It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Jesus

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: quintessentone

I've been focusing most of my attentions to the Homefront but I understand things are getting heated in Europe and the Middle East again....Jihad, Holy Wars, the threat of Russia using nukes.

It does say that that the world will be consumed by fire in the End Times.

I always though that meant when the sun becvame a Red Giant and swallowed the Earth, but Nuclear Annihilation isn't off the table.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Personally, I don't think it will happen.

From what I understand there are forces that have the ability to disarm Nuclear Weapons from functioning properly.

Angels perhaps?
edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Personally, I don't think it will happen.

From what I understand there are forces that have the ability to disarm Nuclear Weapons from functioning properly.

Angels perhaps?

Well then, that's different. Let's hope they care more for us then we do for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I think we're gonna be alright.

There's gonna be a lot of unhappy people doing horrible things out there, but I think overall, we're gonna be alright.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Once again, im on the fence chiefsmom.

As to the rhyming, i think the fellow who authored the video used to be a member here, need to take that up with him.

But you have to admit he did raise some rather interesting questions pertaining to the notion of free will.

Most of which remain unresolved.

As to belief in reincarnation, well that's often tied to the idea of karma.

Which would seem to suggest that individuals are reborn into different circumstances based on their past actions.

Imho the concept is about providing a sense of justice or moral accountability.

Then there is the fact that people who choose to entertain the notion of reincarnation resign themselves to their current circumstances based on the belief of actions from past lives.

There are problems with the theory of reincarnation just like there are all the rest.

edit on 2-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If I may, God is kind and Merciful, reincarnation would make sense for some aspects of his Creation, that they can learn and grow at their own pace so no Soul with potential gets lost in the mix prematurely, or in the case of some called to the path of the Bodhisattava such as the Buddhist believe, or those who choose to be reincarnated to serve God's mission of the cessation of suffering and helping to lead others to the Light of Nirvana (Heaven).

However, I do believe there is a Final Judgement for those who consistently choose the wicked paths, and He will levy that Judgement at His Discretion, in His Own Time, in His Own Manner. (Different dimensions, planes of incarnation, densities, etc...etc..)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It's not me you need to convince GENERAL EYES.

But as a whole Christianity does not believe in reincarnation.

The teachings of the Bible, don't mention reincarnation as far as I'm aware.

It's more about emphasizing the idea of a single life followed by an eternal afterlife in heaven.

As to final judgments, well heaven is a monarchy, no real surprise there as to their being judgments and decrees.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If the Bible is written for the Jews and Christians, it may be because it's meant for our pathways because of how He created US, not how he created the wealth of other people or cultures or subreferential dieties that are worshipped.

The God I beleive in is the Source, the Alpha and Omega, from whom ALL Creation derives.

Looking around this world with all his varied peoples and cultures, He is indeed at True Creator and loves beautiful and harmonious diversities.

It is from this Ultimate Source, that Everything springs.

Even the Fallen Ones, who wage war on this Earth.

The Greatest Story Ever Told, From Whence All Other Stories Originate.

Love stories, conflict stories, war stories, redemption arcs...it's all the Great Play.

We are but the Created, born into this World to play our parts.

Some recieve and afterlife, some cease to exist, some are held in a buffer matrix until the time is right for them to enter the gameboard again, some are deleted forever, some consigned to the hell realms.

But now we're getting into cosmological big bang theory, the Buddhist Dharma and Reincarnation Cycles and Hell Realms, the concepts of Heaven and Vahalla, Simulation Theory and I'll stop now before I get ahead of myself.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah, again I'm on the fence, but i do love the stories.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would still be a Christian if it weren't for the preacher in that little Southern Baptist Church in Idalou, Texas.

"you reap what you sow"....Galatians 6:7

I decided to construct my own belief system; including Zen, sympathetic magic, pagan beliefs, Buddhist chants, cyber Gods and the Holy Mother Virgin of Guadalupe.

edit on 2-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thanks CM.

PM replied.

I'm glad you found it interesting.

