It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is throwing a mental! MUST SEE!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Probably still a coincidence, but a large volcano is erupting in Montserrat.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Wow. Looky all the quakes!

MAP

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Somalia is the headline and war, war and more war.. then something to do with marks and spencer. Is the extra emphasis on the airstrikes and fighting in iraq all over the news to take attention away from these situations accros the world?

If they were to report one, they would have to report the others which are on the same scale, the fact that there are so many could cause panic in some areas so they are keeping it out of the news.. just my thoughts

How reliable is this website? RSOE HAVARIA

[edit on 9-1-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

Please calm down....

I strongly suspect that these events are just part of earths ongoing evolution… perhaps accelerated by man, but is happening as part of an ongoing trend and not a major BLIP.

I am sure that this although maybe elevated activity.... based on the information we have... Though we have nothing to compare the data too.

I nor can anyone else here state that this data is unusual!!!

Here is a map of major quakes and the dates they occurred.

Source: - Major Earthquakes of the World

Looking at the RSO HAVARIA map, it appears this data is either totally inaccurate or is being misinterpreted.

Most of the triangles on the map are set to alert level one... this is the first level...

My wife is Filipino and I can tell you that either of the two Volcano's in the Philippines were to erupt, we would be among the first in the UK to hear about it, yet we hear nothing....

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Well sorry for not being clear enough...

Sorry for going about this like I did--that should've been in a U2U or stated generically in a different thread. I just saw your other post and meant to apologize anyways. I do hope you understand how posts like that sound (to me at least). There's a lot of them around, always "I have a friend who does XXXXX for a living, and they say blah." They always serve to merely dismiss a thread without really offering too much to it. Too many threads yesterday to really keep up with everything though.

Originially posted by sensfan
Check out that page, and compare the last 30 days of quakes...nothing really out of the ordinary, other than there were 2 larger ones today, it's happened many times before as well.

Actually, the page I linked to was fairly decent on that front as well--based on that link, yesterday was actually fairly light in comparison to recent days in the past week as far as events < 4.0.

The main thing that made the earthquake activity really stand out in my mind was the large number of reported gas leaks yesterday. Granted, I don't know if that kind of news is uncommon or not, but when taken with the dead birds and the smell in NY, it seemed to me like there was a chance that low-level seismic activity could've been messing around with pipes and whatnot throughout the world. That was the little theory I had going, at least.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
G'day all,

I just came across this document and I highly recommend you Yanks read it, for it is quite possibly the cause of all these gas leaks, and the reason the government is hiding it from the public, and the reasons are quite frightning,

most of the south and western USA is siting upon a large Natural Gas reserve that at places is only 50 feet underneath your feet. Get a small leak and an ignition source and you will have almost instantaneous ignition and see you later west coast USA.

really-bad-news.com...

Have a read, bloody scary!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Could earthquake activity in Antartica be caused by the melting ice. The reduced pressure on the land mass causing movment?

Also, I apologise in advance for my lack of clarity. But...

Does anybody know the name of the mountain range in asia caused by the biggest volcanic eruption ever? I remember watching a documentry which said that the large amount of methane released in this eruption could have been a factor in the death of the dinosaurs. Meaning a large amount of eruptions could cause global warming to take over at any time.

Am I completely wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
hahah havaria wwebsite is cool australia seems to be fine

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
RSOE says catastrophic floods in malayisa

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal

Oops, it seems not any more... more dead birds, first US and now Oz

UK still sems ok though

[edit on 9-1-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
G'day all,

I just came across this document and I highly recommend you Yanks read it, for it is quite possibly the cause of all these gas leaks, and the reason the government is hiding it from the public, and the reasons are quite frightning,

most of the south and western USA is siting upon a large Natural Gas reserve that at places is only 50 feet underneath your feet. Get a small leak and an ignition source and you will have almost instantaneous ignition and see you later west coast USA.

really-bad-news.com...

Have a read, bloody scary!

From that article:

Due to the Panhandle Reserve being overworked since the very early 1900's, there are now huge pockets of natural gas all around the PANTEX nuclear storage facility. It should be noted that all that's required to set off a nuclear device is to "surround" it with explosives that can be simultaneously set off.

This is scaremongering. Any sensible person would know that a natural gas explosion wouldn't set off a nuke. Besides, the facility would be 'hardened' against nuke strikes itself.

Still reading the article, but it looks like a lot of hype to me.

