It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 11, Barred From Starting a Faith Club but Classmates are Allowed Pride Group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
... how would the prayer sessions work with all the various faiths?

That would be up to the kids participating. Probably just like all the other interfaith get togethers and prayers that happen in public places. They have interfaith prayers on the House floor before getting down to business ... I"m sure these kids having an interfaith prayer before getting down to their business of community service would go much the same way.

Same way with the LGBTQ Pride club. How would the LGBTQ Pride Club work with all the various sexualities that incorporates? The kids all get to know each other and learn about each other and figure out how to get along so everyone gets included.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

... how would the prayer sessions work with all the various faiths?

That would be up to the kids participating. Probably just like all the other interfaith get togethers and prayers that happen in public places. They have interfaith prayers on the House floor before getting down to business ... I"m sure these kids having an interfaith prayer before getting down to their business of community service would go much the same way.

Same way with the LGBTQ Pride club. How would the LGBTQ Pride Club work with all the various sexualities that incorporates? The kids all get to know each other and learn about each other and figure out how to get along so everyone gets included.

If it is a prayer club then the business at hand is just prayer it appears. Where is there any mention of community service?

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If it is a prayer club then the business at hand is just prayer it appears. Where is there any mention of community service?

Go to the link. Read the article. It's the second paragraph.

An eleven-year-old girl's application to start a prayer group to bring together students of different faith backgrounds to 'serve their community' was rejected by Creekside Elementary School in Sammamish, Washington.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: lilzazz

11 year old's and even younger, are more sexually aware than you can imagine in this day and age of www, cyber everything.

.......trying to justify the sexualisation of 11 year olds?

......trying to put words in my mouth and backhanded insults? It was just an observation!

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

originally posted by: Annee

What does a Pride club have to do with religion?

Every time this comes up — it’s:

“But they have a Pride club”

What does a Pride club have to do with school ?

You mean where children learn?

So why not include a club to learn about all religions? See how YOUR prejudice is showing?
You are just anti-religion , pro Pride club , admit it.

Here’s an idea.

Let all the churches start an LGBTQ+ support group in their facility.

You are doing everything possible to avoid saying why the schools should not be including interfaith clubs.

There are many parents against religion in schools.

They will complain to the American Atheists. American Atheists will file a lawsuit.

Some schools have eliminated all clubs. Some have allowed Satanist clubs to keep the Christian clubs.

Equality or nothing.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
11 year old's and even younger, are more sexually aware than you can imagine in this day and age of www, cyber everything.

They are naturally interested in sexuality, on the verge of adolescence and very curious and discuss all aspects of human sexuality among themselves.

It's not Mayberry anymore, Barn....

I don’t need to read into this any further than what is stated here to see how this rationalization is exactly how Minor Attracted People think.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

They are naturally interested in sexuality, on the verge of adolescence and very curious and discuss all aspects of human sexuality among themselves.

I don’t need to read into this any further than what is stated here to see how this rationalization is exactly how Minor Attracted People think.

Then research and read the science.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When I was 11 I wasn't. I didn't get 'curious' until 14 or so. Maybe that's different. Or maybe that's how it naturally goes when sex crap isn't shoved in your face all day in a school.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There are many parents against the LGBTQ indoctrination agenda in schools.

Equality or nothing.

Yeah ... if there is a LGBTQ Pride club, and a Green club, and a dozen other clubs ... then EQUALITY says that an 11 year old girl can have an interfaith community service club.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Then research and read the science.

It’s very amusing to me when people who believe there are 47 genders tell me to ‘read the science’ as they defend pedophilia.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There are many parents against the LGBTQ indoctrination agenda in schools.

Equality or nothing.

Yeah ... if there is a LGBTQ Pride club, and a Green club, and a dozen other clubs ... then EQUALITY says that an 11 year old girl can have an interfaith community service club.

No she can't.

Separation of Church and State.

Or maybe she can if a Satanist club is also allowed.

Again -- you're using LGBTQ+ social support as a reason not to have a religious belief club.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't we all love when the Pedophilia excuse gets dropped because of ignorance.

Kind of like Communism and Nazi's thrown into the discussion.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

......trying to put words in my mouth and backhanded insults?

Not at all.
Just pointing out that its the sort of excuse/justification that some paedophiles use.
If I thought for one minute you were actually a nonce I would quite openly state that rather than clearly stating that I don't think you are.

It was just an observation!

And so was my comment.

edit on 10/4/24 by Freeborn because: Fix quote

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Separation of Church and State.

There is no such thing as separation of church and state like that.

The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

An 11 year old girl having an interfaith community service group after school is NOT 'congress making a law establishing a religion'. It's just kids of like mind and belief getting together to do community service ... probably going to parks and picking up trash, or volunteering at the town library, or holding bake sales with proceeds going to a senior center ... stuff like that.

So YES ... if kiddies can have a LGBTQ Pride club where they celebrate their sexuality, then the same age kiddies can have an interfaith community service club where they hold bake sales for the town senior center (or whatever 'community service' thing they decide).

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
🥱 that’s it? Really? Pathetic.

Good job trying to get some “shock value” out of something you probably thought a lot of people didn’t know. Not gonna work.

It’s funny that you bring up ignorance. Guess what? There is a huge difference between a couple kids playing “doctor” on a play date (this is done completely innocently BECAUSE of a child’s ignorance to what they are doing) and a school hosting a motherfn club where instead it is encouraged to talk about those things, and guess what else? When a bunch of kids start talking about doing things, it leads to them doing things.

You are the ignorant one. Ignorant to the fact that some things happen naturally and other things happen cause you stuck a bunch of kids in a room together AND TOLD THEM TO TALK ABOUT SEX.
What is worse is that you are also arrogant in your opinions while also being ignorant.

You are not a child. Your ignorance is not innocent, it’s malicious. Same with everyone else in your lot with these disgusting opinions. These kinds of clubs are what lead to unsafe sex, child pedophilia (cause guess what else? There’s a teacher or teachers there with them “supervising” the club), and rape.

Good to know you support those things.

a reply to: Annee

edit on 10-4-2024 by Sisavran because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Go to the link. Read the article. It's the second paragraph.

An eleven-year-old girl's application to start a prayer group to bring together students of different faith backgrounds to 'serve their community' was rejected by Creekside Elementary School in Sammamish, Washington.

Yes, I see that and it's also in the lawyer's letter to the school, but the reason for denial seems to be timing only, not an anti-religious sentiment, to me, any way.

firstliberty.org...
edit on q00000033430America/Chicago3737America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You asked - "Where is there any mention of community service?"
So I showed you.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So I showed you.

Yes, now I am commenting on why the request was denied as per the lawyer's letter to the school representatives.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So I showed you.

Yes, now I am commenting on why the request was denied as per the lawyer's letter to the school representatives.

Maybe. But I’ve followed many of these.

The typical “you can get away with something til someone complains”.

Many parents today do not want religion in public schools. Even just a club.

It does open the door to equal rights and establishing an atheist or satanic club.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So I showed you.

Maybe. But I’ve followed many of these.

The typical “you can get away with something til someone complains”.

Many parents today do not want religion in public schools. Even just a club.

It does open the door to equal rights and establishing an atheist or satanic club.

It's obvious that this particular elementary school has all non-religious clubs, maybe all of the parents of the school should have their say in this matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join