It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+131 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Two months ago (February 2006) I was moving a television set and pulled a muscle in my back. The pain only increased over the next couple days. It got so bad that instead of sleeping I had to take a series of standing catnaps at night because I couldn’t sit or lay down without excruciating pain. Finally I decided to go to the emergency room at the closest hospital where they gave me heavy doses of pain medicine and muscle relaxers to ease the pain before sending me home. The pain medicine would ease the pain a bit but I still wasn’t able to sleep. The next evening I decided to return to the hospital. They gave me a large intravenous dose of the most powerful pain medicine available, something called dilaudid. That dose eased the pain and allowed me to sleep that evening.

The next day the pain was back, I was out of my mind and could hardly walk. Obviously I was headed back to the hospital. I was vomiting and uncontrollably moaning from the pain. I remember the 10 min ride to the emergency room seemed like it would never end as every pebble we hit in the road sent me into uncontrollable pain. I couldn’t get out of the car on my own so they came to the car with a wheelchair and wheeled me in so that I could sign in. They thought the only problem with me was that I had a pulled muscle so I wasn’t a priority and had to wait in the wheelchair for almost four hours. I have never known such pain.

Finally it’s time for me to be screened. They take my temperature and it’s a bit high. They take my blood oxygen level and determine that the machine is broken so they take it again only to get the same impossibly low reading. The nurse, still thinking it’s broken, gets her personal device and gets the same reading. Then all hell breaks loose, it’s a full blown emergency to save my life.

They determine that I have double pneumonia (both lungs), third stage empyema and a kidney infection. Empyema is when a lung infection fills the sack that surrounds the lung. The infection bleeds through the lung tissue and collects in this sack.

The doctors immediately came to me for permission to do an emergency chest tube. I asked if it would help and was told it was imperative to attempt to drain the infection from my lungs. All I could say was “let’s do it”. The tube was about the same diameter as a mans thumb. It was going to be pushed through my chest about 6 inches below by right armpit. They can only numb you so far as they can’t numb your entire chest so the first few inches would be ok but the rest of the way to my lung would be unbelievably painful. The doctor/surgeon had to repeat the procedure three times as he couldn’t get the tube in the right spot. I was told that the doctor felt really bad because he knew how much pain he was causing me and I was repeatedly thanking him for having the knowledge to help me during the procedure. He said it really touched him that even though he was causing me incredible pain I was thanking him.

Obviously I’m admitted to the hospital. I’m not sure how long it was but they had to do another chest tube, I had a total of five ranging from the diameter of a mans thumb to the diameter of a pencil. Some went through my side and some through the front of my chest. Anyway when they were going to do the next large chest tube I knew the pain I was going to have to endure. I held my cross necklace in my right hand just before the procedure. They were about to begin, I needed strength to get through the inevitable pain. I started saying “Help me Jesus” out loud over and over again. I never stopped I just kept saying “Help me Jesus” again and again and again. Then at some point I guess I stopped breathing but to me I was aware (though not in the room) and still saying “Help me Jesus”.

Every time I said “Help me Jesus” I rose a little higher in the air. I said it again and rose higher and higher. This happened over and over. I noticed I was in absolutely no pain and realized Jesus was helping me. The “sky” held a golden lace curtain though it was solid and very large. It extended as far as I could see and was directly in front of me. I say lace because it was ornate with gaps between the “carvings”. I was bathed in a bright white light that came from a single source. It shown through the gaps in the gold “lace” curtain and touched my soul. It made you feel endless love, complete peace and supreme happiness. Without a doubt it was God.

The higher I ascended the brighter and more powerful the light. I remember after a while thinking I that I died because you always hear of near death experiences where people see the bright light and feelings of extreme love and peace. I was still repeating “help me Jesus” and thought to myself what a wonderful feeling, I wanted to go higher and way praying that my ascent wouldn’t end because I wanted to feel more of this love and peace. I wanted to get closer to this source, closer to the light. I remember feeling warm from the inside out, not hot just absolutely perfect and comfortable, a deep warmth that’s difficult to explain. I don’t know if I had a body but I certainly felt like myself.

