It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking, mass stabbing many stabbed in bondi Sydney Australia.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess2

I think we all care about people being stabbed to death including mothers and babies.

I don't get it BeTheGoddess2, the Police did her job, what is the problem there?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Totally not surprised that the tory who puts his dog in leopard print is willfully ignorant.

Have you ever had consented sex with another live human?.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess2

To be fair, nobody gives a # about Nazi ## Wankes (NSW) were I'm form and why pollute our media with tales from pedo-methland=we-love-cops-land is just to make them look tough.

Hardly any sort of explanation as to your diatribe.

You think I'm a Tory?

And where is the Leopard print? LoL

Could it be you who ticks the "willfully ignorant" box?

As to the rest of that guff, i think you may find you're way off topic with your sad attempt at what i assume to be a personal attack.

Give your head a wobble and then hang it in shame.

edit on 13-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
ETA: there were two attackers, one dead the other is being hunted....

As per usual in these cases, the second attacker is no more. No more machetes, and the attacker is a lone attacker.

Also, in the brief video snippet of his rampage posted above, you see the perp briefly chasing after people, but you don't see him attempt to stab anybody. He is jogging desultorily around. And you can't see a speck of blood on him. Hmmmm....
edit on 13-4-2024 by starvosan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It’s disgusting enough that someone would kill all those people and little ones.
I feel sorry for the Australians who let their government make sure they can no longer defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2
To be fair, nobody gives a # about Nazi ## Wankes (NSW) were I'm form and why pollute our media with tales from pedo-methland=we-love-cops-land is just to make them look tough.

kinda missing what you are on about here. Account got hacked maybe?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The problem with that sort of logic is that then he would have most likely chosen to go on a shooting spree as opposed to a stabbing spree.

And i think you may find the courageous Woman Police shot the animal dead, so there is that.

Anyhoo it's not about guns or gun laws, but rather a tragic horrendous act of depraved violence.

RIP to the poor victims and hopefully a speedy recovery to those injured particularly that little fellow on the operating table whose mother unfortunately perished.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The problem with that sort of logic is that then he would have most likely chosen to go on a shooting spree as opposed to a stabbing spree.

I see zero problem letting people defend themselves.
A gun is the great equalizer.

That great equalizer was used very well by a lady and saved lives.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If that were the case the likes of America would not be having mass shootings occurring every other day.

I see problems associated with crazies like that being allowed to carry firearms considering what he just perpetrated with a knife.

Anyhoo this is about a mass attack that happened in Australia.

Their gun laws are their own concern.

The greater equalizer was used by Police to save lives.

She did her job and most likely stopped further injury and death from occurring no two ways about that fact.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And i think you may find the courageous Woman Police shot the animal dead, so there is that.

Anyhoo it's not about guns or gun laws, but rather a tragic horrendous act of depraved violence.

RIP to the poor victims and hopefully a speedy recovery to those injured particularly that little fellow on the operating table whose mother unfortunately perished.

Then let people defend themselves with like weapons. Wearing a shopping cutlass might be a bit unwieldy but would tend to equalize things.
edit on Sat-0500CCDT-0500R6-0500 by DOCTORNO because: correction

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCTORNO

Then let people defend themselves with daggers and swords. Wearing a shopping cutlass might be a bit unwieldy but it would tend to level the playing field.

In first-world nations where the rule of law is upheld by authorities people should not need to defend themselves whilst out shopping.

Australia brought in strict gun control laws after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, which have significantly reduced the incidence of mass shootings, including those at the likes of schools.

So again their nation, their laws, and that's all she wrote, or do you disagree?

www.britannica.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Now where the likes of knives or swords are concerned.

The legal definition of a knife in Australia is any instrument with a cutting edge or blade, and designed to be used as a weapon. It is illegal to carry any type of knife in a public place in Australia, except for utility knives, such as a Swiss Army knife or a pocket knife with a blade no longer than 10 cm.

www.aussieknives.com...#:~:text=The%20legal%20definition%20of%20a,no%20longer%20than%2010%20cm.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Then let people defend themselves with daggers and swords. Wearing a shopping cutlass might be a bit unwieldy but it would tend to level the playing field.

In first-world nations where the rule of law is upheld by authorities people should not need to defend themselves whilst out shopping.

Australia brought in strict gun control laws after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, which have significantly reduced the incidence of mass shootings, including those at the likes of schools.

