It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire man, Ed Brown, refuses to pay federal taxes - willing to fight for it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Support the Fair Tax!!!!!!

www.fairtax.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hope this man lives long enough to make something happen, before the government tags him a threat to national security.

He may be the key to some changes when it comes to the infamous federal tax.

We pay state taxes, Medicaid and social security, that is enough and what is needed.

We need some good legislation to control the federal government and the Taxes.

Keep fighting Mr. I support your efforts.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hope this man lives long enough to make something happen, before the government tags him a threat to national security.

He may be the key to some changes when it comes to the infamous federal tax.

We pay state taxes, Medicaid and social security, that is enough and what is needed.

We need some good legislation to control the federal government and the Taxes.

Keep fighting Mr. I support your efforts.

apc

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh fear not. If anyone fires a single shot, he'll die. Inciting rebellion against the Government? Yeah I think they kill you for that. They should, anyway...

Getting a bunch of civilians together with some guns is not how you start a revolution. It's how you get yourself killed.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Rest assured the Government does not want another Waco on their hands, they will handle this with the utmost care.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Video coverage of the Story plus interview is now on CNN.

Would post a link however looks like a java script link off the main site.
BTW its the #2 most popular video on CNN.com right now!

Hopes and Prayers to this man! I been feeling lately that a possible revolution was in sight! This is might be it !!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow. This is really beginning to pick up steam. I'd update the link and add more additional links, but I can't update the news story. If a mod could do that, it would be very helpful, since the main link isn't working. It's amazing how this got on the front page of Fox News and CNN so quickly.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What he's doing is perfectly in line with the spirit of the founding fathers.

They didn't want to suffer under the thumb of irresponsible, corrupt, aloof leadership, and neither do we.

As I understand it, this guy is NOT the first. Not by a long shot. Every year more and more people refuse to pay these illegitimate taxes, and they're summarily ambushed and incarcerated without so much as a passing mention on the nightly news.

Every year there are more people who stand up to the government, and the co-opted media has no problem brushing this stuff under the rug to keep people complacent and, more importantly, alienated and afraid.

If people think they're alone, they're less inclined to act.

Truth be told, regardless of the legality of the taxes, if your resist, you will be punished. The only safety is in numbers, when it comes to something like this.

There is no effective recourse these days, no way to fight back. The only solution I see is to completely demolish the IRS, extra-legal thugs that they are, and start fresh with a sensible set of guidelines to allow people to support the country, without making it so extortionist and totalitarian.

The IRS and the Fed have to go if this country is ever going to realize the ideals upon which it was founded. Without that first step, everything else is meaningless, IMO.

Finally, the way I see it, what this guy is doing is probably not the right way of going about it, but we don't have a lot of other options at this point. I can only hope that this man's bravery and self-sacrifice (and anger/stupidity) will lead to positive changes.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
about time....

the income tax goes to paying off the national debt we owe to the private owners of the federal reserve banks.

those assclowns have enough damn money.
i wish this man the best.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What this guy must do is to attract as many people as he can to his cause, instead of fighting solo. Individual standoff are rarely sucessful, and if he does'nt have a large number of supporters, the State's gonna eliminate him quick.

Here's a man who knows what freedom is really about!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I personally think this man is right on track.

He hasn't made any threats, he's been amicable and respectful to all authorities involved - even so far as talking to the negotiators. I feel that the negotiator is helping his cause by complimenting him on Mr. Browns candor during phone conversations!

If what the denver militi-man said in an earlier quoted post pans out, and militia groups do indeed go to defend this mans house, we could have a serious standoff going on here.

What the Government wants and needs is a bad guy. Then they can justify raiding this guys house and killing them. As long as Mr. Brown (IMO) can remain calm and amicable (as he has done so far) this is will continue to be very interesting. Also the mass media coverage is also an extreemly good thing for him. The Government can't just sweep this under the rug now !

[Edit for gramar corrections.]

[edit on 19-1-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good luck to the Brown's

I also back this family 100%. If only I could road trip from Hawaii.

I glad to see this is heavily in the media. Even though he is being made out to be a crook. Sounds like a pretty honest approach.

'Show us the law and we'll pay immediately,'"
from foxnews.com

If only it was that easy. Knowing our “honest and faithful to their people” government, they will either makeup another fraudulent amendment, silence him or take all his stuff and throw him in jail.

I hope his supporters the best as well as they will ultimately be his best defense against the gov using our tax dollars to erase this incident.

Either way ED has stirred the pot. Let’s keep stirring and feed this to the people.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Argh. It's settled law. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this a number of times, thanks to these bizzare tax protestors.

The income tax is 100% legal; if Congress had meant to outlaw it as commonly practiced they could have. Since they don't and they budget and spend appropriations thereupon, and frequently amend it, then it's obviously the intent of Congress that it is law.

This guy doesn't seem to believe in 'case law' from the courts either, but it is law. He doesn't get to interpret what the meaning of Congress is---the US courts do.

Funny that these strange legal interpretations always come up with taxes that *they* have to pay and not in some other circumstance.