The light as it reflected off the ornate gold openings sparkled and felt alive. It was so wonderful, more wonderful than anything here on earth. I knew I was in the presence of God. Finally I found myself floating just above a golden city. Softly, peacefully I was floating just outside a beautiful golden wall that seemed to surround heaven. I was floating slowly down the wall just above it’s highest point allowing me to see beyond the wall and into the “city”. This was the closest I was to the white light (God). The gold lace curtain was somewhere below me and the light came from just above the “city” (heaven). Nothing was between me and the light and I felt like I was home.

Looking over the wall I could see gold pillars with platter looking objects sitting on top. The weird thing is when I looked at these objects from 100’s of feet away I could also smell them...yes I could smell these objects just by looking at them. It was a godly, royal scent...almost sweet...it's difficult to accurately describe but it felt like it could only come from God. Still floating down the outside and above the wall bathed in light I looked at and smelled maybe 5 or 6 more of these objects, it was intoxicating and I never wanted it to end. A voice came, I don’t know if it was out loud or not but I suspect God spoke directly to my mind. He said “you may stay here or you can return". Without anything said I knew if I chose to return God would heal everything in my body. My thoughts turned to my family and in an instant I said “I would like to return”. I know even though I was in such peace and love, being toughed by God I still chose to return. That is the last thing I remember from that experience. I woke and was heard saying “I touched the face of God and he said everything was going to be OK”….and it was…

I will never be the same…

I had a ventilator breathing for me for 11 or 12 days and in the hospital for a total of 18 days. During that time I had surgery on my right lung to remove the empyema and remove some of the infection. I had another complication where my lungs lost all their stretchiness ARDS (Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome). A lot of people die from just that but my lungs healed and I recovered, just like God said. I have almost completely recovered from everything though I’m not sure if I will regain the function of the lower part of my right lung.

I know God allowed me to return for some reason. I pray everyday that he will reveal his plan to me though I get the feeling that part of that plan is for me to share this story.

God is no longer an untouchable faith to me, he is real, real as you or me, I was in his presence. I feel so very blessed by this experience and am so thankful that I am able to share this story with you.

God bless you all…

EDIT: It’s difficult to Photoshop what I saw on my ascent to heaven but this is close. The ornate gold curtain was much more beautiful, like it was carved and the light really came to life when it came through the openings. Also it felt more open and bright.

[edit on 3/1/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
WOW kinglizard thanks for sharing your experience,absolutely fantastic.The peace of mind you must have received from such a painful scenario could be arguably worth it.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I feel absolutely blessed by becoming sick because I lead me to this experience and meeting with God. I wouldn't change a thing. It's the biggest blessing I’ve ever received. I know it sounds weird to say that becoming that sick and almost dying was a blessing but it truly was.

Also I can truly say that I no longer fear death as it's the most beautiful thing you can imagine.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wow--what an awesome experience. Thank you so much for posting it--I hope it is read by many, many people.

What better 'proof' of God could there be? I have never had one, but I've had another experience that made God real and tangible in my life (and like you, I will never be the same). But I have read many accounts such as yours, and it is exhilarating--exhausting, too, if I don't drag myself away from it.

I've never heard of smelling things like you did--that's really intriguing. I wonder if it isn't basically equivalent to the incense we burn on earth...

I guess we can find out when we get there (for you, when you return, you lucky dog).

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing the experience! It puts further belief into my theory that "everything happens for a reason".

I can definately relate to the feelings you experienced. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I would like to share a similar experience.

I remember laying in bed one morning, I had just put out a cigarette and then I remember seeing myself floating threw what I can only describe as space. There were bright, almost golden coloured, lights in the background and I remember feeling at peace with everything. I felt comfortably warm and a great sense of love filled my body. The next thing I know, I'm laid back in my bed. That's unfortunately all I can recall.

However, I very much doubt I had died; maybe just an OBE?

I'd never allowed God to enter my life until very recently (about five months ago) and I could not be more happy now that He is with me.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I'm glad you are alive and well.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
WOW- What an awesome experience. Glad to hear you're doing better. I envy you. I'm not sure that I would be as selfless as you were in the decision to come back. I believe that I would have chosen to stay.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your awe-inspiring event with us. It was very uplifting!

