It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 jurors selected in Trump criminal trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Every judicial jurisdiction (federal, state, local) has a big book called "rules of evidence". It specifies exactly what kind of arguments and evidence can be admitted in a court within that particular jurisdiction. These rules are based on relevant laws, precedent, and Supreme Court rulings, etc. The NY state list of "rules of evidence" consists of several hundred rules. The Judges have to follow those rules. If they don't, their judgments can and probably will be overruled on appeal. The Judges don't get to just make stuff up. Neither do prosecutors or defendants. They all play by the rules that have been established for a long, long, time. There is nothing exceptional that is being done either for or against Trump. He's just the latest criminal suspect in a long line of criminal suspects.

You assume the goal is to get justice for crimes committed in this case.

If the goal is to dirty up the defendant prior to an election and break him financially, things like judicial misconduct, prosecutorial misconduct, and jury misconduct don't matter. Appeals will cost money, time, and reputation. Not to mention taxpayer dollars.

Strange how all these cases seem to be prosecuted in liberal democrat jurisdictions.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I could have voted Republican in November.

Biden isn't my first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice.

TRUMP IS MY LAST. I CAN NOT vote for a man like Trump, ever.

a reply to: VoiceofReality

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Vote Kennedy then.

You have a third option.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Go 3rd party or just don't vote.

In Kentucky we had our gubernatorial [ such a fitting word for politicians but they should spell it "goober" ] election and the incumbent was a Democrat with a Republican challenger.

I have sworn I will not vote Democrat ever again, but I just didn't like the other guy either. What did I do ? Nothing. I didn't vote.

You have the same options. No one is forcing you to pick Biden, it's just an excuse to do what you want and at the end of the day you can say "I didn't have a choice".

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm happy to finally see the Democrats in this country get what they have been demanding for over 8 years. Ever since Donald Trump announced his bid for the Presidency and alienated the liberal elites that had been singing his praises in the many decades prior this day was inevitable.

Over the last decade the Democrat political machine has tried to criminaly convicte Donald Trump for many things from Russian Collusion during the 2016 election, to taking foreign bribes by allowing foreigners to stay in his hotels, to throughing food against a wall, to having one more scope of ice cream then the rest of the party goers.

But now; after throwing everything else against the wall the Democrats political machine finally found a topic that might have a chance to succeed in going all the way in their political persecution of their top political enemy.

It doesn't mater that other top Democrat have been convicted of the same level of crimes and walked away.

Obama 2008 campaign fined $375,000

President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations — one of the largest fees ever levied against a presidential campaign, POLITICO has learned.

Politico

FEC fines Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC over Trump-Russia dossier research

Washington(CNN)Federal election regulators fined Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee earlier this month for not properly disclosing the money they spent on controversial opposition research that led to the infamous Trump-Russia dossier.

The DNC was fined $105,000 and the Clinton campaign was fined $8,000, according to a letter sent by the Federal Election Commission to a conservative group that requested an inquiry.

CNN

John Edwards Won't Be Retried on Campaign Finance Charges

June 13, 2012 — -- The Justice Department has dropped its case against John Edwards and will not retry the former presidential candidate on charges that he used nearly $1 million in campaign funds to hide his mistress and love child during his 2008 bid for the White House.

Edwards' attorney Abbe Lowell hailed the department's decision to forgo a retrial. "We are grateful that the Justice Department, after hearing from the jury, has dismissed the remaining charges in this case. As we stated in our motions and arguments in court, the novel theory of campaign law violations charged by the Justice Department is not a crime," Lowell said in a statement.

ABC

It doesn't mater that the case hinges on the testimony of a known liar that the Democrat political machine itself exposed as a liar through persecution.

Michael Cohen is an admitted liar. He’s still going to be the star witness against Trump.

NEW YORK — By his own admission, he has lied in court. He has lied to the media. And he has pleaded guilty to lying to Congress.

Now, he’s set to be state prosecutors’ key witness against Donald Trump.

Politico

It doesn't mater that the case was brought up by a DA who campaigned on political persecution. Who has made a name for himself by being soft on crime ... unless we are talking about his political enemies.

NYC convictions plummet, downgraded charges surge under Manhattan DA Bragg

Soft-on-crime Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has downgraded more than half his felony cases to misdemeanors — while also managing to lose half of the felony cases that do reach court.

