It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is tired of this hollow earth nonsense?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I ask how can anyone think that the Earth is hollow?
Simple science tells us that in order for something to have gravity it must have mass. If the Earth was hollow it would be lacking some serious mass and therefore it would not produce gravity to the extent it is now and the moon would not orbit around it. Also, the composition of the Earth has scientifically been proven.

If the Earth was hollow than how would we explain certain phenomenon such as Volcanoes both surface and underwater, Ocean floor spreading (sediments from the Earth's interior that surface at the ocean floor causing the continents to drift farther apart), and Earthquakes.

A quick reading from this site
pubs.usgs.gov...
should enlighten those who believe we have a 'hollow' Earth.

Or wait...maybe raw science could be wrong, maybe the principles taught over centuries ranging from high schools to ivy league colleges are just a fabrication made by the NWO or the Reptillians or some other entity that covertly controls Earth and are designed to cover up the truth...that the Earth is hollow!...not

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thats some interesting stuff! I always thought of the Earth as being hollow because that's what I've been taught. If the Earth was hollow it would consist of what? Lava etc... molten lava. But if it was solid what would it be? Dirt? Meh... just wondering what you think.

-the final theory-

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
No the composition of Earth's interior has already been determined, im addressing those out there that believe its actually hollow with no matter inside it and that its possible for aliens to live down there. Ive also heard someone say that theres a sun inside our Earth as well as another civilization.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" - Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there is very little that we KNOW about how this universe works. The popular, and most logical, THEORIES are what is taught. They could be wrong.

My question to you is, why is it nonsense? At one point in time people believed the Earth was flat - and that was a FACT taught to everyone. Wrong. Did you know that the sun no longer revolves around the Earth, as was once a commonly held idea.

In science, every theory deserves to be held up to the light and proven true or false. That is how we learn. As far as I know, no one has yet been to the center of the Earth to KNOW what is down there - please correct me if I'm wrong. In the meantime, its POSSIBLE that the Earth is hollow. Current scientific theory makes in not very PROBABLE, but maybe....

BTW -
So what if there are people that think the Earth is hollow? How does it harm anything or anyone for them to think this and even try to PROVE it?

With all the crazy conspiracy theories being flung around, I'd say this one is the least of our worries. There's a couple of threads right now bashing sex offender registration laws. That's nonsense.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
IMO Hollow Earth, Reptillians, Moon Bases etc etc are the reason UFOlogy has such a stigma attatched to it these days. There is a difference between questioning the official story and making up fanciful ideas.

DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i dont see it as nonsence if scientists knew everything they would be gods, like mr one sed above lots of known facts have been proven wrong, know one has gone inside the earth yet asnd traveled to its core so we can only guess at whats inside. I think the sun inside the earth is a bit of a wild theory but ya neva know.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi ,

at earth hypothesis and geo-centricism :

Ancient mariners always suspected that the earth was infact round

The fact that the visible horizon recedes as your altitude increases is a big clue – if the earth was infact flat – the horizon should advance with viewer altitude [ see Pythagoras – the hypotenuse is the longest side if a right angle triangle ]

The way a ship appears over the horizon [ mast tip first ] clinches it

It was religious dogma , not science which clung to flat earthism

As for go-centricism

Again – this arose from religious dogma , Once the Ephemerides Could be accurately recorded and orbits calculated – It instantly became obvious that only helio centric model of the solar system could be true

There are many thinks about the solar system that we remain ignorant of – but none of these will overturn heliocentric models

Now onto the earth , and claims that it is hollow :

Geophysics , geology – and their sub disciplines [ seismology , Vulcan logy etc etc ] are all in agreement

Despite the claims of hollow earth proponents – there is no chance that their pet theory , can be true

There is little ignorance about the composition of the earth – we have used radar , sonar , explosive shockwaves , etc etc to measure and analyse the

We have sufficient data which all dove tails – to be confident that or model is correct

An analogy would be claiming that levosier and modern chemistry is wrong – and “ phlogiston theory “ is actually correct – not the accepted gas model we use

Or that the ancient Greek medical theory of “ humors “ is infact correct – and abandoning modern medicine

Once you are abandoning one branch of science , where do you stop ?

The current mainstream theory of the earths composition is a composite of multiple disciplines – and they ALL agree

As has been pointed out by other posters , such issues as :

The correlation between mass and gravity

The existence and behavior of volcanoes

Subduction and plate tectonics

The behavior and properties of the earths magnetic field

Etc etc

All are mutually supportive of the model of the earth we currently use

And no “ paradigm shift “ or discover is going to change this

So my advice to “ hollow earthers “ :

Get over it – and stop wasting your time on such sillyness

There are lots of genuine scientific anomalies that you could devote your attention too

Why are you stuck in a rut ?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One

My question to you is, why is it nonsense? At one point in time people believed the Earth was flat - and that was a FACT taught to everyone. Wrong. Did you know that the sun no longer revolves around the Earth, as was once a commonly held idea.

