It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US F-14 in Russia and other captured 'enemy' aircrafts!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
in iraq amers found mig-25P aircraft burried in teh sand

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
in iraq amers found mig-25P aircraft burried in teh sand

Yeah,

I know Gaza..

I did post a topic about that in i here at ATS Aircraft Projects..

Link!

It is just some what incomplete now as my 'Uninen' account has a ATS ignore..

But look at my last post at page 2..

There you can find a good link to a article about it..

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Captured by US..

Link!

A U.S. military search team studies a Cold War-era MiG-25R Foxbat B, the fastest combat aircraft today, that was buried beneath the sands in Iraq. Several MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets have been found buried at al-Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What a mess. They'll probably have to replace half the moving parts on that. The engines're probably a mess too.

What a shame.

Mind you, burying something is a pretty good way not to have it bombed. Heh, more firepower for the United States of Iraq arsenal!

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Lampyridae,

These were covered in plastic.. so..

I think that no damage has been done to the aircrafts..

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nah, look at all the dust that's caked around the intakes.

The article also says there's little chance of them flying again. It also looks there was sand right up the tailpipes, too, thanks to shoddy wrapping. These birds are definitely dead.

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah...here's a few more for the "collection":

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Not surprising, From what I've heard the KGB and it's sucessor the FSB (I think) have been trying to get an F-14 for years. Capturing enemy aircraft was almost like a game in the Cold War, the American and British governments tried (and occasionly suceeded) in capturing Mig's and other Soviet aircraft. Russian intelligence was trying to do the same thing. Stealing or trying to Steal enemy military hardware for intelligence purposes was almost like an unspoken game of the cold war, and I believe it continues to this day.

Tim

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
A few points - When it was realised Iran was an enemy and going under Soviet influence the USN ditched the radar variant of the F14 completely. Also some were sabotaged by the Iranian Airforce itself when they realised they were going to be purged. The Russians have helped the Iranians upgrade the approximately 20 or so which will still fly, however, airframe fatigue will soon put an end to them as they have no way whatsoever to correct that.

www.anft.net...

www.everything2.com...

Read section close to the bottom of this page.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Seekerof if you see this..

We had that argument that does or does not USAF have any SU-27s..

You claimed that they got some captured from Iraq..

To which i said that it is untrue.. which it is..

But now i have learned that USAF may well have bought some SU-27s from Belarus..

Damn you Alexander Lukashenko..

Fulcrum,
Regarding SU-27's in the U.S.:

After 1992 it was suspected in Russia that Belarus was supplying individual defence articles or small numbers of articles to the intelligence services of foreign states interested to learn more about the combat capabilities of equipment of Soviet design.

In 1995 it was widely reported that Belarus had sold elements of one S-300 air defence system to the United States. Another widely reported case in 1995 was the transfer of 2 Su-27 fighter aircraft to the United States. The S-300 and Su-27 are systems that have been exported by Russia and they are among the most heavily marketed Russian defence items. The fact that the US was in possession of examples was considered in Russia to be a potential disincentive for prospective buyers.

In each case the articles were sold to private US firms known to work primarily on research and development contracts for the US intelligence services.

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Intelgurl -

Your facts are incorrect. The DoD is not in the habit of re-selling exploited Foreign Technology to DoD contractors. And I would caution you to not speculate on topics for which you may or may not posses priviledged information. If it is open source, then you better list your reference material. Otherwise, what we do is our business, if you know what I mean....

Pyros

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah..

I hear that US has S-300 harware for several batterys of this AD system..

Pyros,

You really should keep your eyes and ear open..

So you would also learn these things..