Since taking office on Jan. 1, Bragg has downgraded 52% of felony cases to misdemeanors — compared to 39% in all of 2019. Between 2013 and 2020, under District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., the percentage of cases the office downgraded had never exceeded 40%, according to data made public by the DA’s office.

NYP

And it doesn't mater if legal analysts (including from liberal news outlet) agree that Donald Trump can't receive a fair trial in Manhattan because jury selection can not possibly be unbiased.

CNN analyst says Trump wouldn't be convicted in non-blue area, case relies on known liar Michael Cohen

CNN legal analyst Elie Honig criticized the New York hush money case against former President Trump in a new podcast interview as "middling" and overly reliant on former personal attorney Michael Cohen, saying his credibility was in tatters after telling "lies upon lies."

Appearing on Tuesday's episode of "Somebody's Gotta Win," Honig insisted a unanimous not guilty verdict is unlikely for Trump, particularly since the trial is taking place in deep-blue Manhattan, but the case was mediocre and would never get a conviction in a swing district.

fox

All that really matters is that the political left will finally get their pound of flesh. They have been after it for so long that they must deserve it by now.

edit on 19-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I'm not saying this to argue or as a point of contention, I'm just really curious.

Both candidates are immoral or unpleasant or "bad" in some way or another. But you'll still pick the one who f*cked us more as a nation?
Do you think Biden is less immoral? A better president? I mean, I may not like Trump for whatever reason, but I still felt like he was a better President. I just can't wrap my mind around choosing Biden. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Please help me understand.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Have any of you heard of a "kangaroo court" ? If not look it up because this is what you have with the Trump "case". All the world knows this is purely political and it stinks to high heaven, yet because there are a lot of you hate Trump you're willing to see your judicial process be bastardised. Think on this, it's Trump now, but it can be you later on because if they succeed with him with his money and influence, you (an ordinary man in the street) would not even make a little piece in your local comic, oops I mean your local newspaper.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

If they could think ten minutes into the future they wouldn’t be democrats

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality
a reply to: JadedGhost

This moderate is sick of Biden. I would be ready to vote Republican. Anyone other than Trump. Had Pence or Haley been the nominee I would have gone right. Because the Republicans refuse to run a decent candidate I am forced to go left again. Maybe one day they will put up a candidate with a fibre of morality and I could return to the right.

Voting for Pence or Haley is not Moderate, that’s establishment.

There is a reason they didn’t come close to getting the nomination, they are political hacks.

And that’s hilarious that you think the Left has any morality to vote for them over Trump, they have none at all.

It sounds like your feelz are hurt by Trump like all the others that are weak, toughen up.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
I could have voted Republican in November.

Biden isn't my first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice.

TRUMP IS MY LAST. I CAN NOT vote for a man like Trump, ever.

Why?
What exactly is your problem with Trump?

What has Trump done to hurt you personally?

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Other than being a punching bag for the media to purposely divide us over? Nothing at all, everything he did while in office led to where we are today. Nothing he did that was "good" was permanent other than the tax cuts he gave to his wealthy friends.
edit on 19-4-2024 by ImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
...12 jurors that Trump and his team personally were apart of deciding will now be the deciding factor of whether he’s guilty or not.

So when the left wing mob comes back saying he's guilty .. and they will .. everyone will say that his lawyers approved of the jury. But they really didn't. They only have just so many times they are allowed to dismiss a juror. They had to accept the unacceptable. They had to accept the left wing anti-Trumpers who were pretending to be fair just so they could get on the jury and fry the guy.

It's NYC and it's a far left nuthouse.
There is ZERO chance the jury is fair.

I think Trump is crass and gross and bloviating etc etc
But the garbage legal gymnastics the left are going
through to interfere in the election are disgusting.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ImagoDei

If that’s the case then why did Biden need so many executive orders to undo what Trump had begun

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei

Other than being a punching bag for the media to purposely divide us over? Nothing at all, everything he did while in office led to where we are today. Nothing he did that was "good" was permanent other than the tax cuts he gave to his wealthy friends.

The Trump economy was the best in America, ever. The numbers speak for themselves.

