It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear- Is this you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Very interesting thread.

I had a relative that was a Lockheed U-2 test pilot and later affiliated with the Christians In Action (Flight Systems Consultant) who spoke at length of seeing the crafts at Area 51 sometime after Roswell.

He felt the government should reveal it's info for quite a few years of his retirement until he passed away. He was an interesting guy.

Anyhow, I found this an interesting read. Thanks.

Thanks Zedd. Yes, those guys that were there in the early days got to see more of the disks than guys that have been there since the late 60's and 70's. Thats why you see so many posts by guys saying they have talked to guys that have been there and THEY didn't see any disks.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Lear, Inc. developed the autopilot for the U-2. and the L-102B autopilot for the Sud Aviation Caravelle (first fully automatic landings) which was the predecessor for the L102C the main automatic flight control system for he Lockheed L-1011. Lear, Inc was always on the forefront in techonology development. When my father wanted to develope the Lear Jet, the board said no. He sold all of his stock to Siegler (which is now known as Lear Siegler today) and took that money and started the Lear Jet Corporation which developed, built and sold the Lear Jet. That company was sold to Gates Rubber in 1967.

Are you saying that the autopilots were the direct results of released alien tech?

If so which parts of the system were directly related to the alein tech?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

Are you saying that the autopilots were the direct results of released alien tech?

If so which parts of the system were directly related to the alein tech?

No, I don't think autopilots had anything to do with alien tech. I was giving background on my father.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
John, Howdy, I've been a member here for almost a year...have enjoyed very much reading your threads and replies to others, fascinating stories/annecdotes and the sort of stuff that keep my eyes glued to the nite sky here in NZ almost on a nitely basis (originally from DFW though).

After reading all your posts, and others as well...I can only form one question for you...everything else gets lost in the grey scales of science, govt. and just life.

Do you believe that we are really heading towards some type of and I hate the overuse of this word and the games people play with it...DISCLOSURE (arrrghhhh)...or are we forever destined to wonder in ignorance.

I know this is one of those questions asked by kids to their parents (apologies), after raising 8 kids I know an unanswerable question when I hear one....but ya just wonder where all this is going...

I remember being a 6yr old laying in bed listening to the news account of Apollo 11 landing...and just having that kid AWE and the wonderment...37 yrs later...we are no closer it seems...

I constantly tell my children, we live in a wonderful age...you and your children will see such wonders...

I hope I am right!

thank in advance John, you inspire that boy in alot of us....

Mods---apologies this should probably be in the "Questions for John Lear" thread...feel free to move, thanks

[edit on 1-2-2007 by deadbang]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
Do you believe that we are really heading towards some type of and I hate the overuse of this word and the games people play with it...DISCLOSURE (arrrghhhh)...or are we forever destined to wonder in ignorance.

Disclosure will happen on a personal level. It will not happen on CNN.

I constantly tell my children, we live in a wonderful age...you and your children will see such wonders...I hope I am right!

Of course you are. But it will not be on the 5 o'clock news.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry to pick such a minute detail out of your story and question you about it, I'm sure it doesn't matter really, just that it is part I identify with and it bugs me quite a bit, I won't feel better until I ask.

He said he wanted to know 2 things. Where was the 9mm and why there were 5 people in the car now and only 4 people when the Waks stopped us.

The Sheriff wouldn't have asked you where the 9mm was, he would have asked where the GUN was. It would have been impossible to accurately decide what caliber the pistol was from as little as 5 feet away, let alone down the road with a telescope. I know this is kinda a petty thing to pick out of your story, but like I said, its going to bother me until I ask.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Sorry to pick such a minute detail out of your story and question you about it, I'm sure it doesn't matter really, just that it is part I identify with and it bugs me quite a bit, I won't feel better until I ask.

He said he wanted to know 2 things. Where was the 9mm and why there were 5 people in the car now and only 4 people when the Waks stopped us.

The Sheriff wouldn't have asked you where the 9mm was, he would have asked where the GUN was. It would have been impossible to accurately decide what caliber the pistol was from as little as 5 feet away, let alone down the road with a telescope. I know this is kinda a petty thing to pick out of your story, but like I said, its going to bother me until I ask.

I think I didn't explain very carefully that the sheriff was in 2-way radi0 contact with the Waks at this time. The Waks had recorded everything we said before and after Bob came out of the desert. Bob never refered to his 9mm as a 'gun'. He always called it his '9 mm'. The Waks weren't asking the Sheriff to look for a "gun". The Waks wanted the "9mm".

Also you mentioned "down the road with a telescope". Are you talking about the Waks? I was the one that had the telescope not the Waks. The Waks were recording with video equipment and a parabolic microphone and no, they would never have known what caliber the gun was with the equipment they had. They knew what caliber it was because Bob told them (unwittingly, of course).

