It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor fraud or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I found the major flaw.

If he sat down on his little box, hit the switch, and jumped back 36 years, he wouldn't be sitting on earth any more.

Time would start going back, he would be stationary, because if time isn't moving normally then nothing like gravity would be holding him to the earth, and if he basically just stepped through the kerr hole, he'd come out in a place where earth wasn't.

He couldn't even just travel exactly a year, because the sun is moving through space too.

So unless he somehow can fly on that box, or they managed to make something that 'homed him in' on the earth before he stepped out, he'd have come back for a long sit in space.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
viendin, he explained an answer to that flaw I believe...still I think the whole thing is a lie.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
I found the major flaw.

If he sat down on his little box, hit the switch, and jumped back 36 years, he wouldn't be sitting on earth any more.

Time would start going back, he would be stationary, because if time isn't moving normally then nothing like gravity would be holding him to the earth, and if he basically just stepped through the kerr hole, he'd come out in a place where earth wasn't.

He couldn't even just travel exactly a year, because the sun is moving through space too.

So unless he somehow can fly on that box, or they managed to make something that 'homed him in' on the earth before he stepped out, he'd have come back for a long sit in space.

Actually I think he explained that.
Not that I remember correctly but it has something to do with gravity detectors or something..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
well he did talk about a VGL system that measured the something or other in the area surrounding the time machine and somehow kept it in the same spot, and in the case that there was an structure (i.e. building, box, person) there, it would allow the machine to move, or rather, allow the world to move while the machine stayed stationary just until it was no longer going to "land" on that structure.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ah. Wonderful, I've only read through about 90% of johntitor.com, and then found the forums, so I've got some more work to do..

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
could the iran eathquake be the 100k he was referring to in one of his predictions? Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
Here is a good link that in my mind proves John Titor was a hoax let me know what you think.

www.livejournal.com...

Thanks I already made out some that were on this page. At least it validates some of the things I found. So I wil not repeat them but for the ones I have found I will post.

For one he came all the way back through time to pick up a 5100 because of the code which he wasn't sure of but had something to do with The clocks calendar unable to go beyond 2037. Well they didn't have 64 bit processors then when he first started his post. It was common amoung some Linux, UNIX and BSDFree user of this problem cause it could be used as a back door into your system.

All date/time data are represented using the standard Unix convention; a 32-bit signed integer containing the number of non-leap seconds since January 1, 1970, UTC. This allows accurate processing of dates in the range 1970-2038. It is widely recognized that most 32-bit Unix systems currently include limitations that prevent the accurate representation of dates beyond the year 2038. Most 64-bit Unix systems will not have a date problem for several hundred million years. We believe that 64 bit or larger Unix systems will be the standard long before 2038.

If you can come all the way back to the past why not go to school here as a IT and Software Engineer and go back. Instead of trying to obtain a 5100? When you can learn to assimulate and compile your own code. BUT this is a flaw that can't be necessarily fixed without causing the kernel to become unstable with all of the new code. When it would be easier to by a few Asus K8V motherboards and 64 bit CPU's. He said they still had currency back then. You can't tell me he works for the goverment then and they can't find a wad of cash with 2000 prior on it?

Weak in context but think about it.

Just the way I see it.

That is one of the flaws I found in his claim. Was currency. He said we could still use Our currency paper money. If the United States no longer exist how can we use the same currency. Beside the Federal Reserve is like on the TOP 5 of US targets for Nuclear War. With out the bullion of gold to back it the paper currency isn't worth the paper. Just as in the Civil war or North and South Confederate currency was useless.

Also that this has came to light, If civil dissarray come to pass. Wouldn't you think the CIA, NSA and other intelligent agencies look into John Titor in attempt to try to stop this from actually happening. If a civil war was to happen having somewhat of the knowledge that who will strike first be enough of a crystal ball answer to divert war?

John says he would never reveal any information about certain future events of cataclysmical purportions. Didn't he just do that by pretty much giving us a blow by blow scenerio? The years alone are enough. With as big as this John Titor thing got you can't tell me we can't change the future. I could understand if only 1 or 2 people knew and fled into the streets screaming the END is near would not get any attention. MAybe a trip to the Laughing Academy say hello to my LiL freind Mr. Voltage, shocking isn't it.

So if anything this is what is led me to believe a hoax.

