking.

What was lacking --- so sadly and tragically lacking -- was empathy.

The carer did not trouble to 'put herself in the place of ' that poor little child.

If the carer had stopped for a moment and imagined how it would feel to ANYone -- let alone a baby -- to be bound, to have the mouth taped closed ... then she COULD not have inflicted that condition on that child.

Even AFTER she'd taped the child, if she'd stopped for just a second and put herself in the child's place ........ then she would have immediately dashed across the room and removed the tape.

If she'd done that --- if she'd 'grown' to the extent she had recognised a dangerous element within herself (as a result of her actions) ... then she would have been a much, much better child-carer ever after. Because she would have stepped *outside herSELF* and viewed her actions, her intentions from a new perspective.

Even if -- until that moment -- she'd considered herself to be a 'good' child-carer, she would have learned this was not really the case. From that point on, she would have looked back over her life and also *inside* herself. And she would not have liked what she found.

It may have resulted in her deciding to take time out or to reconsider her career options. At very least it would have made her aware that she had issues which urgently needed resolution. And she would afterwards have known to watch herself like a hawk, to prevent herself from inflicting pain, danger and anxiety upon the very vulnerable little people in her care.

Unfortunately, the carer didn't stop. Didn't put herself in the place of that child. Instead, she vented her own childish rage, impatience, frustration -- on a little child with absolutely no defences against the carer's much larger and stronger physical size.

NOW, people realise the carer was unfit for her job, was unfit to be around children.

The carer lacked empathy. The child paid the price for that.

A lot of people are in professions for which they are absolutely unsuitable, but which yet draw them like flies to honey. So many volunteer firemen for example, are closet pyromaniacs. We usually only find out after it's too late.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
crap like this really pisses me off. if i was a parent and got a call that my child was on life support necause some dumb ass taped his mouth closed
i would go threw the police station full of cops to strangle that women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join