It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear- Is this you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I just found this video interview on YouTube with John Lear in it! What surpised me, is that the man in the video looks a little different than the picture in John's Avatar, (it could be the way the photo was taken). In the video, John seems to be discussing Area 51 and some of Lazar's work.

The main problem for me is that what is being said isn't very clear on my computer. Perhaps John could help us with this video.

It is real, isn't it?

Tim

[edit on 1/29/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yeah i noticed that too, he looks like two different people from his ATS avatar vs the videos.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes that's him. lol.

He has aged, like we all do.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Looks look Mr. Lear to me. He has aged a bit by the looks of his avatar, but still looks pretty darn good for his age! Smart, interesting man that guy is!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
The main problem for me is that what is being said isn't very clear on my computer. Perhaps John could help us with this video.

It is real, isn't it? Tim

Tim,

I admit to being that handsome devil! That must have been in 1991 or after when I went from 175# to 196# and had to wear suspenders to hold my pants up!

Listening to the video was a shock because I don't remember Bob telling about our secret base on the moon or our secret base on Mars which I now know exist. Its very odd that I can't remember Bob telling me that although he must have because I am relating everything that happened during those years.

I also tell what convinced Bob not so much that UFO's were real but what it was that caused him to go to Dr. Edwin Teller and ask for the job at Area 51. And those 2 main things (actually there was a third but I can't remember it) was that Project Grudge was still in existence and in the LANL classified library and that the YY-II facility (which is where they supposedly kept the live alien) existed as a classified mail stop at LANL.

The rest of the interview is identical to other other interviews I have given concerning March 22, 1989 and April 6, 1989. The video of the landscape around Area 51 dated March 29 was taken the night that George Knapp and Jim Tagliani went with Bob. I was in Minneapolis on a flight with ATA that night.

The night before was the infamous call I made to Bob which was recorded by security when I said, "Whats going on?" And Bob said "We're going fjshing tomorrow night." When we got caught by security the evening of April 6th and Bob got hauled up to Indian Springs the next day to explain why he had taken all of his friends up to the flying saucer is when they attempted to ridcule him by saying, "Oh Bob, by the way, when you told John you we're going fishing that really had confused us. Boy, you guys really are clever."

Thanks Tim for the memory jog.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
so what exactly did security to do you guys? Whats that part of the story? Did it happen the same night ... in the desert?...way home? Where they expecting you and Bob?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
so what exactly did security to do you guys? Whats that part of the story? Did it happen the same night ... in the desert?...way home? Where they expecting you and Bob?

That was the evening of April 6, 1989. There was me and Bob, bobs wife, and her sister and Gene Huff. We had video cameras, a geiger counter, a telescope, binoculars and Bob had his 9mm.

We drive down the dirt road to the back gate of Groom (not the black mailbox road) and before we get to where we want to be several SUV's, facing towards us, turned on their headlights.

Bob's wifes sister turned us around (I was riding shotgun) and we started speeding towards the highway. Bob didn't want us to get stopped because they would check ID's and find out who he was.

When it was clear that we couldn't outrun them, we stopped, Bob ran out into the desert and I set up the telescope. When the SUV's skidded to a stop I ran over and asked why they were chasing us. They asked why we were running. I told them we thought they were dopers and we had chanced on a dope deal.

5 Waks got out and surrounded us and asked for ID. After a number of radio exchanges they said this, "We can't kick out out of here because this is BLM land, but if you stay you'll wish you hadn't."

They took off back down the road and we waited for Bob to come out of the desert. When he came out we stood around talking about the saucers and Bob mentioned that he had his pistol aimed at one of the Waks.

Unbeknownst to us the Waks had turned around about 200 hundred feet down the road and were videotaping us.

We loaded up and drove to the highway where we were met by the Lincoln County Sheriff (Doug Lafrene) who bullhorned us out and up against the car.

He said he wanted to know 2 things. Where was the 9mm and why there were 5 people in the car now and only 4 people when the Waks stopped us.

To make a long story short, after about an hour of threats, Doug (the sheriff) told us: "I don't know why I am being told to do this but I have been told to let you guys go. Beat it."