Your medical ordeal was horrible. How could something like that be diagnosed so many times as muscle spasms? I have endured muscle spasms and can only imagine the terrible pain you must have suffered.

Do you think the whole experience was arranged by God? Or was it God bringing good from bad? We also often hear, "everything happens for a reason."

What do you think? Or is it to personal to share? If so that is OK too. I would understand.

I am very happy you chose to return.

Mahree

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This account is awe inspiring and amazing. Thank you so much for sharing it

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Kinglizard, I am touched and inspired by your experiece. Thank you for sharing this intensely personal incident. A testimony. Glad you are better!
Oh, it certainly is possible to be misdiagnosed--for months I was told to take aspirin for "bursitis", until another doctor diagnosed I was days away from death from an internal abscess, nothing at all to do with bursitis.
I was touched how you thanked the doctor. You are greatful for Life and show it.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks everyone, for all your kind words. I'm so happy to be sharing this experience with you. I can only hope that the story of my NDE stirs something in the people that receive the message.

Mahree I really don’t know if God took advantage of the situation I was in or if he created my situation so that he could work through it. I hate to guess so I can’t really answer that question.

How could something like that be diagnosed so many times as muscle spasms?

They just trusted what I was saying about lifting the television and pulling a muscle. They asked if the pain came on quickly or slowly. They asked how I lifted the set and so on. The pain was just behind my right lung and that just happened to be where I thought I pulled the muscle. At the time they didn’t think it necessary to do any further investigation and just gave me pain medicine.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I will never be the same…

Thank you for sharing.

One question - you say you will never be the same. What
were you like before as opposed to now?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the question FlyersFan. I’ll try to answer when I get back from church.

Blessings…

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thank you KL for sharing your wonderful story with the board.

I think it's normal for people who have such experiences to feel that it's a life-changing experience. The experience imparts knowledge. Where once there was faith (belief without knowledge) there is now knowledge.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Excellent witnessing Kinglizard! The detail is great. I was hoping to hear more about the city, what things you'd seen there, other thoughts and feelings. Other communication?

If it helps, this verifies with a vision of the place someone in my family shared with me. In addition, she'd mentioned in the city you'd described were jewels inlaid in the gold. Had you noticed anything to the effect?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I do not know what to say..... that is truly an amazing life story... sounds silly, i was crying when i read it.... i am so glad your okay now KL.

I am amazed by your experience on how you saw the way to heaven, me as an atheist makes me wonder if me saying there is no after life, god and Jesus... i am wrong. Because i truly believe you went through this situation.... so i must be wrong....

But i am soooo glad you are okay... you know from when WOS was ill... this ATS community is here for you no matter what!

If ever there is a reason for you needing to chat.... (even though you have all the staff and every member saying this) just drop me a u2u...

*hug*

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Tell us more when you can ...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Kinglizard,

I do not know if this means anything to you, but I could not get this verse out of me while I was reading and responding with a completely different reply all together.

I do not know you from any one else on this board, but the following verse was laid in my heart to show you:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone I just returned from church and am so excited by the responses in this thread. I will do my best to answer all questions asked in this thread honestly and accurately. I just need some time.

Oni x x, God loves you more than you know. Believe me there is nothing special about me so my experience is something that all his children will experience. Know that he wants you in his family and that the death of a body is not the death of the soul.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Kinglizard, I do not mean or want to overwhelm you, but sometime in the future, when you feel you can, could you please share more about God's plan for you as you find out more? Thanks!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Absolutely I will share that with you desert. I just hope if I find out that I am to become a missionary that I have the strength to do so.

I remembered something else. When I was in the hospital and was taken off the ventilator I turned to a christian station on the TV set. Every time they read a verse from the bible my entire body tingled/vibrated. It was unreal and doesn't happen anymore but I forgot about that until just now.

Also this nurse came into my room and said she could see auras. When she looked at me she said it looked like I was surrounded by God or that I had been with god. Something about the color being gold or yellow, I'm not really sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join