It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire man, Ed Brown, refuses to pay federal taxes - willing to fight for it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ed Brown, A New Hampshire man had refused to pay about $750,000 of income taxes. Instead, he has locked himself up in his home, with enough supplies to last a long time. He also has weapons, and is waiting for other people from all around America to come to his house and help him fight the Feds. Anticipating "a war the magnitude like this world has never seen before", he hasn't paid his taxes federal income taxes because he doesn't believe they are legal. There was a part in the trial where he said he would pay his taxes if they could show him which law requires him to do so, but to my knowledge, there was no response.

www.foxnews.com
Ed Brown heard of the verdict in the middle of an interview with a radio station. "The verdict is in. I can guarantee you all hell's going to break loose," he told WNTK-FM in New London.

He later said, "It's all bogus charges. None of these charges are lawful."

Ed Brown stayed in his wooded, 110-acre home this week. The large, cement-walled house features a watchtower that offers 360-degree views of the rural setting. He said the home is capable of generating enough electricity to operate if cut off from the main grid.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There's been a lot of talk on ATS and other conspiracy websites about federal income taxes being illegal, but now it appears that somebody is willing to risk his life based on it, and has supporters as well. If there actually is a confrontation where people will die, this will be a very big story, and maybe it will get more people interested in researching the legality of federal income taxes. While I'm not sure if this will cause "a war the magnitude like this world has never seen before", this could definitely heat things up.

Related News Links:
www.myfoxboston.com
www.nctimes.com

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 19-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The man is on air right now giving an interview and taking calls.
Listen live at www.howiecarr.org... 680 AM in Boston.

Short news break at the moment.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I support this guy 100%. If I had the money to get there, and weapons to help, I would show my support by standing with him. The only way to bring the truth out in the open is to stand up for it when the time comes. I truly hope they don't just open fire on his house and call him a terrorist to silence this story. If they have a legal right to take your money for living on Gods soil then show everybody that law! I pray for the safety and victory of this man.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am also in his side, because actually the whole federal income tax is nothing than a hoax to rob American working people of their money so the private entity that is behind the federal tax can make billions.

He has paid his state dues and he has not problem with that, but the federal taxes he has all the right to question.

apc

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd love to see this go Waco. Afterall, there's only two things in life you can rely on...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I listened to the interview. He seems to be very sure of his position, very confident that he is in the right. His basic defense is, "Show me the law, and I'll pay the tax".

He only made one mistake that I heard - he mentioned the word zionist. This brought his credibility down a few notches in my estimation.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
here is another link to thread on this with some links to read..if you are so inclined...go ed!!
www.abovepolitics.com...'

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Fox has already pulled the story I believe... That fox link is not working... The last thing the government needs right now is for some huge issue to flare from this, so they probably already put out the word to kill it.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Where do i sign up to give this guy money??.. I vote we pass this info around in every chatroom. Lets show does Feds who they work for.

Here is the link and it works:

myfoxboston.com

[edit on 19-1-2007 by pleyades]

[edit on 19-1-2007 by pleyades]

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
HELLO EVERYONE LONG TIME LONG TIME LURKER here

IM NEW AND IM AMPED UP, so please forgive me for grammar etc.

Mainstream media is pulling this story from the headlines because they know that this is the kind of situation that will blow the lid right off everything.

pass word of this everywhere, chat rooms, loved ones etc.

I smell the START of the revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!

And DO NOT B SURPRISED IF there is another "MAJOR ATTACK" or hell a Martian landing to try and change focus.

matter of fact I PERSONALLY Garuntee THAT IF WE THE PEOPLE BRING THIS SITUATION TO THE FRONT OF EVERY NEWSPAPER, news station, magizine, chat room, ETC IN THE country. that

SOMETHING VERY VERY VERY BIG WILL HAPPEN IN EFFORT TO DIVERT AND SUBDUE THIS REVOLUTION!!!

WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN WE CAN TURN THE TABLE BY EXPOSING THE TACTICS!!!!!