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thank you, I know its weird to pick such a small detail out and question it, but having been asked by authorities more than once "Where is the gun?" This was something that nagged at me.

As for the telescopes, I was reffiring to telescopic lenses on the cameras I imagined that they were recording you with. I made an assumption about how they were recording you since the details of what they used were not there. thank you for clearing this up for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Thank you, I know its weird to pick such a small detail out and question it, but having been asked by authorities more than once "Where is the gun?" This was something that nagged at me.

I tried to shorten the story so as not to drag it out, so there is a lot I left out. For instance when the Waks left down the road, they didn't go more than a few hundred feet, then parked, got out their camera equipment and walked back to within 100 feet of where we were. The reason we coldn't see them was that the trunk lid was up and the trunk light was bright causing us not to be able to see very far into the black of the desert night.

And here is the kicker. At one point after Bob came back out of the desert the Waks dropped a green light stick and it rolled for a few feet and one of them picked it up. Not one of us walked over to see what it was or we would have seen the Waks and their video equipment. I have always wondered why none of the 5 of us did that.

The other weird thing was that as we were driving back to Vegas Bob cooked up a story that if he got called in on the escapade he was going to say that he never told us anything and that he really didn't want to go in the first place and that we all just talked him into going.

When Mariana took Bob to Indian Springs the next day for the debrief the first thing out of their mouths was "You can forget about the story that you didn't want to go." And we only discussed that story coming back in the car.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That is his evil clone "linus Lear". We all make our Digital selves at least somewhat better looking than we really are. If we can why shouldn't we

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hello john, i was wondering about the name gates which you mantioned....
is there some connection to the ppresent CIA head or to bill gates?microsft fame?
Seems this name has some powerfull connotations...any links?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
why is the video no longer available?

Bit strange isnt it?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
very interesting read john, as always!!!!

Im totally fascinated by the topics you post on and it is an honour to be able to have contact, allbeit by forums, with yourself. I look forward to many interesting future posts.

One question do you still actually go out and try and get a peak at places like area 51 or are you past all that now and just enjoy inputting what you have learnt over the years, to amatuers like myself?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
Hello john, i was wondering about the name gates which you mantioned....
is there some connection to the ppresent CIA head or to bill gates?microsft fame?
Seems this name has some powerfull connotations...any links?

The Gates that purchased the Lear Jet Coporation from my Dad was Charles Gates, president and heir to the Gates Rubber fortune. I don't know of any connection to Robert or Bill.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo1981
One question do you still actually go out and try and get a peak at places like area 51 or are you past all that now and just enjoy inputting what you have learnt over the years, to amatuers like myself?

Thanks for the post evo1981, yes I am past exploring. There are still lots of places much more secret than Area51 to explore, many in Nevada and most right out in the open where the adventurous would be violating no public laws. In other words, things are now hidden in 'plain site'.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
CALL IT IGNORANCE

WHAT is that Patch in your avatar? Tell me more.

JOHN LEAR
Sorry, bout that... THAT is a crazy unit... whatever it is... I couldn't resist disregarding protocol for a sec there, John, hope you'll forgive...

Say... I've got a pic from one of the Apollo missions. The imagery I have has been taken from analog to the internet to my CPU. I don't know that you've really "seen" this one...

Do you have an organizational or personal email I could send it to?

Thanks

r/s
Southpaw

[edit on 25/202/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

John Lear, retired airline captain and former CIA pilot (1966-1983), has flown over 100 different types of aircraft in 60 different countries around the world with over 19,000 hours of flight time.

www.thebayareaufoexpo.com...

I always though you were in the Air Force at one time. Were you really in the CIA?

Tim

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
I always though you were in the Air Force at one time. Were you really in the CIA? Tim

I flew many missions for the Air Force as a CIA pilot. They included 4 years of delivering O2-B's to Viet Nam from Wichita under the 4440th Air Delivery Group, Langley, VA. I flew over 200 missions in Laos between 1972 and 1973 for the CIA while flying for CASI (Continental Air Services, Inc.) I flew many missions throughout the Middle East and Africa. For details on my career check with www.thelivingmoon.com. They have a brief bio I gave for the Las Vegas QB's, of which I have been a member for over 25 years.

I never served in the USAF and I never said I did.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I never served in the USAF and I never said I did.

Mark Farmer said in an interview that you were an Air Force Pilot. It was on the show, Area 51: Beyond Top Secret.

He also mentioned that you do conspircay research. Your the son of the Lear Jet developer, and a rated pilot. All of these this are true, so I thought the part about you being Air Force was correct as well.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Tim

[edit on 2/26/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Mark Farmer said in an interview that you were an Air Force Pilot.

Ah. Well there is certainly an unimpeachable source. No wonder you were confused. Thanks for the post.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join