The next day, Bobs boss, Dennis Marianni called Bob and told him he would pick him up at his house. He drove Bob to Indian Springs where they confronted Bob with the Waks who had seen the rest of us but not Bob.

Bob was then told, "Bob, when we gave you your clearance, that didn't mean you were supposed to take all of your friends up to watch the flying saucers. Now, do you want to work here or not?"

Bob was non commital and after a few days decided not to go back. (this part of the story is more complex and if you want to read the exact detail go to boblazar.com and read the archives (the interviews with Newline Cinema).

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The next day, Bobs boss, Dennis Marianni called Bob and told him he would pick him up at his house. He drove Bob to Indian Springs where they confronted Bob with the Waks who had seen the rest of us but not Bob.

I listened to a audio interview that George Knapp conducted, with Bob Lazar, and Gene Huff. A random caller dialed in stating he knew the man who drove him to the base after he got fired. Bob then stated that he didn't know the guy, and that he never went back. He also said he simply got a call stating never to come back.

I've watched most videos with you in them Mr. Lear, and you always keep it interesting.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

I listened to a audio interview that George Knapp conducted, with Bob Lazar, and Gene Huff. A random caller dialed in stating he knew the man who drove him to the base after he got fired. Bob then stated that he didn't know the guy, and that he never went back. He also said he simply got a call stating never to come back.

I've watched most videos with you in them Mr. Lear, and you always keep it interesting.

Thanks Freezer. thats why I say the story gets more complicated. Bob was never 'fired' and he was never driven to Indian Springs after he decided to leave. Bob had marital problems which they knew because of the phone taps. He was told that when he worked them out he would be able to come back. Bob would never deny knowing Dennis. Dennis is the name Bob used when he went on the 5 o'clock news after the Indian Springs trip. It was an inside joke that only a few of us knew. That 5 o'clock news segment was filmed in my driveway with Bob in silhouette.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am glad this thread was created.

I will admit that I only half scanned the John Lear info. For some reason I felt it to be propaganda, more along the lines of disinfo. I didn't even perceive it as worth the lengthy read of the threads he is engaged in.

When I watched the bit of video, heard John's credentials, including being a rich kid by birth who took an interesting adventure for a living as a pilot and engaging in the upper echelon of the military. I then read the repoire describing the events ocurring in you and your freinds desire to explore the hidden realities and the adversity faced by such attempts. So you were involved in some ground level uncovering of this stuff when it was much more taboo and it seems that you have broke ground in the subject of what may really be going on way before it was popular. I have gained a new respect for the man.

John Lear. I underestimated you. It seems you really have gone where there is no path and left a trail.

Edit to acknowledge speaking both to Mr. Lear and as him as subject in the same posting, but it is the best I can muster right now.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This might be a dumb question directed at Mr. Lear, but whatever happened to Bob Lazar?
Also, if you are reading this, what is your opinion on the former Lt. Col. Phillip J. Corso and his book (if you happened to read it) "The Day After Roswell"?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I also tell what convinced Bob not so much that UFO's were real but what it was that caused him to go to Dr. Edwin Teller and ask for the job at Area 51. And those 2 main things (actually there was a third but I can't remember it) was that Project Grudge was still in existence . . .

Project Grudge, as in the predecessor of the Air Force's Project Blue Book?

Is Area 51 connected with Project Grudge/Project Blue Book?

NOTE: In case anyone is new to ATS, Project Blue Book was a 1950's era project by the US Air Force to investigate UFO's. Many researchers feel that Blue Book was more of a cover-up then a Real scientific effort! Project Grudge was a smaller effort in the late '40's that followed the historic Roswell crash in New Mexico.

Tim

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
This might be a dumb question directed at Mr. Lear, but whatever happened to Bob Lazar?

Bob lives in Sandia Park, New Mexico and owns and operates unitednuclear.com a highly successful scientific equipment supply company.

Also, if you are reading this, what is your opinion on the former Lt. Col. Phillip J. Corso and his book (if you happened to read it) "The Day After Roswell"?