America gained 7 million new jobs—more than three times government experts’ projections
Middle-class family income increased nearly $6,000—more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration
The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century
Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job hirings
More Americans reported being employed than ever before—nearly 160 million
Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low
The number of people claiming unemployment insurance as a share of the population hit its lowest level on record
Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly three decades.
Unemployment for women hit its lowest rate in nearly 70 years
Nearly 7 million people were lifted off of food stamps
Poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans reached record lows
Income inequality fell for two straight years—and by the largest amount in over a decade
The bottom 50 percent of American households saw a 40 percent increase in net worth
Wages rose fastest for low-income and blue-collar workers—a 16 percent pay increase
African American homeownership increased from 41.7 percent to 46.4 percent
I could go on but I don’t want your head to explode with facts.

What has angry Joe Biden done?
Record inflation.
Higher taxes.
Record consumer price increases.
Killed energy independence.
Cut medicare benefits and increased premiums.
Everybody is making less money, paying more in taxes, and getting gouged at the pump and grocery stores.
Immediately killed all of Trumps good policies in the first days of his term.
Biden is Jimmy Carter 2.0
He is the very definition of The Swamp.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

The Trump economy was the best in America, ever. The numbers speak for themselves.

America gained 7 million new jobs—more than three times government experts’ projections
Middle-class family income increased nearly $6,000—more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration
The number of people claiming unemployment insurance as a share of the population hit its lowest level on record
Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly three decades.
Income inequality fell for two straight years—and by the largest amount in over a decade
The bottom 50 percent of American households saw a 40 percent increase in net worth
Wages rose fastest for low-income and blue-collar workers—a 16 percent pay increase

Record inflation.
Higher taxes.
Everybody is making less money, paying more in taxes, and getting gouged at the pump and grocery stores.

Facts and truth never matter to the deranged Liberal cult.

All they know is Trump is orange and bad and he hurts their fragile feelz.

They happily bend over and take Biden’s dumpster fire, America hating policies in the keister, while screaming “Trump is Hitler!!!”

Edit - This was the gas prices near my house in the late fall/early winter of 2019 before the Covid scam hit…..

edit on 19-4-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Vermilion

Public perception. You can't divide the population without sides being created.

So very true.......and that's exactly what it's all about. In fact that's really the only thing it's about. Hype to divide, then hype the divide.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The next yankee election is really a win/win situation globally. we get either 4 more years of daily gold standard trumpster grade commy trolling, or a real life fallout scenario. fizer better have the ghoul syrum all worked out or i'll be mighty disappointed

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

Probably because Trump's "change" was always meant to be temporary. Other than the tax cuts for the rich of course, that's the only thing that was meant to be permanent. It was the illusion of change in order to fuel his support so that he wins this coming election and is given free reign to do what he wants in the upcoming war.

His supporters are so entrenched in their ideology with him at the center that they will never admit to him doing wrong, even if it includes genocide. That's what the media onslaught against him has been all about, to turn him into a hero and martyr to certain people.

This war is going to be ugly. If it were Biden at the helm Trump's supporters would be against it (and so would most of Biden's supporters) but since it will be Trump at the helm they'll make excuses for it. All part of the plan.
edit on 19-4-2024 by ImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Vermilion

Record inflation.
Higher taxes.

Facts and truth never matter to the deranged Liberal cult.

All they know is Trump is orange and bad and he hurts their fragile feelz.

They happily bend over and take Biden’s dumpster fire, America hating policies in the keister, while screaming “Trump is Hitler!!!”

Edit - This was the gas prices near my house in the late fall/early winter of 2019 before the Covid scam hit…..

And a follow up to my post about the low gas prices in the picture above.

They are a direct threat to the Leftist’s insane green push to electric vehicles.

Nobody is going to buy a trash EV when gas prices are that low, they want them high…..in fact, they want them a LOT higher to attempt to force the garbage EV’s on everyone.

Biden crushed the energy independence that Trump started us on the road to, that’s a fact.

Edit - And that leads us to what Trump said about being a “dictator” on day 1 when he wins, which the Liberals had a total meltdown over only because they couldn’t comprehend what he was talking about.
Which is he will reverse every Biden America hating policy on day 1 of his 2nd term and put us back on the road to prosperity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join