So again their nation, their laws, and that's all she wrote, or do you disagree?

www.britannica.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

A first world nation that has less than first world citizens in it cannot depend on the "authorities" as evidenced by the case in point. I am advocating for defensive weapons for the citizens. Knives, swords, maces, asps, crossbows, air guns, tasers, pepper spray, or anything that would stave off aggressors until the "authorities" wandered on scene would do.

In jolly olde London towne, I understand that there are or were knife collection boxes for safe turn in of evil weapons from the untrustworthy populace. The unintended consequence of this genius concept is that they provide a supply of sharp weapons for those who break into them and want to stab others. The Aussies haven't done this, as far as I know, but both countries are tending to protect the criminal elements and sacrifice their honest citizens. They spend effort on thought crime and are looking more and more like dictatorships.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If that were the case the likes of America would not be having mass shootings occurring every other day.

heritage foundation

146 times guns were used in self defense last 90 days, estimates vary wildly between 500,000 and 2.8 million times a year in the US.

statista.com

Statista.com shows about 1200 dead from 1982-2024 from mass shootings in the US, wonder how many mass shootings were stopped in that defensive gun use.

Your hyperbole needs adjusting, a trained person with a firearm on location vs the police being minutes away might have saved that mothers life, and the pain and suffering of the baby.

ETA: more on topic, being stabbed is a horrifically up close and personal attack that can leave lasting damage to the psyche of the victim, hope the victims get treatment.
edit on 33Sat, 13 Apr 2024 12:33:47 -050033471212pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Statista.com shows about 1200 dead from 1982-2024 from mass shootings in the US, wonder how many mass shootings were stopped in that defensive gun use.

You mean Statista does not tell you how many mass shootings were stopped via defensive gun use?

Thats strange.

Might be best to worry about your own hyperbole.

On topic, i completely agree being stabbed is a horrific close and personal attack, that leaves long-lasting wounds both of the mental and physical sorts, take for instance the like of PTSD for a start.

Suffice to say different strokes for different folks, or at least thats my assessment of the matter.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And you're entitled to advocate for whatever you please.

But at the end of the day the law of the land applies.

And arming citizens with the likes of knives, swords, maces, asps, crossbows, air guns, tasers, or pepper spray, carries with it a multitude of possible concerns.

As to London well that's the perfect example of why people should not be allowed to carry around the likes of bladed weapons.

By the looks of things the Australians have the same to a similar stance where knives are concerned as they do here in the UK where the majority of people will tell you that people carrying around weapons such as blades and kitchen knives tend to end up using the things, especially so where the likes of young people are concerned.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So is it an immigrant!? That is all I want to know. And you know what I mean by that...so no we're all immigrants crap. My family didn't come from Greece just to start offing people in the US...

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

Can't really tell but here is a video of the ar@ehole in the article.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

best of luck to you and yours, we have no county police, live outside the city and 1 state trooper per 510 miles approximately, waiting for the police isnt an option for us.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And you're entitled to advocate for whatever you please.

But at the end of the day the law of the land applies.

And arming citizens with the likes of knives, swords, maces, asps, crossbows, air guns, tasers, or pepper spray, carries with it a multitude of possible concerns.

As to London well that's the perfect example of why people should not be allowed to carry around the likes of bladed weapons.

Yes, the law of the land applies, written by dolts who have paid security and don't have to worry about criminals ignoring their stifling and dangerous laws.
Is pepper spray legal in GB or does one need three permits and a lock box at the local constabulary? This would seem to be a defense against attack that would be non-fatal, although I liked the broadsword concept better.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes, the law of the land applies, written by dolts who have paid security and don't have to worry about criminals ignoring their stifling and dangerous laws.

Sounds rather paranoid, laws are there for a reason, and without such anarchy tends to become the colour of the day rather fast.

Is pepper spray legal in GB or does one need three permits and a lock box at the local constabulary?

Pepper spray is classified as a prohibited weapon in the UK under the Firearms Act 1968. This means it is illegal to possess, buy, or carry pepper spray in public places without a valid reason contrary to Section 5(1)(b) of the Firearms Act 1968.

This would seem to be a defense against attack that would be non-fatal, although I liked the broadsword concept better.

I would tend to agree there as to the Pepper spray, Police on the other hand probably not........

As to broadswords, I'm trying to picture Glasgow town center at 3am when the clubs come out, where every half-wit and disgruntled baw'bag are armed with swords.

I do believe it would be a blood bath of epic proportions, most nights of the week.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join