It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmaker says Russian propaganda has 'infected a good chunk' of GOP base

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As Democrats and Establishment Republicans continue to beat the war drums, with the goal of supplying more fuel to the several foreign conflicts that are currently unfolding around the world; they are now turning their attention to the enemy at home. In a Mccarthy esque style of debt the war halks in congress have turned to "outing" their more reluctant colleagues as Russian sympathizers and propagandists.

Republican lawmaker says Russian propaganda has 'infected a good chunk' of GOP base

House Foreign Affairs Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) made comments during an interview with Puck, warning that Russian propaganda has "infected" a portion of the GOP base. House Intelligence Chairman Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) joins CNN's Jake Tapper to discuss.

CNN

GOP Rep. Mike Turner: Russian propaganda is 'being uttered on the House floor'

GOP Rep. Mike Turner said Sunday that Russian propaganda has taken hold among some of his House Republican colleagues and is even "being uttered on the House floor."

"We see directly coming from Russia ... communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor," Turner, chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union."

"There are members of Congress today who still incorrectly say that this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is over NATO, which of course it is not," he added.

"[The propaganda] makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle, which is what it is," Turner told CNN, adding, "President Xi of China, Vladimir Putin himself have identified as such."

NBC

History has shown us that if we allow decent in congress over important maters such as war it is tantamount to giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

What should the establishment Republicans do to root these Russian sympathizers from their ranks and out of congress?

All of this reminds of the "No war for Oil" messaging the pro-iraq propagandists where putting forth in and outside of congress back at the turn of the century.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

As Democrats and Establishment Republicans continue to beat the war drums, with the goal of supplying more fuel to the several foreign conflicts that are currently unfolding around the world; they are now turning their attention to the enemy at home. In a Mccarthy esque style of debt the war halks in congress have turned to "outing" their more reluctant colleagues as Russian sympathizers and propagandists.

House Foreign Affairs Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) made comments during an interview with Puck, warning that Russian propaganda has "infected" a portion of the GOP base. House Intelligence Chairman Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) joins CNN's Jake Tapper to discuss.

CNN

GOP Rep. Mike Turner: Russian propaganda is 'being uttered on the House floor'

GOP Rep. Mike Turner said Sunday that Russian propaganda has taken hold among some of his House Republican colleagues and is even "being uttered on the House floor."

"We see directly coming from Russia ... communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor," Turner, chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union."

"There are members of Congress today who still incorrectly say that this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is over NATO, which of course it is not," he added.

"[The propaganda] makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle, which is what it is," Turner told CNN, adding, "President Xi of China, Vladimir Putin himself have identified as such."

NBC

History has shown us that if we allow decent in congress over important maters such as war it is tantamount to giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

What should the establishment Republicans do to root these Russian sympathizers from their ranks and out of congress?

All of this reminds of the "No war for Oil" messaging the pro-iraq propagandists where putting forth in and outside of congress back at the turn of the century.

Established republicans, that is code for rino's. Give up the Russia narrative already. This is is being rinsed and repeated ad nauseum.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe it's not propaganda?

Look how he's holding his hostage. Or girlfriend or whatever. She does not look happy.

Eta - notice those are Benjamins. US currency.
edit on 5300315America/Chicagopm07 by 5thHead because: Bling bling

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Are we sure that picture is real? No photoshop or anything?
Cuz' if it's real, I'm feeling like I want to throw up.
You know what poor elderly people in THIS country could do with that AMERICAN tax money?
Feed themselves and put roofs over their heads.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's a meme, even says so on the picture

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Hollow lies abound when dems are in control.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What exactly did these "Russian Propagandists" say? And what is the "truth" that justifies tens of billions of our tax dollars going towards supporting a war on the other side of the globe?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Am I expected to believe that Russia is so incompetent that they are bumbling through Ukraine and will be repelled any day and that all of Russia is on the verge of imploding.

while simultaneously holding the view that they are so cunning and tricky that they have the majority of an American political party wrapped around their finger going right up to the president. And the American intelligence agencies have totally let it slip.

Serious double think going on here.

Also that picture is fake that’s an old drugs cartel cash stash that has been making the rounds on the net for more than a decade. Has nothing to do with Ukraine.

a reply to: Dandandat3

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You know what poor elderly people in THIS country could do with that AMERICAN tax money?

Honestly, I have no idea. I just saw the picture and thought I'd post it. It never even occurred to me that it could be fake till I read your post.

Being fake could explain some of the awkward body language, but I don't know. Seems pretty real to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You also have Zelensky’s wife flying around Paris and New York at high end jewelry stores past year.

While acting puppy eyed teared campaigning for more money and “aid” sent over there.

And the other money laundering scandals recently that have been running rampant like where Zelensky’s minister of defense being ousted for corruption etc.

Ukraine’s defence minister resigns after Zelenskiy removes him from post

Oleksii Reznikov, whose ministry has been hit by corruption scandals, said he had written to the chair of Ukraine’s parliament, Ruslan Stefanchuk, confirming that he was stepping down.

“It was an honour to serve the Ukrainian people and work for the #UAarmy for the last 22 months, the toughest period of Ukraine’s modern history,” Reznikov posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Reznikov noted that Ukraine had liberated “over 50%” of the territory temporarily occupied by Russia, and added: “Every day our defenders are moving forward.”

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 7-4-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin

It's a meme, even says so on the picture

I'm sorry, I can't seem to find what you're talking about.

Where does it say that?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

you sure thats not a fake image?

Portrait Of Bravery: Ukraine’s First Lady, Olena Zelenska - Vogue 26/07/2022

I'm not a Photoshop expert, but I can tell you the lady's head isn't taken from that picture. Or at least her hair isn't.

Eta - and the rest of her face.... It's not the same pic.
edit on 5300517America/Chicagopm07 by 5thHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How soon they forget how hard they were once selling a "reset" with Russia! I feel that the propaganda here is neglecting everyone and everything that led to this point. Uranium one now would look like the actions of traitors if all this is true. Or the debate response about the cold war wanting its foreign policy back! Not sorry at all for disagreeing with the Ukraine VS Russia War. Since the first we heard about the Ukraine was all from Obamas administration! As we recall when Joe bragged about withholding financial aid to get a prosecutor fired. The very same administration that tried to sell us on the Russian reset! Then post Obama everything was Russia, Russia over Trump. Funny how that worked. It's almost as if they needed a boogie man to misdirect the public......

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's for sure infected a base. But not The G.O.P. base. 😀

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

Also that picture is fake that’s an old drugs cartel cash stash that has been making the rounds on the net for more than a decade. Has nothing to do with Ukraine.

Thanx. The cartel reference helped me find the original (I'm assuming)

Sorry folks. Not trying to spread Russian propaganda. (Great, now I'm prolly on some terrorist list 😞)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The currency might really be Russian! ❗️💥

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If you look closely, through the doorway, you will see, grandoldmemes.

Grandoldmemes
edit on 7-4-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join