But just my Opinion I was sucked in at first till I started picking apart his story.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
im not really sure why anyone else hasnt seemed to notice except me as far as i know, but on one of his forum replies he mentions that income tax no longer exists and then on another reply he states that yes they pay taxes just like we do now, though a small point i think saying two opposite things is more than enuf to prove the hoax, i mean who among is can be unsure whether or not taxes exist? its absolute folly, a very good hoax indeed and he seems like he has the ability to be a very productive person, just a pity he focuses all his efforts on fooling people, also other things, mad cow disease, you might not have known much about it over in the US at the time but here in the UK we were hearing alot about mad cow disease and the close future problems it will cause before this john guy even showed on the scene, and not to mention at the time all of this information was freely avaliable to him on the net, it is just a natural consiquence that some people are going believe what they read, hear and even see if they really want it to be true - look up every wacky story on the net and try to find one that at least one person doesnt believe - you wont, these people are always believed by someone or other hoping that their life maybe a bit more untangable than it seems, maybe if believed in themselves a bit more and realise how fantastic a thing being alive is they wouldnt be looking for that x factor to turn their life into their favorite sci story....just a thought

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i'm positive its already been said, but titor = i trot. trot is like a harlekin or a joker.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavind5uk
im not really sure why anyone else hasnt seemed to notice except me as far as i know, but on one of his forum replies he mentions that income tax no longer exists and then on another reply he states that yes they pay taxes just like we do now, though a small point i think saying two opposite things is more than enuf to prove the hoax, i mean who among is can be unsure whether or not taxes exist? its absolute folly, a very good hoax indeed and he seems like he has the ability to be a very productive person, just a pity he focuses all his efforts on fooling people, also other things, mad cow disease, you might not have known much about it over in the US at the time but here in the UK we were hearing alot about mad cow disease and the close future problems it will cause before this john guy even showed on the scene, and not to mention at the time all of this information was freely avaliable to him on the net, it is just a natural consiquence that some people are going believe what they read, hear and even see if they really want it to be true - look up every wacky story on the net and try to find one that at least one person doesnt believe - you wont, these people are always believed by someone or other hoping that their life maybe a bit more untangable than it seems, maybe if believed in themselves a bit more and realise how fantastic a thing being alive is they wouldnt be looking for that x factor to turn their life into their favorite sci story....just a thought

He says that they no longer pay income taxes, he is talking about it not being taxes that just go straight through to the government, it is, as he specifically says, a less centralised system. The US in his 'world' is split into 5 parts, each into smaller parts, each into a number of towns/communities. It is likely that while he wouldn't pay income tax that would go to a centralised government and benefit a small community across the country, he would still pay taxes to his local branch of government that would redistribute such wealth in his more local community.

While I wouldn't just side with either the believers or the skeptics, omissions and so-called immediate proofs such as yours are nearly all there are on the subject. I'll remain cautious but ready, and if America goes to war with itself, I'll know what to do, if it doesn't, it isn't like I've spent money on it, I'll be glad to know that nukes won't drop in 2015.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The guy is not a time traveler. DUH! At this point, who cares? Why are some of you snickering at others who see the writing on the wall? It's not nice, and I'm sure you believe in something on here that others think is ridiculous. Titor-whoever that individual is-either was great at predictions by looking at trends, or actually has some sort of psychic ability. I'm thinking the former. I've been studying him for a bit now, and he's been pretty much on the money. I never thought he was a time traveler. I always thought he could be right. Patriot Acts 1 & 2 convinced me he was on the right track. Mad cow was a good guess, but anyone shooting straight in the beef industry could have told you that one 5 years ago. That has been going on a long time, whether we want to think about it or not.
I say, keep an eye out on Titor's predicitons. You never know-the guy could be an insider who knew the "big plan" even before 9-11. Stranger things have happened. Nothing is a coincodence, in my opinion. Not on this grand a scale. I'm still somewhat skeptical, but if we start seeing "Waco-type" events near the end of this year and the beginning of next year-I'm going to start on my bug-out pack.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
For a very thorough analysis of JT, check out the many threads here:

www.anomalies.net...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Or try Springer's site Mysticfish.net which is home to the John Titor Project. Lots of great info.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Somebody asked before if JT made any predictions that have proven to be untrue. Well, I haven't re-read the info but I clearly remember him saying that the next president would be an Abraham Lincoln type which tried to unite the people but failed. Well, did he mean the last election? Abraham Lincoln type sounds very John Kerry to me (at least in looks, rather than actions). (Why didn't he just say the name of the President instead of talking in hushed-like tones or riddles???)
Will John Kerry be running for the 2008 election? I don't think so, although you never know. When a candidate loses I don't recall that person ever running again, do you?
Maybe there will be an Abraham Lincoln type president in 2008, not in looks, but actions????
So this isn't a total disproof, but still it makes this prediction less likely than the pre-2004 elections.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrink*E*Dink
The guy is not a time traveler. DUH! At this point, who cares? Why are some of you snickering at others who see the writing on the wall? It's not nice, and I'm sure you believe in something on here that others think is ridiculous. Titor-whoever that individual is-either was great at predictions by looking at trends, or actually has some sort of psychic ability. I'm thinking the former. I've been studying him for a bit now, and he's been pretty much on the money. I never thought he was a time traveler. I always thought he could be right. Patriot Acts 1 & 2 convinced me he was on the right track. Mad cow was a good guess, but anyone shooting straight in the beef industry could have told you that one 5 years ago. That has been going on a long time, whether we want to think about it or not.
I say, keep an eye out on Titor's predicitons. You never know-the guy could be an insider who knew the "big plan" even before 9-11. Stranger things have happened. Nothing is a coincodence, in my opinion. Not on this grand a scale. I'm still somewhat skeptical, but if we start seeing "Waco-type" events near the end of this year and the beginning of next year-I'm going to start on my bug-out pack.