I dont think its right to make an analogy with these ideas to the Earth being hollow. When people thought that the Earth was flat it was due to a lack of scientific evidence and overall knowledge that led to much criticism. The difference with that and the whole Earth being hollow theory is that we have already ascertained overwhelming scientific evidence, have had scientists dedicate their lives to the subject and have had the scientific community in consensus as to the Earth's composition. Back then theories with little evidence were conveyed as fact, whereas nowadays theories require an abundance of evidence and concepts to be accepted. What we classify as 'fact' have soo much evidence as to leave no doubt that they are true.
We also have a completely different type of societal insitution in place as to the time when everyone thought the Earth was flat. Back then, if you spoke out against the Church and its teachings you were put in prison and therefore there was a lack of evidence for the counter argument. However, in our day and age scientists can freely conduct research on their own and there has yet to still be any real evidence to suggest that the Earth is hollow and on the other hand volumes of evidence and scientific concept, research and documentation to suggest the Earth is made up of layers with specific temperature variations and composition in each.

I do agree we have much to learn and explore and that we definantly do not know everything, but there are also things that we do understand.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Think About IT]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Moon is hollow as well, I have heard all planets are hollow

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the moon is not hollow - nor are other planets

the only thing that is hollow are the heads of idiots who insist planets are hollow

feel free to feel insulted

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The earth does not have to be hollow for things to live down there, I mean there could be HUGE caves down there but it would still be a very small part of the earth meaning it doesnt have to be fully hollow for things to live there, not saying there are things there, remember the earth is HUGE.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
well the hollow earth thing is so rediculous it doesnt even bother me but heres a list of things that do

roswell
bob lazar
billy mier
the tether incident plus other nasa footage of ice/debris
moon bases
dulce base fight lol

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Another piece of evidence pointing towards the theory that all heavenly bodies are hollow is that, as you would expect with a hollow sphere, both the Earth and our moon are known to "ring like a bell" when hit with a shock wave.

In "Moongate: Suppressed findings of The US Space Program" (1982), Nuclear Engineer and researcher/writer William L. Brian II presents evidence proving that the moon, as any hollow sphere would, "rings" when hit by asteroids or heavy space junk. And that's not all. According to Dr. Brian, "the evidence provided by Apollo seismic experiments also points to the conclusion that the moon is hollow and relatively rigid." (1)
He also reports:
www.onelight.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed large cut/paste and added link for external material

[edit on 5/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
the reason the moon "rings" is becuase of low gravity. When meteors hit the surface the moon rings for over an hour. Nothing to do with being hollow.

The instruments placed on the moon during apollo missions included a seismometer. They have also detected moon quakes thought to be caused by tidal forces from the sun & earth

you can read about it on the nasa website

[edit on 5-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Really! by whom? What are your sources? Links?

Who actually determined what the earth interior composition is? Did they take a trip there? or is it just a theory?

You know there was a time when people had not sailed the oceans and they also believed that the world was flat and that the earth revolved around the sun.

Evidence I found supporting solid core, but again no one has ventured there.

www.seismo.unr.edu...

Originally posted by Think About IT
No the composition of Earth's interior has already been determined, im addressing those out there that believe its actually hollow with no matter inside it and that its possible for aliens to live down there. Ive also heard someone say that theres a sun inside our Earth as well as another civilization.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Think About IT
I ask how can anyone think that the Earth is hollow?
Simple science tells us that in order for something to have gravity it must have mass.

Yes, the Earth is MASSIVE!

Yes, my friend, simple science...a planet must be hollow based on the "spinning and cooling" effect upon ejection from a Sun.

And, I think Admiral Byrd, first man to reach the South Pole, might have just a little something to say about whether or not the Earth is hollow...

The Land beyond the Poles

Hes been there, hes seen it, I think he is better qualified to judge these things than you or I.

I mean, there is even photographic evidence...

This is an actual photograph from a satellite orbiting the Earth...WHATS THE LARGE HOLE THERE? Oh it must be a fake then! Come on!

If you still doubt, still, after all the people who have talked about it, maybe this will tickle your fancy...

www.burlingtonnews.net...

[edit on 5-2-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Light worker this is interesting information and a photo to boot.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yo! Sick of it right here. If I hear one more stupid theory about the earth being hollow with giant holes near the poles and an inner sun Im going to start banging my head against a wall or something.

Hollow...never. Cavernous like Carlsbad maybe, but not hollow thats just stupid and if you believe its thuroughly hollow than you're incapable of rational though or reason.

Oh yeah and as for cold blooded reptiles living in giant caverns under the planet. Phoooie. They're cold blooded. They would have died off before they could develop technology to the point to survive in zero light, and no heat. Unless the caves go sooooo deep that they can stay warm from earths inner mantel. Oh wait the mantel doesn't exist cause the earths hollow so no heat. What are trenches in the ocean. Techtonic subduction zones? Naaw, they were formed by giant space death rays during a galactic firefight in low orbit between dueling space armadas.

Oh wait I forgot. They were really technically advanced, before the existance of man, they hate man, but they let us proliferate to the point where we took everything over, have no history of interaction with giant reptilians, and are ruining everything while they have decided to retreat to the under ground. Yeah right. Makes lotsa sense.

If you believe in the hollow earth in its literality than you are a = DeeDee Dee!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
I mean, there is even photographic evidence...

This is an actual photograph from a satellite orbiting the Earth...WHATS THE LARGE HOLE THERE? Oh it must be a fake then! Come on!

Am I missing the joke?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join