It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is selling ‘God Bless the USA’ Bibles for $59.99 as he faces mounting legal bills

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
So you're politicising religion now?
Or are you suggesting Trump is trying to do that?

God and country are important to a lot of conservative people.
And yeah, a lot of the left aren't so much into God.
At least not here in the USA.

(post by Asher47 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Learn some American history..and then respond to what I said.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
About 20% of the population is not part of an organized religion. Less than 5% Atheist and Agnostic.

White Anglo Saxon Protestants (WASPs) make up about 35% then Catholics around 25% and the test scattered.

The majority of the US is religious. We are the nation with the largest Christian/Protestant Population.

If Biden did it they would champion as a green effort....

(post by Asher47 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

and if joe biden did it what would you say?

praise him or slaughter him?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asher47

What makes you think I don't know anything about American history?

I'd respond but I didn't see it before it got deleted.

And don't tell me to do anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: Mahogani

Have you checked the price of a Bible at ' Barnes & Noble ' Lately ?

$59.99 is a deal , I'll take 12 please .

The difference being all those Bibles being sold at high prices are NOT King James Bibles, which is what he is selling.

The King James Bible is public domain, it's free. You can print it for free and hand it out for free, put it in hotels for free and things like that.

The expensive ones are other Bibles, NIV version and others.

Selling free #, especially in the name of God, is uncouth in the very least, and blasphemous potentially.

But he does need money. The political donations can't keep up with his legal bills and judgments.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

I was talking about your link with Sharpton.

You should deflate your head a little, it gets in the way of you seeing clearly.

Sharpton knows less about Trump than he does about me.

Mary Trump is one person and was not with Trump 100% of the time, she can not know what he did behind closed doors or when she was not there.

Why do you continue to ignore the little things?

A self-proclaimed billionaire asking for $5, $10 donations, having to endorse everything and anything, but most importantly running for the seat of POTUS and trying to get votes. Why do you continue to ignore the big things?

"Having to endorse everything and anything" - where the hell did you get that? Can't you see the level of projection and delusion you are displaying here?

I'm embarrassed for you.

And I'm worried for some of you here. Deprogram, be free.

LOL, can you explain what about this upsets you so much? Does Trump's faith or lack thereof have a bearing your daily life?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Have you checked the price of a Bible at ' Barnes & Noble ' Lately ?

$59.99 is a deal , I'll take 12 please .

The difference being all those Bibles being sold at high prices are NOT King James Bibles, which is what he is selling.

The King James Bible is public domain, it's free. You can print it for free and hand it out for free, put it in hotels for free and things like that.

The expensive ones are other Bibles, NIV version and others.

Selling free #, especially in the name of God, is uncouth in the very least, and blasphemous potentially.

But he does need money. The political donations can't keep up with his legal bills and judgments.

how does the leader of your church feel about this?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But if there is a limited number of them, they will be quick cash for the buyer. It's called History. Look into it.

I know, you can't help being that guy, and I get that you are one of trump's biggest fans, possibly even the biggest.

But: "As long as it's some other chump other than me, that's great because it furthers the cause". You are why Soylent Green is made of people. It's called History. Look into it.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing
a reply to: network dude

But if there is a limited number of them, they will be quick cash for the buyer. It's called History. Look into it.

I know, you can't help being that guy, and I get that you are one of trump's biggest fans, possibly even the biggest.

But: "As long as it's some other chump other than me, that's great because it furthers the cause". You are why Soylent Green is made of people. It's called History. Look into it.

I see what you did there. Epic fail, but kudos for the effort.

eta:
wasn't Soylent Green a fictional movie? I have been looking for that stock ticker, as I'd love to put a few grand into that one once my Trump stock quadruples. If you find it, be a lamb and give a link.
edit on 28-3-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Exactly everything is going just as planned by the Left.

They can't exactly kill him that ship has sailed , So they break him.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It seems this Bible was a bit of a hot potato when Lee Greenwood first tried to publish it in 2021 , angry Christians set up a petition against it and the original publisher , HarperCollins Christian Publishing , pulled out of the deal.

A petition emerged in 2021 calling Greenwood’s Bible “a toxic mix that will exacerbate the challenges to American evangelicalism.” From there, a broader conversation ensued about the standards by which publishers print Bibles.

And mystery remains as to who is publishing it.

Perhaps the biggest mystery is the new publisher. That manufacturer is producing a limited quantity of copies, leading to a delayed four-to-six weeks for a copy to ship.

It’s also unclear which business partners are still involved in the project. Hugh Kirkman, who led Elite Service Pro, the firm that originally partnered with Greenwood for the project, responded to a request for comment by referring media inquiries to Greenwood’s publicist.

The publicist said Elite Source Pro is not a partner on the project and the Bible has always been printed in the King James Version.

"Several years ago, the Bible was going to be printed with the NIV translation, but something happened with the then licensor and the then potential publisher. As a result, this God Bless The USA Bible has always been printed with the King James Version translation," publicist Jeremy Westby said in a statement.

Westby did not have the name of the new licensee who is manufacturing the Bible.

Trump’s plug for the “God Bless The USA Bible” recycled language the former president is using to appeal to a conservative Christian base.

“Our founding fathers did a tremendous thing when they built America on Judeo-Christian values,” Trump said in his video on social media. “Now that foundation is under attack perhaps as never before.”
eu.tennessean.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

what does the leader of your church think about this?

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what does the leader of your church think about this?

He thinks Trump's a grifter and he shouldn't be using religion as an election tool , how about yours ?

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I don't go to church, but I asked God and he didn't give an opinion, almost as if it really doesn't matter. Did you ask God?

eta,
what denomination is your church?
edit on 29-3-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As a matter of
Perspective ...
Sure beats Endorsing Abortions ....
IMHO

TGIGF

edit on 29-3-2024 by MetalThunder because: STAND YOUR GROUND

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Billing itself as “the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!”

And Jesus said it is finished ... MAGA !

Is the forward written by the Donald ?
Trump is disgusting

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Freeborn
So you're politicising religion now?
Or are you suggesting Trump is trying to do that?

God and country are important to a lot of conservative people.
And yeah, a lot of the left aren't so much into God.
At least not here in the USA.

Yes . Same here

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join