It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Banning Menthol Cigarettes - Good Health Move or Government Overreach?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The short answer is BOTH.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: budzprime69

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: HawtStuhf

a reply to: bluesman023

Do you know why liquor stores did not close during lockdown?
They absolutely will go on to fully ban cigs...but the drink?
Not going to happen.

Alcoholics would go through withdrawl, that's why they stayed open.

YUP, so I don't think they will ban the drink.
Well not in my lifetime so at the very least 1yr to 35yrs

They will never ban alcohol. It makes us docile and stupid — just how they want us.

A good argument to that would be the whole weed thing but the economic history behind the weeds could counter that.
I think I just argued my own counter...Good morning

Until they invented the dab pen.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

They are also banning Backwoods and all tobacco wraps. Companies have had 2 years to switch to healthier alternatives like cbd infused wraps which sell very well.

There is nothing healthy about any of it.
If you are banning menthol cigarettes for being unhealthy,
then why aren't you banning all the others? It's all unhealthy.
This makes no sense.

Because they are racist.

Really. There is no other reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You get what you tolerate.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Time to start a business to fill a demand.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

Not going to happen.

They will never ban alcohol. It makes us docile and stupid — just how they want us.

I believe at this point they would need a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol again, and Democrats would prefer to just make executive orders and sign things in to law. They just want to do what they want without having to get votes.

That would make them...gasp...a threat to democracy...dun dun dun

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Perhaps nicotine likes same cell receptors that certain diseases like and blocks them.

Preparing the ground anyone?

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know who else banned cigarrettes?

We all the the guy.

I'm gonna name drop.

You guessed it correctly.

HITLER!

Dun. Dun. Duuuuun.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

They are also banning Backwoods and all tobacco wraps. Companies have had 2 years to switch to healthier alternatives like cbd infused wraps which sell very well.

There is nothing healthy about any of it.
If you are banning menthol cigarettes for being unhealthy,
then why aren't you banning all the others? It's all unhealthy.
This makes no sense.

I agree its all unhealthy, but the cigarette lobby would like a word. They are extremely powerful.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm gonna point to the elephant in the room and say the problem is NOT menthol cigarettes, the problem is candy flavored disposable vape pens. The kids are using that stuff, a LOT of kids. And the government doesn't give a #. Let's talk about that.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

They want to ban cigarettes but it’s still totally fine with them if you smoke a joint, which is as unhealthy as smoking 5 cigarettes.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Crazy ain't it? This is definitely the Twilight Zone.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Not going to happen.

A good argument to that would be the whole weed thing but the economic history behind the weeds could counter that.
I think I just argued my own counter...Good morning

Until they invented the dab pen.

I don't know what others tell ya, but I don't touch that stuff.
It is my understanding that from the moment you do you then immediately turn to the crack. I'm very keen on not doing the Crack stuffs. But I am also told cigs kills more than the Crack so maybe that "CBD" pen wouldn't be such a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It wasn't too long ago that Democrats and the media were telling us non-stop how Trump was a threat to democracy and was going to be a dictator if elected. Those same people are quiet as church mice when it comes to Biden 's executive orders and bans.

I think this is a clear sign that Biden's controllers realize he won't be President much longer. Let him make the unpopular edicts. Banning gas stoves, gasoline autos, diesel trucks, guns, on and on. Things Congress would never pass legislation on. Democrats will later say, "We didn't do that. That was Biden, and he's gone now." Of course, there will be no attempt to undo all those unconstitutional executive actions. All the responsibility will fall on someone who is either dead or has disappeared from public view.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

You should really not be using a vape my man.
The wall it builds inside your lungs make it extremely difficult to get a good hearing of your lungs.
Like for real throw that crap away and get pipe tobacco or something. But STOP VAPE...or just hit it very rarely. I am being super cereal man

I would agree with this. I don't have any proof, or science, or articles to link to but vapes just feel bad in my lungs. It's like water in my lungs. It's like my body is telling me vapes are way worse than smoking and I'm going to listen to my body.

Y'all vaping pens or the full on tornado vapor stuff that sets off smoke alarms? I quit 11 years ago and started vaping later, but I just do the pens and it doesn't seem to do anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I smoke cigarettes like a chimney. Never been into menthol because they hurt my throat like sandpaper. In Cali they claimed that banning menthol helps black people hehe.

The new law protects Black Californians by correcting the mistake made in a 2009 federal law that banned all flavored cigarettes except menthol cigarettes.12 Big Tobacco aggressively lobbied to keep their deadly menthol cigarettes on the market. It’s estimated that over 237,000 Black deaths would have been prevented by 2050 if menthol cigarettes had been included in the 2009 ban.

For decades, Big Tobacco worked hard to keep menthol cigarettes cheap and accessible to Black communities. Tobacco industry documents reveal aggressive targeting of the African American/Black community, with more tobacco ads in predominantly African American/Black neighborhoods.

Even more alarming, studies have found cigarettes are cheaper in Black neighborhoods, particularly menthol cigarettes.15 The tobacco industry has even gone so far as to hand out free packs of cigarettes in African American/Black neighborhoods.

Oh no! Cheap cigarettes! Those bastards!!!

www.undo.org...

How racist is that?? Hehe. Yes only Black people smoke menthol. Glad there are white saviors here to help. Its a vast racist cigarette conspiracy. The only person I know who smokes menthol cigarettes is a white girl and she coughs up a lung constantly so I think there must be something with the menthol doing that because I smoke way more than her and I dont cough at all.
edit on 4-4-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I smoked for many years and then vaped for a while. Now I chew nicotine gum and I feel much better.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Not a good political demographic move for Biden.
Non-Hispanic Black smokers make up the overwhelmingly highest percentage of menthol cigarette smokers in the US.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: TzarChasm

What they don't tell you is that Brad is 17 and on probation after his girlfriend's dad found out where she got the gummies.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Glad there are white saviors here to help.

Yeah, they are called Democrats.

The only person I know who smokes menthol cigarettes is a white girl

That's because you don't know any black people. But I bet that white girl that smokes menthol does.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join