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
all fighter planes would and could be usefull but al depends on the skill of the pilot but on the other hand technology is a giant help in warfair. IRAQ has been in the planning books to seize control of since ww2 U.S. is good alyies with turky more so then they let on and if you think about it and look at a map of the regon and you see how the capture of Iraq is the opening of a flud gates for troops and so on to march right down threw turky into iraq like i have herd the turkis government is talking about but who do you think is going to give all the wepons and who do you think the turkish army will listen to. they have axess to all around every way to waige war U.S. supplyed iran and iraq with wepons and money to fight and discredit there names and political respect. first bush kuwait, second bush iraq, it is a major mastor plan. i am sure others agree with my opinions and some doent peace is a fragile thing and can it pas the test of time and the greedynes of human kind.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Intelgurl -

Your facts are incorrect. The DoD is not in the habit of re-selling exploited Foreign Technology to DoD contractors... If it is open source, then you better list your reference material.

Pyros, I find the reselling thing a bit suspect too, but I am neither opining nor speculating � I am in fact citing open source information. Specifically a report by the Stockholm International Peace Institute, a factually reliable research foundation and data library established and funded forty years ago by the Swedish Parliament.
projects.sipri.se...
Additionally, both Jane�s Defense Weekly and Pravda have written articles on this subject.

And I would caution you to not speculate on topics for which you may or may not possess privileged information.

If I speculate I will say that I am speculating.
If I am stating my opinion, I will likewise say so.
And IF I in fact have access to �privileged information�, (and I�m not stating here that I do) I can assure you that I would follow all applicable protocols and methodologies to insure the proper level of discretion.

Otherwise, what we do is our business, if you know what I mean....
Pyros

uh huh�.. you don�t mind if write that down and put it on my refrigerator door with all the other profound statements and quotes I�ve collected from great philosophers and statesmen do you? Thanks!

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yeah...here's a few more for the "collection":

*collapses and cries like a baby*

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Necro99,

Why bother?

These J-7, MiG-29 and MiG-23 belonged to the no good IRQAF..

There are plenty those in Russia.. (MiG-29s that is.. as 'J-7s' [MiG-21s..] and MiG-23 are long ago wfu.. in Russia..)

In hands of pros..

IRQAF wasnt 'pro' they were crappy 'weekend amateurs'..

They lost to USAF / US ARMY..

And to do that one must really suck..

Lets face it even Charlie beated the crap out of em.. (USA..)

And Charlies were little and yellow..

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

IRQAF wasnt 'pro' they were crappy 'weekend amateurs'..

They lost to USAF / US ARMY..

And to do that one must really suck..

Lets face it even Charlie beated the crap out of em.. (USA..)

And Charlies were little and yellow..

Fulcrum,
I must admit, you know how to piss people off and thus keep the thread alive...

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What do you mean?

Piss people off?

How?

By telling the truht..?

If somebody cant handle the truht he/she hasnt the right to live..

And IRQAF really were crappy weekend amateurs..

As during GW 1 Iraqi pilots tasked with strike missions againt Kharg Island usually just aborted the missions, dropped the bomb into the Persian Gulf and at back at the base just told their commanders: 'Mission succesful, targets destroyed..'

And During fighting with Americans, only air to air victories they got when in 1991 MiG-25 Shot down a F/A-18.. and later they (i dont remember was it 2001/2/3..) they only got another one.. as MiG-29 or MiG-25 was used to shot down a Predator drone..

This doesnt seem as success to me..

And about 'Charlie'.. Viet minh aka Viet Cong and NVA / NVAF..

They were little and they were yellow (note the word play.. yellow as in somebody scared, hiding.. etc..) and yet they royally kicked US bottom with MiG-21s, SA-2s, AAA and AK-47s, RPGs and bodytraps..

They even used ancient .22 LR TOS sporting rifle in Saigon to snipe at US G.I.s.. with success..

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I am guessing that it is not that hard to buy an SU-27 from one of our alies.

And what ally would that be?

But i say this much: the god damn Ukranians will sell anyting to anyone (the gov.) just like the Russian Mafia..

watch it bro...im ukranian, and yes we do sell anything for green

and that's a bad thing??

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
why does every1 jack the ukranian gvrnmnts/mafia(hard to tell the difference between the two...btw) for their nationality?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join