It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a lazy U.S. Losing it's edge in Space?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

some new russians have been known to buy entire factories' in the U.S, cash in hand... a well known ukranian took all the tax money in a go, went off to the U.S, and bought himself a house with two heli-pads in NYC

Cyrus, I stand corrected. You remind me that there are several Japanese Bankers and Arab Sheikhs that could probably afford such a trip, but certainly not the common man.

that is...after all, liable to controversy, humans have been launched into space ever since gagarin the russian

no arguement that people have been put into space, but how many of them without rigorous physical training? a mere handful I would bet.

again....launching from the U.S cost 14b this year, russia launched 4 times' as many crafts, and did it for 230m!!

You're right. The Russians do it cheaper, and more frequently, but still not at the price of a taxi to Gorky Park no? or one to Christianstaed for that matter.

moscow has a sattelite in parallel orbit with earth, another possible missile interceptor launched this year

The russians have MANY satellites. Getting up and down was never at question. It's was always a question of affordability.

i've currently made it my duty to devote a lot of time to blast off into a conclusive analysis regarding this topic.

it is estimated that the U.S is likely to go into debt as the treasury's contents are totalled under GWB's reign...
this, leaves no doubt, as to Nasa's readily sealed fate.
a looming picture forms in one's mind, as the scenario unfolds, Nasa is likely to be the least of our worries'

an economical crisis is underway? a likely "predestination" on the U.S'es part to start going low on budgets for deemed unnecessary spendings.
another likely reason no?

questions that no one but Time has the answers for Cyrus.

best,

hrxll

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Excuse me, but it is very easy to misrepresent the cost/lb of launching for the Russians when they don't have to report the cost/lb paid for by the US government.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Excuse me, but it is very easy to misrepresent the cost/lb of launching for the Russians when they don't have to report the cost/lb paid for by the US government.

wouldn't that mean the U.S, in turn, could be lying about the investments going into Nasa? possibly a cover-up to keep themselves from being ridiculed..when compared to the russian budget to equipment-performance ratios

Cyrus

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This thread may be 20 years old, but to answer this question, the US still reigns supreme in some aspects of space technology, namely unmanned lunar and Mars missions, super-heavy launch vehicle development, and more importantly privately-funded manned space travel. Although India is now the first former European colony in the developing world to send spacecraft to the Moon and Mars, it has yet to send a man to space. Since the US last November launched into orbit the biggest space rocket since the Saturn V, and NASA will soon announce the crew for the Artemis 2 mission, the US is throwing Beijing into a panic by entering a semi-breakneck speed in terms of launching gigantic SLVs to the moon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join