It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances that we are in a 'base reality''??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Interesting article on this topic.

I'm not sold on 'simulation reality'.
But I could go along with us not being in base reality.
Perhaps in one of the outlaying layers of base reality.

NBC Elon Musk Thinks We May Be In a Simulated Reality - How to Tell

“If you assume any rate of improvement at all, games will eventually be indistinguishable from reality,” Musk said before concluding, “We’re most likely in a simulation.”

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees, giving “better than 50-50 odds” that the simulation hypothesis is correct. “I wish I could summon a strong argument against it, but I can find none,” he told NBC News MACH in an email.

The current assault on reality began with a 2003 paper by Nick Bostrom. In it, the University of Oxford philosopher laid down some blunt logic: If there are long-lived technological civilizations in the universe, and if they run computer simulations, there must be a huge number of simulated realities complete with artificial-intelligence inhabitants who may have no idea they’re living inside a game — inhabitants like us, perhaps.

These beings might imagine themselves real but would have no physical form, existing only within the simulation.

If computer-loving aliens truly exist, Bostrum argued, “we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.” And then people like Tyson and Musk found their minds blown.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

Clearly none of you have done mushrooms. The brain filters reality, we are tuned to only experience a portion of it. Consciousness in turn and our emotions filter or define our reality further. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

The part of my brain that got a little damaged when I got rearended at a stop light is the filtering part of the temporal lobe. Talk about a hard time getting used to seeing things I used to just ignore because I filtered them out as normal. Having this type of epilepsy actually opened my eyes to things most others never comprehend, but they see or hear them every day and filter them out. Do you know how many sounds come out of a dishwasher running? Do you know how it looks to see fireworks when you can see every individual flash without a filter to dampen them?

It took me years to learn to live with it, the epilepsy meds made me more sick than they helped. Being that my awareness increased ten fold, I was able to identify multiple properties of food chemistry from eating or drinking and because I had the time, I could research how things actually effect people even though people are not aware of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I still think simulation theory is disinformation.

It is being used as an excuse to live consequence free. If this is just a simulation, what does it matter what I do?

It is a way to cover up the lies we are being told that don't jive with their theories (religion).

It is also a way to keep people from spiritual pursuits.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think of it like that video game the Sims.
I’m gonna try to write this out coherently lol.

We would be the base reality because we created the Sims game.
Then if the residents in the Sims became sentient and decided to create a life simulator, that simulation they created would be 2 steps from base reality.
Then say the same thing happens again, the Sims in that game become sentient and decided to create a simulator.
And so on and so on.
It’s turtles all the way down lol

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Another possibility is that none of you are real and I am a Boltzmann Brain.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I wish they had a 'reality for dummies' book.

This is the closest thing I can think of

A VR game of the life of a guy named Roy, where you don't recall choosing to play and when you die it is game over and you go back to reality.

So the idea is that if this world is a simulation, it would be a small part of reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There must be a way to mathematically figure out if this is not base reality.
Unfortunately, I don't understand physics at all. It's mind bending to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There is a trilogy (often found in a single pdf) called "My Big TOE (Theory Of Everything)" by Thomas Campbell. It is a hefty read at 820 pages.

He's a physicist that worked at the Monroe institute studying OBEs and other states of consciousness. He and Monroe are probably the reason the simulation theory gained a little traction in the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I still think simulation theory is disinformation.

It is being used as an excuse to live consequence free. If this is just a simulation, what does it matter what I do?

It is a way to cover up the lies we are being told that don't jive with their theories (religion).

I am thinking the same. If I am some program running on someone's computer than nothing I do matters. Why should I care about anyone or should I say anything? After all it is all just bunch of computer codes written to think themselves as real, living beings while the god(the being who owns the computer this program(universe) runs on watches the show from the outside for reasons unknown to us programs).

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: Dajoos
I am thinking the same.

It is odd because Monroe, Campbell and even Mark Certo, who worked as a sound engineer in the Monroe institute seem to push forward the idea that the purpose of the simulation is spiritual growth but it isn't just believing in a particular god or savior or being told some deep truths by some guru on a mountain top.

It doesn't matter what role you play, and since reincarnation is a part of the theory, you play many roles and learn from each of them. You grow spiritually because, although you don't remember in the material life, you take all those life lessons with you.

edit on 12-4-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that yes, we likely do live in some sort of simulated reality, yet this does not mean that our reality is consequence-free, in a spiritual sense, neither does it mean we are in some way lost waifs & strays with no value and no true destination. I believe that in this reality we live in, the highest order of anything that can be preserved is information itself.

