It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmaker says Russian propaganda has 'infected a good chunk' of GOP base

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I'd love for these clowns to provide one single example. They are, of course, referring mostly to memes that they can't even prove the origination of. I mean, really? Libs are the ones that get their news from memes.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ummm...and the rest are infected with western propaganda...?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: 5thHead

Are we sure that picture is real? No photoshop or anything?
Cuz' if it's real, I'm feeling like I want to throw up.
You know what poor elderly people in THIS country could do with that AMERICAN tax money?
Feed themselves and put roofs over their heads.

Honestly, I have no idea. I just saw the picture and thought I'd post it. It never even occurred to me that it could be fake till I read your post.

Being fake could explain some of the awkward body language, but I don't know. Seems pretty real to me.

Which is evidence that propaganda works.

That said, I don’t think it’s a bad thing for politicians to be critical of our involvement in wars.

Both sides resort to name calling if someone is skeptical though. The right are Russia sympathizers, people critical of Israel are Hamas supporters, allegedly.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

I'd love for these clowns to provide one single example. They are, of course, referring mostly to memes that they can't even prove the origination of. I mean, really? Libs are the ones that get their news from memes.

And another funny thing is the libs and rinos never have a rational answer as to why it’s a good idea that the US should continue throwing taxpayer money at Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Which is evidence that propaganda works.

Meh, I don't know that it "worked". It didn't change my mind at all.

Plus I don't know if the pic is even supposed to be propaganda. It's prolly just supposed to be funny. Like what everyone is already thinking.

It didn't take much effort or take too long to figure out it wasn't real. If people in the GOP fall for random pictures and memes on the Internet without questioning the source, then we have bigger problems than Russian propaganda.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

"I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with memes."

-Albert Einstein
edit on 7-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Eta - notice those are Benjamins. US currency.

Noticed a really bad Photoshop...lol

How did you get so many stars...

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You know what poor elderly people in THIS country could do with that AMERICAN tax money?

Poor Americans... that is rich...

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Unfortunately people don’t mind hyperbole as long as it fits their narrative.

In this very polarized climate, people give a pass to the things that affirm their beliefs. So people don’t sit to question bold claims if it comes from their side. But hot damn, they’ll pull out the book of logical fallacies if it’s something critical of their side.

This age of normalized hyperbole is what is tearing at the fabric IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Being fake could explain some of the awkward body language, but I don't know. Seems pretty real to me.

Do you also believe in flat earth?

BOOM!

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's just stupid as it seems to be what people use as their main point in their arguments.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It's just stupid as it seems to be what people use as their main point in their arguments.

Which is sad, because there’s so much factual ammunition out there for every issue you don’t have to resort to tabloid tier arguements.
edit on 7-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Honestly, I have no idea. I just saw the picture and thought I'd post it. It never even occurred to me that it could be fake till I read your post.

That pic may be fake, but that imagery is probably all too real of reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

That pic may be fake, but that imagery is probably all too real of reality.

And there’s little doubt Putin is a billionaire from a lifetime of government work. Russia is being supplied by Iran and North Korea with a soft alliance with China.

All those baddies allied with a nation, and for some reason we’re to think we may have them misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If you want to know if a photo is real or where it came from, post it to the Internet. It didn't take long to find out.

Like I said. If the GOP is basing war time policy off of random Internet pics without questioning them then that's a problem. (Hard to believe)

If you post a picture on the Internet and discuss it... You might learn something.

Seriously, with how fast you guys called out this photo it's hard to believe anyone truly gets duped by this kind of thing.

In my mind it just debunks the idea that Russian Internet propaganda has any effect. Even if you don't know it's BS then someone else will and they will tell you.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Do you also believe in flat earth?

BOOM!

No. How does that relate to discussing a picture? I just saw a pic and wondered what people here would think about it.

Took about 5 minutes to find out it was shopped.

Eta - I also never said I believed anything. And the sentence above the picture I posted ends in a question mark.

edit on 5301200America/Chicagoam08 by 5thHead because: Barf

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You posted it with the assumption that it was real. Now ask yourself how many other people out there would post that or just hangout with the same gullible crowd and show that either knowing or not knowing it was a complete fake meant to fool gullible and easily influenced folks.
You fell for it and are trying to to PR your way out.
The point of this thread has been made extremely clear and an example of it is right here on this very thread.
This is not good and you should reflect on this but that you Now know about yourself.
edit on 8-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

Above the picture was a sentence that ended with a question mark. I didn't believe anything.

I also was the one that proved that it was fake.

Whatever. Lol . Believe what you want.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: budzprime69
The point of this thread has been made extremely clear and an example of it is right here on this very thread.

So, posting a pic on ATS and finding it's shopped a few minutes later proves the GOP is infected with Russian propaganda?

Ok. I guess I have a different definition of proof.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Are you blind? Stop posting obvious fake pictures.

<< 1    3 >>

join