I am inclined to agree. There was only a constitutional amendment installing it, and 100 years of Supreme Court precedent.

If you want something different, offer a constructive solution. Hiding in the woods with a gun isn't going to help anything. Why should this guy throw his life away? What would he prove?

As someone who thinks taxes are way too high and a tool used by the government to control us, there's a way to go about this and a way to not.

The guy needs to be tried fairly and forced to do what he, by virtue of being a citizen, he has implicitly agreed to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well they're downplaying the story here:

www.heraldtribune.com.../20070119/APA/701194234

Labeling him a "militia man" i.e., nutjob.
Stating that there are no plans to attack his home.
Is this spin?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

I am inclined to agree. There was only a constitutional amendment installing it, and 100 years of Supreme Court precedent.

If you want something different, offer a constructive solution. Hiding in the woods with a gun isn't going to help anything. Why should this guy throw his life away? What would he prove?

Amendment was never ratified

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Stating that there are no plans to attack his home.
Is this spin?

Actually, I don't think there are any plans to attack the house at the moment. There is, however, a very good chance that there will be attack in the near future if he keeps this up long enough though, and that's what he's prepared for right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Argh. It's settled law. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this a number of times, thanks to these bizzare tax protestors.

The income tax is 100% legal; if Congress had meant to outlaw it as commonly practiced they could have. Since they don't and they budget and spend appropriations thereupon, and frequently amend it, then it's obviously the intent of Congress that it is law.

This guy doesn't seem to believe in 'case law' from the courts either, but it is law. He doesn't get to interpret what the meaning of Congress is---the US courts do.

Funny that these strange legal interpretations always come up with taxes that *they* have to pay and not in some other circumstance.

As someone who thinks taxes are way too high and a tool used by the government to control us, there's a way to go about this and a way to not.

The guy needs to be tried fairly and forced to do what he, by virtue of being a citizen, he has implicitly agreed to do.

I have to disagree here. You say there is a way to things and way not to do them - yet a large number of Citizens have been trying to "fix" or to resolve this issue through legal means for a number of years. I believe at some point, which I think is coming very soon, there comes a time to rise up in arms and stand for what you believe is unjust. This very concept is written in the consitution as the right to bear arms, and the right to civil protest.

While I admit that I'm taking the previously mentioned constitutional rights a bit out of context, I still feel that they are applicable in this instance. Just as our for-fathers before us were eventually forced to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The man said He would pay the taxes.

"Just show me the law" and I will pay.

Sounds logical and fair to me.

OK, Uncle Sam show the man the law. Why does it have to come to a fight?

He said he is will to pay the taxes, so just show him the law.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I see that this case might bring some changes. However I think that more people should get involved. The guy is saying that he is willing to pay his taxes if he is shown the law which states that he has to. Why not contact your state officials and ask about the law which requires us to do so?

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

*snip*

It is a shame that rather than working to repeal the 16th amendment that some rely on "promoters" to try and find that magic loophole in US law.

A few of those court decisions affirming that the 16th amendment was properly ratified.
but just a few mind you.

United States v. Foster, 789 F.2d 457 (7th Cir. 1986), cert. den. 107 S.Ct. 273;
Pollard v. Commissioner, 816 F.2d 603 (11th Cir. 1987);
United States v. Benson, 941 F.2d 598 (7th Cir. 1991);
Sochia v. Commissioner, 23 F.3d 941 (5th Cir. 1994), reh. den. 1994 U.S. App. LEXIS 22014;
United States v. Stahl, 792 F.2d 1438 (9th Cir. 1986), cert. den. 107 S.Ct. 888;
United State v. Sitka, 845 F.2d 43 (2nd Cir. 1988);
Miller v. United States, 868 F.2d 236, 239-41 (7th Cir. 1989);
Biermann v. Commissioner, 769 F.2d 707 (11th Cir. 1985); United States v. Buckner, 830 F.2d 102 (1987);
United States v. Dube, 820 F.2d 886, 891 (7th Cir. 1986);
Coleman v. Commissioner, 791 F.2d 68, 70-71 (7th Cir. 1986);
United States v. Moore, 627 F.2d 830, 833 (7th Cir. 1980);
Knoblauch v. Commissioner, 749 F.2d 200 (1984), cert. den. 474 U.S. 830 (1985);
United States v. Matheson, (9th Cir. 1986);
Lysiak v. Commissioner, 816 F.2d 311, 312 (7th Cir. 1987);
Quijano v. United States, 93 F.3d 26, 30 (1st Cir. 1996);
United States v. Mundt, 29 F.3d 233, 237 (6th Cir. 1994).

source: tax protestor faq

Look I like my money and nothing ticks me off more than having to shell out about 45% by the end of the year to the feds, the state, and local agencies, but no one has launched a successful court challenge with regard to Federal income taxes. Even those little victories you hear about in small local courts are overturned on appeal from the feds. And the Courts are now so annoyed with every Tom, Dick and now Ed filing "tax protestor" arguments that they are now imposing some pretty nasty civil penalties/sanctions against the petitioner.

You want real and lasting change - elect Libertarian's to Congress and repeal the 16th amendment.

Bleys

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join