That said, things do seem to be going a bit crazy lately, what with the gas and stuff.

Haven't been keeping up, but has anything serious happened in the UK/Europe? I'm worried cause Belfast is built on mud basically, and a good sized earthquake would cause 'liquification' (sp?) to swallow the city!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Haven't been keeping up, but has anything serious happened in the UK/Europe? I'm worried cause Belfast is built on mud basically, and a good sized earthquake would cause 'liquification' (sp?) to swallow the city!

Nothing major in the UK except heavy rain causing rising river levels. There could be some flooding in the next few days but nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
Could earthquake activity in Antartica be caused by the melting ice. The reduced pressure on the land mass causing movment?

Also, I apologise in advance for my lack of clarity. But...

Does anybody know the name of the mountain range in asia caused by the biggest volcanic eruption ever? I remember watching a documentry which said that the large amount of methane released in this eruption could have been a factor in the death of the dinosaurs. Meaning a large amount of eruptions could cause global warming to take over at any time.

Am I completely wrong?

I don't know for sure, but what you say certainly makes sense, especially about the melting ice.
The gas leaks are what is really disturbing to me. Methane comes from decaying biological matter - so what's going on inside our Earth?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
P.S. - also, methane causes temps to rise for awhile initially. But with all this methane going on, it would warm things up and keep on going indefinitely, thus adding to global warming. More warmth causes more methane, and it becomes a circle. Many of these methane vents are on the ocean's floor so it warms the oceans as well, something that is not good.

Methane pushes out nearby oxygen so if there's enough, it could kill.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Worth mentioning in this thread is that yesterday in Norway we experienced the strongest quake in the Northern Sea for 18 years. The quake was felt From norway to Shetland.

I found this nice pdf for detailed info about the quake in english.
www.geo.uib.no...

Here is another link with data:
www.norsar.no...-007:01.51.00.0

Vaak

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Looks like there's been an earthquake just off the coast of the Shetland Isles as well

Story

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Grimnal

Oops, it seems not any more... more dead birds, first US and now Oz

That caught my eye too, thousands of birds fell dead from the sky over Esperance ? Seems to me this deserves a thread of it's own, wow

Thousands of birds have fallen from the skies over Esperance and no one knows why. Is it an illness, toxins or a natural phenomenon?
A string of autopsies in Perth have shed no light on the mystery. All the residents of flood-devastated Esperance know is that their "dawn chorus" of singing birds is missing.

The main casualties are wattle birds, yellow-throated miners, new holland honeyeaters and singing honeyeaters, although some dead crows, hawks and pigeons have also been found.

Very, very odd.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned before...Im wondering if these mass bird die-offs are the proverbial canary in the coal mine? A month ago there were thousands of ducks that died in Idaho.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - More than 1,000 mallard ducks have died along a single creek in southern Idaho, and officials on Wednesday tested tissue samples to find out why.

news.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A MAG 6 in canada.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

So even if you look at these strong quakes that are noted on official sites, the earth is acting in a way that I have not seen before..gassing and quaking world wide in a matter of hours not days..... and along with the reports of all the birds falling dead from the skys, it kinda still makes me want to keep one eye on my BOB and another on ATS and the real news.

Its great that so many people world wide are putting up info on here to keep us all informed.

Appreciated!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I followed up on melbourne's link and found a fair amount of information.

The Hugoton-Panhandle Gas Reserve

The image to the right is the official U.S. Geological Survey map of America's natural gas reserves; all of which are collectively referred to as the HUGOTON-PANHANDLE GAS RESERVE. The various colors on the map indicate the density of gas from one area to another, while the green dotted lines are the borders of the land masses.

The entire North American Continent is perched directly on top of these reserves. The largest of the reserves within the Hugoton-Panhandle Complex is the "Panhandle Reserve," which is located a few miles north of- PANTEX, .which is just outside of Amarillo, Texas. At this location this horrendous natural gas reserve is less than fifty feet below the surface of the Earth.

At only fifty feet, the roof of one chamber of the Panhandle Reserve is shallow enough to be cracked then set ablaze by almost anything falling from the sky, such as a falling star or a meteorite. This area has been referred to by local people as The Great Abyss, because it's known to be immeasurable, (which is the definition of the term abyss). Others simply refer to it as the bottomless pit.