TELL ME HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DOUBT THE MOVEMENT WHEN WE CAN REFRENCE THIS VERY POST

IF THIS ED GUY GETS NATIONAL ATTENTION THINGS ARE GONNA GO SUPER NOVA

LETS DO IT LET GET THIS TO THE TOP OF EVER HOUSEHOLD IT DOES IN FACT LOOK A LOT LIKE WACO AND EVERYONE REMEMBERS WACO !!!!

PEACE

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have also come across this link to a recent article covering a 1994 report. This just keeps on getting better and better. Has anyone heard of this

"Constitution defense militia"

anyway here is the link

unionleader.com

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
this guy is crazy
he's trying to create a constitutional precedent even if he has to kill people for it

if you oppose the income tax, pay it and then organize and protest against it

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is REALLY incredible I can't wait to see the outcome. I think this guy is right.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I will be posting all this info and passing it up accross the internet, they better be ready cus EVERY ONE WILL SEE IT starting tonight.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
this guy is crazy
he's trying to create a constitutional precedent even if he has to kill people for it

if you oppose the income tax, pay it and then organize and protest against it

Wow! Imagine that killing people over something like that. Next thing you know the US government will make pre-emptive strikes on other countries, and without the consent of the majority of the people in the US.

That would be a crazy world and government wouldn't it? Thankfully things aren't like that.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Argh. It's settled law. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this a number of times, thanks to these bizzare tax protestors.

The income tax is 100% legal; if Congress had meant to outlaw it as commonly practiced they could have. Since they don't and they budget and spend appropriations thereupon, and frequently amend it, then it's obviously the intent of Congress that it is law.

This guy doesn't seem to believe in 'case law' from the courts either, but it is law. He doesn't get to interpret what the meaning of Congress is---the US courts do.

Funny that these strange legal interpretations always come up with taxes that *they* have to pay and not in some other circumstance.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoulif you oppose the income tax, pay it and then organize and protest against it

I disagree. What better protest is there than to _not_ do as they tell you?

Paying taxes is a form of agreement, be it outright or passive. Whether or not you go out and organize and protest after the fact, they still have your money.

If you disagree with how they spend your money, then you have the right to not give them your hard earned dollars.

I'm intrigued to find out if there actually *is* a law that requires us to pay federal taxes... he might very well set a new precedent! (Wouldn't _that_ be nifty...)

Mr. Brown - I salute you!

Editted to add: The original link(s) don't work anymore; foxBoston has a blurb, but that's it. They are seriously trying to cover this up...

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Diseria]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If my brian is firing correctly the federal income tax was only impossed to "help" pay for world war II. But once congress gathered the incoming figures and started number crunching well...here we are..I hope this guy gets some help up there before his story starts to blow up cause I bet anything the feds will go in after him if they see this guy is going to gather support. I can only hope the hillbillies in the ozarks and in the Tenn. and Ga. mountains hear about this and come to this guys aid.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Personally, I agree with him, I think federal tax is a joke, and we shouldn't have to fund our governments' black projects that "don't exsist" so they can figure out a more efficient way of killing everyone while they hide in their bunkers.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Argh. It's settled law. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this a number of times, thanks to these bizzare tax protestors.

The income tax is 100% legal; if Congress had meant to outlaw it as commonly practiced they could have. Since they don't and they budget and spend appropriations thereupon, and frequently amend it, then it's obviously the intent of Congress that it is law.

Post your references, case laws and links.

I have one for you that says something isn't right.

www.givemeliberty.org...

Hard Evidence That Form 1040
Has NO Legal Basis In Law

IRS Withdraws Criminal Allegation,
Tax Convict Walks Free

Although the People's war against the income tax fraud and IRS abuse has been lengthy and daunting and has left many freedom fighters across our nation battered and bankrupt, there are continuing signs that the tide of tyranny may finally be meeting effective resistance.

On April 12th 2005, William Wallace Lear of Muskegon Michigan appeared in federal District Court in Grand Rapids to face IRS charges claiming Lear had violated the terms of his probation. William Lear had served one year in a federal detention facility in Minnesota following his conviction in 2002 for Willful Failure to File income tax returns (a misdemeanor). His probation began in March, 2004.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join