But, honestly. Who wants to do all that work going into current events, and beef companies just to start an Internet hoax? I think he is genuine.

-Chris

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If John Titor was born in 1989, and came here from his year 2036 in a time machine, then he would have been on Earth as a 2 year old, as well as, a 38 year old man in the year 2000.

That would not even fly in a good Hollywood movie.

John Titor's idea of a humble post-war America is interesting, and I believe we should ALL always be prepared for a disaster of any type.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
he predicted this when? in 2000/2001? What about the tsunami which killed more than 100,000 people, just some thing to think about.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Total fruad. I knew it after reading his website for an hour. He said he was born in what, 1998 and the war started in 2004? Then he was in combat, and there was no internet. Then he ended up living in a farm community where people who werent productive were driven off. He should have contacted some hollywood producers, that would have been a good movie, but its all fiction.

And Ive come to this conclusion from seeing that he was extremely knowledgeable about details the average person today doesnt know, about events such as Waco.

He knew the pictures taken from infared cameras mounted on planes showed feds firing into the building (for arguments sake, lets all assume thats what they showed, which they very well might have). How would a 5 year old know that? Or did he search for it on the nonexistant internet while fighting in Alabama with his trusty shotgun?

I havent read that website in a year or two, but I remember thats one of the major things that made me believe he was a fake.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyson50
he predicted this when? in 2000/2001? What about the tsunami which killed more than 100,000 people, just some thing to think about.

Exactly. That's what I thought of the second I saw the '100K overnight' thing posted above. I went to the John Titor site, but it's a difficult site for me to get through...I'd like to read more about that 100k statement in detail. I'll have to dig around some and find it, 'cause that's a truly creepy prediction.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If John Titor was born in 1989, and came here from his year 2036 in a time machine, then he would have been on Earth as a 2 year old, as well as, a 38 year old man in the year 2000.

-- That's a sad typo. He said 1998, meaning he was 2 years old in 2000, and 38 in 2036.

He knew the pictures taken from infared cameras mounted on planes showed feds firing into the building (for arguments sake, lets all assume thats what they showed, which they very well might have). How would a 5 year old know that? Or did he search for it on the nonexistant internet while fighting in Alabama with his trusty shotgun?

--How about when he was doing research on the time periods he was travelling to. How about when his mom and dad who would've been far-left liberal folk were telling him why they were fighting this war. How about in the year and a half he was here and hearing all about Waco. I think that any of those three would be more than enough for him to talk about an event that happened before he was here. Wouldn't it?

But, honestly. Who wants to do all that work going into current events, and beef companies just to start an Internet hoax? I think he is genuine.

--This is what's kept me on this case so long.

He's gotta know something. Something is important here. If he's a fraud, then he must have spent a tremendous amount of money, time, and effort, to pull off a hoax on an internet conspiracy site. Woo. $3500+, 100+ man-hours of research, a year of his life on message boards and chats, and a huge crapload of co-ordination and effort to pull his story to be as water-tight as possible.

That much, to pull a prank on a collection of wackjobs, nutzos, crazies, adolescents, and a few smart folks who just want to know what's out there?

Why would he do all of it?

And then, for a lot of it to spring true predictions, like the recent 100k dead, the mad cow, the Patriot Act before 9/11, the Iraq War w/o WMD's before 9/11 - For him to just guess and get all of that shows that he's got SOMETHING down, here.

Then look at Russia. They're working hard on getting a new nuclear program. It's something we hear about every once in a while, one of the things they stress quite heavily. They're severing ties with America. They're consolidating power. They're re-communising. Their proposed finish date and start of operations for their new nuclear missile system?

And the US's defenses are in a shambles, while the president makes half of America angry and scared, and the other half angrily content and scared.

The stage is set, the pieces are moving. Was Titor a Traveller or a Timefraud? Doesn't matter. He knew something, or guessed awful well. And I'd stake things on his luck continuing at the least.

EDIT: heh, I just looked over the page - You can see me opposing Titor, saying no one knows, and now defending him. I could feel quite ashamed, or quite proud one day..

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Viendin]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join