Here's another, for those walking their own paths :
William Donahue: The Bible is not a literal book.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just testamonials, not gospel or anything, as always, your experience may vary.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

The JW organization published their new interpretations of the same scriptures that everyone had been using for a millennia and a half, without any new information, without new books of scripture, new prophets, or new prophecies, or any further revelations from God.

And, in regard to those interpretations, they have interpreted several existing prophecies, several times, giving time-frames for things to come about, which have all expired without event.

I cannot accept their new interpretation when it fails.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Lucifer is the brother of Christ.

And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also. 1 John 4:21

Jesus was the only begotten son of God. John 3:16. Jesus' words.

So, no brothers.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't think he meant in the LITERAL sense, but rather how there is a duality at play during our time here on Earth.

Satan tempts people down the road of ruin and destruction, Jesus offers the path of redemption and everlasting life.

Kind of like the two faces of a coin.

RIght Hand Path, Left Hand Path.

Good versus Evil.

But after Jesus's birth Mary and Jospeh did have more children, so he has half-brothers and sisters out there.

And the Powerful Play Goes On.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The teachings of the Bible don't mention reincarnation as far as I'm aware. It's more about emphasizing the idea of a single life followed by an eternal afterlife in heaven.

As I understand it, heaven doesn’t come into the picture at all. There is no mention in the Bible of a dwelling-place for the blessed anywhere but on Earth.

God resides in Heaven, a literal place high above the sky from which He descends to Earth from time to time to give commands to humanity, to reward his followers or to punish the unfaithful. God, in Heaven, is surrounded by hosts of nonhuman beings (cherubim, seraphim and so forth), but the only humans living there are especially favoured ones, namely the Old Testament prophets and, of course, Jesus − though He’s only visiting; his real once and future home is Earth.

The ‘eternal life’ Jesus spoke of in the New Testament was a promise of immortality on Earth, once God had done away with His first creation and replaced it with ‘a new Heaven and a new Earth’. God would still rule over everything, of course, but in Heaven he would (presumably) do so as God the Father, the Divine Creator, and on Earth as Jesus Christ, the Divine Son and Lord of all Creation. The ‘KIngdom of God’, a term much debated, was to come into existence on Earth.

This is fairly clear from an unprejudiced reading of the Bible, particularly the Gospels and Pauline Epistles; but as quintessentone will no doubt confirm, it is made explicit in some of those uncanonical ‘Gnostic Gospels’.

I am not religious, but there is a line from the Gospel of Thomas that seems to me to capture a vital truth about the world and about humanity, even if you don’t much care for the terms in which it is composed. It is this:

The Kingdom of the Father is spread upon the Earth, but men do not see it.’

The ‘content’ of ATS illustrates this truth with heartbreaking clarity.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
The ‘content’ of ATS illustrates this truth with heartbreaking clarity.

When the more "Open Galactic Community" was pushed out by the takeover back during the Hillary/Trump debates and the hardliners got a little too aggressive and ran out the more sensitive community members who fled to safer ground because they no longer felt welcome I remember FEELING the hostility of the words coming out of the screen.

Heavy. No wonder they turned tail and split.

It was like Rome in here.

But I'm a hardass too, as I suspect you are as well.

Maybe one day the ATS Temple will be restored with more of the Galatic Warrior Tribe who favors fair discussion and debate and storytelling instead of Draconian Takeovers because it was time to "get down to business".

Lizards, man. The site is full of Lizards!

Maybe David Icke will drop by one day and say hi.

After all, he's had a run in with being the Messiah for a brief period of time.

(Personally I think it's something we all go through from time to time in our own way, but that's just me.)

LOL.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I do think people shouldn't set themselves up as the foundations of reality.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

I do think people shouldn't set themselves up as the foundations of reality.

Is this a comment about Jesus, or are you having trouble with statements made by people in this thread?

Either way, why shouldn’t they? The only reality I know is the one I perceive and its foundations are the signals my senses generate and send to my brain. I cannot know anything for certain except the existence of this self-generated ‘reality’ − even the thoughts in my head seem to appear there without my willing them to.

Why don’t you think people should set themselves up as the bases of their individual realities? What else do you expect them to do?

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Define "reality".

As far as I'm concerned, it's somewhat subjective.

Therein, the origin of conflicts.
edit on 4/3/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join