It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 11, Barred From Starting a Faith Club but Classmates are Allowed Pride Group

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Religion and LGBTQ+ -- have nothing to do with each other.

It's the exact same premise.

The kids want an interfaith community service group that is based on faiths that call for community service. People of like mind coming together to help the community. It's no different than the LGBTQ Pride group coming together with people of like mind to be 'proud of their sexuality'.

The interfaith group wants people of faith excluding those who aren't.
The Pride group wants people who are LGBTQ excluding those who aren't.

SAME/SAME.

No amount of your anti-god bias and woke indoctrination will change that.

Bill of Rights: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...".

You can have a religious group -- as long as you allow ALL beliefs.

Welcome - After School Satan Club.

Where did the little girl's group outline say Satan people are excluded? 😃 They didn't. You did. Your words not their's.

Do you enjoy rephrasing the same questions/statements over and over? 😃

And by the way -- straight students are not excluded from LGBTQ+ groups.

Most today are called "Gay, Straight, Alliance".

So Satan worshipers are not excluded like you suggested? Seems they are not excluded like you suggested. 😀 Your points are washed and drained now.

Are you a lawyer?

You ask questions like you are. Like I'm on the witness stand. You ask the same questions several times re-phrased -- like I'm going to give you a different answer.

Just to be clear -- I am not on a witness stand.

Back to you: How many Christians are going to attend a Satanist club? They have free choice to do so.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The kids want an interfaith community service group that is based on faiths that call for community service. People of like mind coming together to help the community. It's no different than the LGBTQ Pride group coming together with people of like mind to be 'proud of their sexuality'.

SAME/SAME.

Bill of Rights: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...".

Where did the little girl's group outline say Satan people are excluded? 😃 They didn't. You did. Your words not their's.

So Satan worshipers are not excluded like you suggested? Seems they are not excluded like you suggested. 😀 Your points are washed and drained now.

Are you a lawyer?

You ask questions like you are. Like I'm on the witness stand. You ask the same questions several times re-phrased -- like I'm going to give you a different answer.

Back to you: How many Christians are going to attend a Satanist club? They have free choice to do so.

Sorry can't help with your deflections that don't address the points of the Topic. You need to clarify and fully understand the issue with this, not the hypotheticals that are meaningless. 😃

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

SAME/SAME.

Are you a lawyer?

Sorry can't help with your deflections that don't address the points of the Topic. You need to clarify and fully understand the issue with this, not the hypotheticals that are meaningless. 😃

Observations are not deflections.

I was raised Chrisitan. I've been on both sides.

The persecution complex is really over-the-top.

I am sure the majority of school clubs are open to anyone who is interested.

You want me to answer if Satanists can go to the Interfaith club.

But you don't want to respond to Christians going to the Satanists club.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Observations are not deflections..

You didn't answer my question.

You quoted this as if it was a reason why the little girl couldn't have her group - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

How exactly is an 11 year old girl creating an interfaith community service club .. the same as Congress making a law establishing a religion?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

SAME/SAME.

Are you a lawyer?

Your words not mine. You are circumventing again. Nothing in your above post addresses the Topic issues.

You must have a reason for deflecting like this! I bet you must know there's actually nothing unconstitutional about the little girl's request and her club group. The school's admins must be under some kind of pressure from (or being instructed by) an anti religious group that's well funded and specifically anti Christian. Too much bitterness to be just a coincidence. 😃

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SAME/SAME.

Are you a lawyer?

Your words not mine. You are circumventing again. Nothing in your above post addresses the Topic issues.

You must have a reason for deflecting like this! I bet you must know there's actually nothing unconstitutional about the little girl's request and her club group. The school's admins must be under some kind of pressure from (or being instructed by) an anti religious group that's well funded and specifically anti Christian. Too much bitterness to be just a coincidence. 😃

Do I understand you want a "black and white" answer? Yes, I do.

Too bad.