Our brains are not only consciousness generating machines, they also program a sort of 'information facsimile' of our bodies, minds, souls & spirit, which lives on after we die, returning to a base reality which we call Heaven. People who have near death experiences often describe the sense of 'coming home' when they arrive at the gates of the heavenly kingdom. They also often relate that the reality they encounter there feels 'far more real' than the reality they lived upon the Earth. They also describe seeing a greater cross section of the colour spectrum, with new colours that simply cannot be described in any meaningful way to people living on the Earth who have not had that opportunity for a fresh perspective in a more dynamic, base reality.

I am convinced that astral projection is a means of breaking our information bodies/minds/souls into another strata of the 'reality onion', and other worlds exist in the vein of dreamscapes, for example. I had a phenomenal lucid dream experience last week which reinforced that perspective, which I wrote about HERE.

The Reality Onion is full of simulated layers, in my opinion, but none of them are without consequence or purpose, God is sovereign over everything that exists, and nothing is lost, all information - including our soul & spirit - is conserved by the Almighty, the One who created the whole thing. 'Glory to God in the Highest Heaven', is a phrase having extreme relevance to this whole situation. Fight the good fight people - don't be deceived - Reality is under the control of the Almighty, nothing is without consequence or purpose.

edit on AprilSaturday2414CDT01America/Chicago-050036 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

People who have near death experiences often describe the sense of 'coming home' when they arrive at the gates of the heavenly kingdom. They also often relate that the reality they encounter there feels 'far more real' than the reality they lived upon the Earth. They also describe seeing a greater cross section of the colour spectrum, with new colours that simply cannot be described in any meaningful way to people living on the Earth who have not had that opportunity for a fresh perspective in a more dynamic, base reality.

High doses of dimethyltriptamine do the same to the T...

Also our brain is naturally flooded at birth and at death with D M T.

That is until our Mao-glands are activated and it gets broken down.

Biochemistry is a great tool to hack the firewall

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
Monroe talks about visiting "home" in one of his books. Feels like you are suspended in a cloud with beautiful colors washing over you while heavenly music plays in the background. He stuck around just long enough to realize the colors and music were on a loop and realized why he had left in the first place, it was boring.

I actually had a lucid dream that fit that description when I was in my mid teens. That is why I mention Monroe so much, my personal experience, from before I even read his books, just fit what he describes.

Did he get it right? Who knows but one thing I honestly believe is that if this is just VR, the guy in charge of running the holodeck isn't "Almighty", probably just a guy called Dave.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Quick call I.T. Dave, we've got one that sees...

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

....it was boring

I get the notion. But maybe that's just the waiting room/hotline cue...

Dave's very busy lately, the whole quantum brain#eries is compromising code more than anything since

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think for good or bad this three dimensional reality is all there is. There are no other dimensions. It's like that stupid example often used of one dimension being a line and two being a flat plane. You can't have either of those.

I don't believe that time is anything other than measurement of relative movement.

Sadly this reality will never be enough for some.

edit on 13-4-2024 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well this is actually four-dimensional reality: three spatial plus time, and in M-theory they talk about eleven dimensions. This topic is new to me, but base reality sounds like a root reality which is what would remain after an existential reduction to that which is most fundamental and something that is required for this four-dimensional existence to even be possible.

One theory is that it is the time dimension that is a root factor prior the creation of the spatial dimensions as in an eternal consciousness would not require space for its existence but would actually create the space.

Other theories eliminate space and time altogether, so as usual within these types of discussions you are left with a bunch of absurdities to deal with. Why? Well oddly enough it appears that logic and reason was also created and only applicable to the current reality but not outside of or beyond it.

The above could have something to do with laws and order being born out of chaos or just that by default a root reality transcends our conventional ways of thinking and rationalizing.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

I would eliminate space as well as time.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yet you’re experience of this reality limited by your perception. Time can be perceived as speeding up or slowing down depending on what you are doing, a glass of liquid can be perceived as half full or half empty depending on if you have a positive or negative outlook. What you consider reality is just your interpretation of what actually is. Each of literally live in our worlds.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

I consider a base reality the fundamental reality, not coloured by are perceptions or projections. In other words our experience of reality isn’t reality at all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join