18. PANHANDLE AREA NATURAL GAS

The largest individual gas reserve in the United States covers much of the Oklahoma Panhandle, extending northward from Texas through this area and into Kansas. This sprawling Hugoton-Panhandle field provides gas to comfort mankind, fire the boilers of industry and undergird the nation's economy.

Hugoton-Panhandle gas provides the world's largest source of helium, from which the U. S. government has drawn a 40-year supply stockpile, and spacecraft and other industries obtain current needs.

The Texas part of the field was discovered in 1918, based on the surface survey and recommendations of Oklahoma's "Covered Wagon Geologist", Charles N. Gould, in 1904-1905. Gas from the deep formation was discovered in southwestern Kansas in 1922. Step-out drilling northward from Texas and southward from Kansas revealed one huge tri-state field covering five million productive acres in parts of 20 counties.

The Hugoton Panhandle gas field, in parts of Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma, is an area of almost 8,500 sq miles and contains one of the world`s largest known gas reserves ...almost 5.5 million acres which are being drained by 10,500 wells. Production is found in Permian and Pennsylvanian granite wash and carbonate rocks in the south and in Permian dolomite and limestone in the north. The primary controlling mechanisms for the accumulations are, in the south, a compaction anticline over the buried Amarillo ridge and, in the north, a hydrodynamic trap caused by a slight reduction in permeability at the W. (updip) edge of the field. In the Kansas part, production is limited both updip and downdip by water. The field is a volumetric reservoir and has produced a total of 24.5 trillion cu ft of gas. It now is producing at the rate of 1.4 trillion cu ft a yr. Remaining reserve is estimated to be about 28 trillion cu ft.^ (72 refs.)

Twenty-two natural gas treatment plants in the United States currently produce helium as a major byproduct of natural gas processing. Twenty of these plants, located in the Hugoton-Panhandle Basin, produce marketable helium which is sold in the open market when profitable, while transporting the remaining unrefined helium to the Federal Helium Reserve (FHR). The FHR was created in the 1950s in the Bush salt dome, underlying the Cliffside field, located near Amarillo, Texas. Sales of unrefined helium in the United States for the most part, come from the FHR.

(PDF)

National Academies Press: The Impact of Selling the Federal Helium Reserve (2000). 4. Helium Supply, Present and Future

Most U.S. helium-rich natural gas is located in the Hugoton-Panhandle field in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas; the LaBarge field in the Riley Ridge area of Wyoming; and the federal facility in the Cliffside field near Amarillo, Texas (Figure 2.2). Generally, natural gas containing more than 0.3 percent helium is considered economic for helium extraction in the United States, although the economics of helium extraction often depend on the other products in a natural gas stream.

Page 42. The two most important sources of helium in the United States are the Hugoton-Panhandle field complex, which is located in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas, and ExxonMobil's LaBarge field, which is located in the Riley Ridge area of southwestern Wyoming. Most production from the Hugoton-Panhandle complex is connected to or could be connected to the BLM helium pipeline and Cliffside storage facility near Amarillo, Texas. Approximately 2.8 billion scf (78 million scm) of helium was produced from this area in 1996, 2.2 billion scf (61 million scm) of which was sold and 0.6 billion scf (17 million scm) of which was stored in the Bush Dome reservoir. ExxonMobil's Shute Creek processing plant produces approximately 1.0 billion scf (28 million scm) from the LaBarge field, with the remaining 0.2 billion scf (5.5 million scm) coming from other facilities in Colorado and Utah. ExxonMobil's LaBarge gas field and Shute Creek gas processing facility in Wyoming was originally designed to process approximately 480 million scf (13.3 million scm) per day of natural gas; it entailed an investment of approximately $1.5 billion. The field and processing facility currently produce around 650 million scf (18 million scm) per day of natural gas, with an anticipated upgrade expected to increase the capacity to approximately 700 million scf (19 million scm) per day. Gas produced from the field is 66.5 percent carbon dioxide, 20.5 percent methane, 7.4 percent nitrogen, 5.0 percent hydrogen sulfide, and 0.6 percent helium. The processing facility produces carbon dioxide (for enhanced oil recovery projects), methane, elemental sulfur, and helium. At peak production, the facility could produce as much as 4 million scf (110,000 scm) per day, or 1.4 billion scf (39 million scm) per year of helium.

This certainly could explain "gas smells" in NYC - and actually, I've been getting whiffs in Winnipeg. Not verified tho (I have a hyper-acute sense of smell).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join