It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances that we are in a 'base reality''??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

Fortunately we have technology that can measure movement independent of our individual perception.

Time might be perceived as speeding up or slowing down but that is not what is happening.

We do live in our own worlds internally but we share the external world which in itself is reality.

edit on 13-4-2024 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

My point is if we are all perceiving reality differently, then we aren’t sharing the same reality.

Not only do we differ in our sensory inputs, some people are much more sensitive to tastes or smells than others for example, we also differ in our our ideas in our subjective tastes, likes and dislikes etc.. The combination of our sensory inputs and our interpretation of them makes up our reality as we know it.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

My point is if we are all perceiving reality differently, then we aren’t sharing the same reality.

Not only do we differ in our sensory inputs, some people are much more sensitive to tastes or smells than others for example, we also differ in our our ideas in our subjective tastes, likes and dislikes etc.. The combination of our sensory inputs and our interpretation of them makes up our reality as we know it.

I do agree with you on those points but there are ways to establish real measurements outwith our subjective interpretations.

You might for example be in a car crash where time appears to pass in slow motion but the camera will record the reality of time passed.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Oh yes, without a doubt we have various instruments that can detect and record objective reality much more accurately than we can. As well as things we can’t detect at all or otherwise unaware of.

The car crash analogy is an interesting one, time isn’t slowing down but the brain speeds up it’s sensory inputs and outputs so that split second decision/reaction can be made that could save our life. We perceive that as time slowing down, when in fact we have sped up.

When I was younger I used to hate fly’s getting in my room and do my best to swat them, whatever technique I tried they would get away at the last moment. I would marvel at their reactions, then it occurred to me one day, what if it perceives me as moving about in slow motion? Like some big dumb oaf? This can be proved by approaching the fly really slowly, it won’t move or attempt to get away because from its perspective you are hardly moving at all, as soon as speed up enough it perceives you and buzzes off.
In a similar vein we might think of that fly as short lived, but from its perspective because it is so fast, it’s lived equivalent of say ten of our years. It’s just everything is compressed for it because it experiences time in a completely different way than we do.

Come to think of it watching some footage of the natural world sped up or slowed down would be a good illustration of this concept.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It might also be that the fly observes you moving slowly (which you say you are) and then when you speed up, it's off.

It might also be that in the approach you get bigger as you close in.

I don't disagree with you though. I do think that in the case of the small and fast we must appear very slow.

I'm always writing silly rhymes. I once wrote one around the idea of shorter lifespans. It began with...

How many heartbeats in one life
Can satisfy both men and mice
And elephants and kangaroos
Humpback whales and pygmy shrews

Don't shoot me for the verse lol

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Dave's very busy lately, the whole quantum brain#eries is compromising code more than anything since

That "home" is supposedly not inside the simulation, it would be, in the terms of the thread, "base reality" and the description, although it is only one place out of who knows how many, fits that of heaven.

Monroe figured out why he was here and not there and he also figured out that he didn't really want to return because he had outgrown it. I guess it was a reply to the idea that simulation theory is devoid of spiritual pursuit as well as the claim that going to "heaven" is the goal.

Of course that is just one person's anecdotal experience.

edit on 13-4-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration
a reply to: CCoburn

I consider a base reality the fundamental reality, not coloured by are perceptions or projections. In other words our experience of reality isn’t reality at all.

I think there's two parts to this:

1. There is a macrocosmic reality that serves as a base medium. (objective)

2. And there are individual microcosmic perspectives that experience this "base reality" (subjective)

There are also two forms of time here. There is an external base macrocosmic timeline(physical timeline) as well as a virtually infinite array of individual microcosmic perspectives(consciousness) experienced internally by each as a passing of moments.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

A fly's reaction time is no match for those new salt shotguns. I can typically get more than one at a time. You only have to be 4 or 5 feet away.

I also think that the sense of time that insects have is very different than ours. Base reality for flies for me is "Death by shotgun". Who ever came up with it is a genius.

The world is screwed up enough without it being a simulation.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The answer is a certain “No”.

It’s like asking what is your speed, the question is relative to what?

Even the Bible itself states that there is a creator of the universe which means base reality lies in that realm and not ours.

But we were given a certain reality which we as humans may consider base.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
edit: duplicate post
edit on 16-4-2024 by ghandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think its possible. The simulation theory is only one possible answer to the question of many realities. A simulation could be true, but I dont think thats the only answer possible. Theres still the many worlds and alternate dimensions to consider. And I think there is something to the Mandela effect, so maybe somehow we are on an alternate timeline from our original reality. I dont know how we would test it though. It would be nice to have tri corders from Star Trek that measure tachyons or neutrinos or whatever and tell you what timeline you are on, but unfortunately, I dont think we have anything like that yet. So Im not sure how we could find out if we are in base reality. But I think Elon Musk is probably right. There are many things that feel out of whack about how the world is and strange things that seem to happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I think you have a really good point here. Just because reality might be a simulation doesnt make it meaningless. If this is a simulation, then someone or something created it for a reason, created all this thinking sentient data that became people for a reason, so I dont think it makes anything meaningless or consequence free. We experience consequence for our actions all the time, no matter what we believe. If its a simulation, then there is a purpose for it. And a purpose for us being in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join