My opinion is the answer I'm giving you.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

SAME/SAME.

Are you a lawyer?

Too bad.

As suspected. You attempt to sell off "Opinions" as "Facts". There's nothing illegal or unconstitutional about this little girl forming her group. 💥😀

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

SAME/SAME.

Are you a lawyer?

Too bad.

As suspected. You attempt to sell off "Opinions" as "Facts". There's nothing illegal or unconstitutional about this little girl forming her group. 💥😀

I provided a factual lawsuit where it cost a public/government school $200,000.

Which means it can happen at any/all public/government schools.

You want me to respond to: "Did it specifically happen at this particular public/government school?"

That's redundant.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No you didn't. 💥 Different issue completely.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I personally don't have any issue with any club or activity as long as it isn't pushing indoctrination or dogmas. My Junior High School had a youth group leader from a local church come during lunch and ask kids if they wanted to go to a Bible study during that hour. It was fun, I actually went. It was nothing heavy. There was a quick read of some scripture, a nice good moral lesson, a game or activity, and a quick prayer. And if you didn't feel like praying, or it wasn't your thing, all good. Nothing preachy. The school was on board because apparently they'd worked it out with his church and we were even allowed a field trip or two, over to the church or other event. With permission slips signed, of course.

In a context like that I see no issue with an inter-faith group. Just some kids wanting to do community out reach and hey they have something in common that could be beneficial to forming friendships and the like.

Same with an LGBTQ club if I'm fair. As long as there is no pushing indoctrination or dogmas.

But on that subject and age group, I sincerely feel there is an agenda to popularize it and sexualize children. Which unfortunately gets in the way of kids with actual gender dysphoria or other mental health struggles getting the real help that they need. In favor of sexualizing kids and promoting sexual lifestyles at early ages.

So I have major reservations with a club like that.

And that isn't to say I wouldn't have similar reservations with a faith based club if it was pushing some of their ideals.

No problem with Satanists either. Admittedly I don't know to much about them, but recall hearing somewhere that by and large they are atheist organizations.

edit on 4-15-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The 'left coast' is at it again. Well .. is this fair?

A Washington state school allows LGBTQ student groups and Green student groups and a dozen other student clubs, but it won't allow an 'Interfaith Group' student after-hours club that wants people of different faiths to get together to serve the community. The school hasn't said why it isn't allowing the club and requests by the student and the students lawyer for the school to explain it's reasoning have gone unanswered.

This would be an after school club, and interfaith, so no prayers on official school time would be going on.

Either allow them all ... or forbid them all.

Girl 11, barred from starting a faith club but classmates are allowed Pride group

A Washington state school is being accused of violating a 5th grader's First Amendment's religious freedom protections by denying her request to establish an on-campus interfaith prayer club.

An eleven-year-old girl's application to start a prayer group to bring together students of different faith backgrounds to 'serve their community' was rejected by Creekside Elementary School in Sammamish, Washington. However, Creekside permits over a dozen other 'non-religious clubs' to meet including a Pride Club, which is a 'safe space' for educating students and staff on 'LGBTQIA+ history and people,' according to the school's website.

Principal Amy Allison also allows a Green Team, focused on making the school 'more sustainable,' Marimba Club, Chess Club and Student Council among other secular groups.

'Denying the formation of a religious student club while allowing other clubs violates the Constitution,' Kayla Toney, associate counsel at First Liberty Institute, told DailyMail.com.

from the article:
😃

Toney goes on to say that that as the Supreme Court's holding in Kennedy's case made clear, the 'First Amendment protects the ability of students and employees to express their faith in public schools.'

Based on Supreme Court precedent in the neighboring school district, Issaquah School District must allow the prayer club immediately, she continues.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Still waiting.

You didn't answer my question.

You quoted this as if it was a reason why the little girl couldn't have her group - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

How exactly is an 11 year old girl creating an interfaith community service club .. the same as Congress making a law establishing a religion?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join