Some of it it true some of it is false. For instance he says that he didn't start releasing ET technology until 1960. ET techonoloogy was being released as early as 1953-1954 to companies like Lear, Inc.; technology that led to the development of printed circuit boards.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Project Grudge, as in the predecessor of the Air Force's Project Blue Book?

NOTE: In case anyone is new to ATS, Project Blue Book was a 1950's era project by the US Air Force to investigate UFO's. Many researchers feel that Blue Book was more of a cover-up then a Real scientific effort! Project Grudge was a smaller effort in the late '40's that followed the historic Roswell crash in New Mexico.

Yes, get it? Project Grudge never died. Blue book was the cover.

Is Area 51 connected with Project Grudge/Project Blue Book?

As Microsoft is connected with binary code.

edit: to clarify Project Grudge as current

[edit on 30-1-2007 by johnlear]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Some of it it true some of it is false. For instance he says that he didn't start releasing ET technology until 1960. ET techonoloogy was being released as early as 1953-1954 to companies like Lear, Inc.; technology that led to the development of printed circuit boards.

John, I find this very interesting. Could you please expand on this topic? I assume that you would have some first hand knowledge or at least second hand. Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

John, I find this very interesting. Could you please expand on this topic? I assume that you would have some first hand knowledge or at least second hand. Thanks

My father was on the inside in those days. Guys like Hoyt Vandenberg (MJ-12), Gen. Jimmy Doolittle (he and his wife Jo lived down on 3rd street in Santa Monica, we were on 14th street.) Randy Lovelace (Lovelace Clinic, where aliens autopsies were performed) were around our house all the time. Lear, Inc. developed the autopilot for the U-2. and the L-102B autopilot for the Sud Aviation Caravelle (first fully automatic landings) which was the predecessor for the L102C the main automatic flight control system for he Lockheed L-1011. Lear, Inc was always on the forefront in techonology development. When my father wanted to develope the Lear Jet, the board said no. He sold all of his stock to Siegler (which is now known as Lear Siegler today) and took that money and started the Lear Jet Corporation which developed, built and sold the Lear Jet. That company was sold to Gates Rubber in 1967.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
thank you for personally answering my question and adding to the amazing story of what happened that night out in the desert. I think people dont really understand how serious it is to be out around the base at night and to have a run in with the security forces, and in addition that they will record your every move. Next time i go i'm going to rent a hummer from vegas or something that will guarantee I will out run their Fords. (assuming i'm not being shot at or chased by the helicopter) for doing something blatently stupid...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Mr. Lear,

Sir, I'll be honest with you, I am a young (both experience and age wise)pilot and in my opinion you are one of aviations greatest heroes, and though I'm not much interested in UFOs and Area 51, I am however, honored just to have the opportunity to post a message here in a forum that you frequently visit. If this was an avaition forum I would have so many questions for you, so to not waste your time I'll ask just one, do you still fly, even if it's just a little?

Respectfully,

Jeff

[edit on 30-1-2007 by FromVegas]

[edit on 30-1-2007 by FromVegas]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.

I had a relative that was a Lockheed U-2 test pilot and later affiliated with the Christians In Action (Flight Systems Consultant) who spoke at length of seeing the crafts at Area 51 sometime after Roswell.

He felt the government should reveal it's info for quite a few years of his retirement until he passed away. He was an interesting guy.

Anyhow, I found this an interesting read. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FromVegas
Mr. Lear,
If this was an avaition forum I would have so many questions for you, so to not waste your time I'll ask just one, do you still fly, even if it's just a little?

Thanks for your post Jeff. Ask any question you want.

No, I don't fly anymore. Not even on airlines. If I have t go somewhere I drive, its very peaceful.I retired about 5 years ago. And no I don't miss it. I had my FAA certificates laminated and framed and they hang on my den wall so I wouldn't be tempted, which I wasn't. My medical and biennial expired years ago and I receive no aviation journals except ProPilot which comes free and I can't get them to stop and which I don't read.

I flew in the best of times, I flew the best airplanes. And I had a lot of fun.

I have many projects to occupy my time, so I'm never bored.

thanks for asking.

john

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join