It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 jurors selected in Trump criminal trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well here we are a week into Trumps criminal trial for election interference (hush money) and we already have the jurors selected. I guess maybe it starts to get interesting.

Best part about this is that Trumps little tantrums and feet stomping about the “corrupt NY justice system” mean nothing now, since it has nothing to do with them at this point. 12 jurors that Trump and his team personally were apart of deciding will now be the deciding factor of whether he’s guilty or not.

Interesting times coming ahead. I personally predict a lot of toddler like tantrums coming from Trump in the near future… no one ever accused him of not being entertaining.
edit on 18-4-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Trump can still be president from a prison cell. This trial won't have any bearing on whether he wins the election or not other than to sway public opinion a tiny bit, everyone already has their mind made up for the most part. It would be pretty surreal if he does win and is imprisoned (probably house arrest at Mar-A-Lago if I had to guess) and becomes the first ever criminal president.

Going by recent events it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's something that is in the cards. Mar-A-Lago means "sea to lake", the beast in Revelation came out of the sea and was eventually thrown into the lake of fire, we'll see if that has any kind of significance in the future. Time will tell.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

In the meantime while you Libs are taking a very premature victory lap over Trump’s legal issues, F’ing World War III is starting in the Middle East under dumpster fire Joe Biden’s watch.

Exactly what you said would happen with Trump in there.

Thanks a bunch.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Don't worry, Biden will pass the torch to Trump when he wins in November then you'll be supporting WW3.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ImagoDei

If Trump is some kind of evil force, why do the democrats continue to lie, cheat, beg, and steal to try and get him?
Even for satan that seems counter productive.
edit on 18-4-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Public perception. You can't divide the population without sides being created.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei
everyone already has their mind made up for the most part.

I disagree. I mean, you have your hardcore MAGA supporters who will vote for him no matter what, then you have your hardcore Trump haters who will vote against him no matter what. But in between (and probably the majority) you have the moderates who will decide this election.

Plus, he will lose some votes from his fanatical Christian base if convicted, there’s no getting past that.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Best part about this is that Trumps little tantrums and feet stomping about the “corrupt NY justice system” mean nothing now, since it has nothing to do with them at this point.

The judge here, as conflicted as it gets, has all the power.
He will let in evidence which has nothing to do with the case to try and sway this jury. (Grab em, mcdougal etc)
He also has the power to disallow evidence which would exonerate Trump.
Saying that these democrat activist hacks have nothing to do with this case still is not consistent with reality.
BAMN is their play and the voters see it.

edit on 18-4-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm guessing the election has already been decided. Illusion of choice and all that. It'll probably be 2020 all over again except the roles will be reversed, Democrats saying he stole the election while Republicans saying it was the most secure election ever.

Just an idea, ready to eat my words though.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Public perception. You can't divide the population without sides being created.

You can’t hamstring your prize racehorse if you expect him to place.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Meanwhile, we have found out that the FBI, the DOJ, Google, Facebook, Twitter and the entire legacy media hid information on Hunter Biden to influence the 2020 election.

Undisputed facts now.

But that's (D)ifferent.

Because Biden won, so we live in a better world now.

It is called Clown world...

LOL

edit on 100000004America/Chicago4pmThu, 18 Apr 2024 22:54:58 -050054 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

He won in 2016 and will most likely win in November, if you believe his base he also won in 2020. He's not being hamstrung, far from it.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

everyone already has their mind made up for the most part.

I disagree. I mean, you have your hardcore MAGA supporters who will vote for him no matter what, then you have your hardcore Trump haters who will vote against him no matter what. But in between (and probably the majority) you have the moderates who will decide this election.

Plus, he will lose some votes from his fanatical Christian base if convicted, there’s no getting past that.

Yea...

He's going to lose his Christian base because they don't understand what being crucified means...

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Best part about this is that Trumps little tantrums and feet stomping about the “corrupt NY justice system” mean nothing now, since it has nothing to do with them at this point.

He will let in evidence which has nothing to do with the case to try and sway this jury. (Grab em, mcdougal etc)

Every judicial jurisdiction (federal, state, local) has a big book called "rules of evidence". It specifies exactly what kind of arguments and evidence can be admitted in a court within that particular jurisdiction. These rules are based on relevant laws, precedent, and Supreme Court rulings, etc. The NY state list of "rules of evidence" consists of several hundred rules. The Judges have to follow those rules. If they don't, their judgments can and probably will be overruled on appeal. The Judges don't get to just make stuff up. Neither do prosecutors or defendants. They all play by the rules that have been established for a long, long, time. There is nothing exceptional that is being done either for or against Trump. He's just the latest criminal suspect in a long line of criminal suspects.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: Vermilion

Every judicial jurisdiction (federal, state, local) has a big book called "rules of evidence". It specifies exactly what kind of arguments and evidence can be admitted in a court within that particular jurisdiction. These rules are based on relevant laws, precedent, and Supreme Court rulings, etc. The NY state list of "rules of evidence" consists of several hundred rules. The Judges have to follow those rules. If they don't, their judgments can and probably will be overruled on appeal. The Judges don't get to just make stuff up. Neither do prosecutors or defendants. They all play by the rules that have been established for a long, long, time. There is nothing exceptional that is being done either for or against Trump. He's just the latest criminal suspect in a long line of criminal suspects.

And there we go... the funniest sh!t I have read all year.

The Judge applies suppression of evidence as he or she feels fit to, for instance.

Which can be overturned by a higher court.

Don't you get it yet?

Everything Trump is going against right now legally is just leftists throwing poop against the wall.

Not to hope that it sticks... but the hope that it interferes with the 2024 election.

So it is rather ironic that he is in court for election interference in 2020 when the entire proceedings in this case are for election interference in 2024...

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Holy moly. LOL. You sound like a pod person.

You can't really believe all that stuff can you?

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
a reply to: Boomer1947

Holy moly. LOL. You sound like a pod person.

You can't really believe all that stuff can you?

The American Left now is mostly like the Borg.

But without the sense of humor.

So yes, it actually believes that.

It was programmed to do so.

Kinda scary, no?

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This moderate is sick of Biden. I would be ready to vote Republican. Anyone other than Trump. Had Pence or Haley been the nominee I would have gone right. Because the Republicans refuse to run a decent candidate I am forced to go left again. Maybe one day they will put up a candidate with a fibre of morality and I could return to the right.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

This moderate is sick of Biden. I would be ready to vote Republican. Anyone other than Trump. Had Pence or Haley been the nominee I would have gone right. Because the Republicans refuse to run a decent candidate I am forced to go left again. Maybe one day they will put up a candidate with a fibre of morality and I could return to the right.

So the left is running a decent candidate in your opinion?

You are not forced to go left at all.

You are choosing it.

At least be honest with yourself.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Meanwhile, we have found out that the FBI, the DOJ, Google, Facebook, Twitter and the entire legacy media hid information on Hunter Biden to influence the 2020 election.

Undisputed facts now.

But that's (D)ifferent.

Because Biden won, so we live in a better world now.

It is called Clown world...

LOL

What’s Hunter got to do with the 2020 election, or even politics in general?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join