It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is selling ‘God Bless the USA’ Bibles for $59.99 as he faces mounting legal bills

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: FlyersFan

So Trump is endorsing the Protestant Bible?
But isn't it a particular publication of The Bible he's endorsing like a product rather than just the 'Protestant' Bible over the 'Catholic' Bible?

The product he's endorsing is $60, others that he isn't endorsing but which contain exactly the same text, Books, Gospel's etc are available for up to half as much as far as I can tell.

Yeah ... I posted a link to an NPR article earlier. This bible is a 'God Bless America' bible. It has the Protestant bible, but it also has the founding documents of America in them. God and country. That kind of thing.

Perhaps that's what they find so abhorrent

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
give me the name of his church (where the media does not go with him), and witnesses in that church seeing him pray. Good luck.

He used to be Presbyterian. They had churches specifically for Presbyterians. Then when he was in office he said he moved away from that and was more non-denominational Protestant. I remember him saying that. That means there is no specific church. He goes where he feels he wants to go. He could even go to a Catholic church. They'd welcome him. But he wouldn't be allowed Holy Communion. NonCatholics can not take Holy Communion in a Catholic church. It's forbidden.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What's the difference?

Because Kamala Harris didn't say "This abortion clinic is the best abortion clinic, better than all the others and I endorse it".

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Because Kamala Harris didn't say "This abortion clinic is the best abortion clinic, better than all the others and I endorse it".

She was endorsing all abortion clinics.
I can see your point.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

give me the name of his church (where the media does not go with him), and witnesses in that church seeing him pray. Good luck.

He used to be Presbyterian. They had churches specifically for Presbyterians. Then when he was in office he said he moved away from that and was more non-denominational Protestant. I remember him saying that. That means there is no specific church. He goes where he feels he wants to go. He could even go to a Catholic church. They'd welcome him. But he wouldn't be allowed Holy Communion. NonCatholics can not take Holy Communion in a Catholic church. It's forbidden.

Trump's former pastor comments:

According to HuffPost, Pastor David Lewicki took to Twitter Tuesday to state that not only was he pastor of New York City’s Marble Collegiate Church for about five years where Trump was on the member rolls, he’d never seen Trump at the church. Not at Bible study, not a service. Never.

Trump often spoke about his religious upbringing on the campaign trail, but the church pulled a full Mariah Carey and issued a statement noting that Trump was not an active member, HuffPost reports.

Lewicki told HuffPost he was just trying to clear up the president’s church track record.

www.theroot.com...
edit on q00000029331America/Chicago3232America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

I was talking about your link with Sharpton.

You should deflate your head a little, it gets in the way of you seeing clearly.

Sharpton knows less about Trump than he does about me.

Mary Trump is one person and was not with Trump 100% of the time, she can not know what he did behind closed doors or when she was not there.

Why do you continue to ignore the little things?

A self-proclaimed billionaire asking for $5, $10 donations, having to endorse everything and anything, but most importantly running for the seat of POTUS and trying to get votes. Why do you continue to ignore the big things?

"Having to endorse everything and anything" - where the hell did you get that? Can't you see the level of projection and delusion you are displaying here?

I'm embarrassed for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Normally religious people have one church they frequent, which is Trump's church?

He was Presbyterian but is now non-denominational Protestant. I don't think he has one particular church. I've googled .. and what came up was a smattering of different churches that he attended at different times. No one in particular.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

You should deflate your head a little, it gets in the way of you seeing clearly.

Mary Trump is one person and was not with Trump 100% of the time, she can not know what he did behind closed doors or when she was not there.

A self-proclaimed billionaire asking for $5, $10 donations, having to endorse everything and anything, but most importantly running for the seat of POTUS and trying to get votes. Why do you continue to ignore the big things?

"Having to endorse everything and anything" - where the hell did you get that? Can't you see the level of projection and delusion you are displaying here?

I'm embarrassed for you.

And I'm worried for some of you here. Deprogram, be free.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Normally religious people have one church they frequent, which is Trump's church?

He was Presbyterian but is now non-denominational Protestant. I don't think he has one particular church. I've googled .. and what came up was a smattering of different churches that he attended at different times. No one in particular.

See Trump's ex-Pastor's comments above.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I would say that they have mental health issues. Maybe Mary trump can "reprogram" them to be dems.... she sure seems to have done a number on you. Mary and Donald are not close nor have they ever been...they don't like each other.

Open your mind son.......you have lived in a brainwashed misinformed darkness for far too long...time to see the light.
I doubt that will happen..you will continue to be blind to anything but MSM misinformation and talking points.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thank you.
Nothing wrong with Trump or anyone expressing their support for 'The Bible' of their choice.

But it seems to me that here Trump isn't endorsing the content and message of The Protestant Bible but rather that particualr product.

Does seem a bit tacky to me and sort of cheapens the message of The Bible.
Just my take on it.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Do you not understand how politics works...it's this way all over our world...we live on planet earth...not sure what planet you are from/on.
I
This is a good site to discover how to be more human....however if you don't listen you will never understand what being a human means..

Good luck! Please don't destroy our planet with your death rays!!

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm embarrassed for you.

Deprogram, be free.

If ever one should take their own advice, it is you.
You've contributed nothing but unsubstantiated liberal talking points to this thread.
Absolutely nothing.

Take a break
decompress
go home

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

So you're saying the pure democrats would never lower themselves to pandering for votes.

No , I'm saying Trump is using a tried and tested routine.
Dems will be Dems.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47

I would say that they have mental health issues. Maybe Mary trump can "reprogram" them to be dems.... she sure seems to have done a number on you. Mary and Donald are not close nor have they ever been...they don't like each other.

Open your mind son.......you have lived in a brainwashed misinformed darkness for far too long...time to see the light.
I doubt that will happen..you will continue to be blind to anything but MSM misinformation and talking points.

A psychologist who knows Trump and his family is not doing talking points.

Deprogram your mind and be free of thought.

Listen to the warnings from the forensic psychiatrists out there, who are coming forward because of the 'Duty to Warn'.

Pay attention to Trump's changing behaviours, as with this new religious getting those votes scheme. He is targeting those Christians that will listen to him and not to their religious leaders, which by the way are declining in numbers. The evidence is there all you have to do is allow yourself to see and understand it.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm embarrassed for you.

Deprogram, be free.

If ever one should take their own advice, it is you.
You've contributed nothing but unsubstantiated liberal talking points to this thread.
Absolutely nothing.

Take a break
decompress
go home

That is the expected indoctrinated reply. I understand it's difficult but I am posting deprogramming messages from others to help some of you here.

Listen to ex-MAGA members speak about how they realized it was a cult. Don't listen to me, listen to them.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

But it seems to me that here Trump isn't endorsing the content and message of The Protestant Bible but rather that particualr product.

I'd say so.

Half the Christians in the country won't buy it because it's Protestant and not Catholic.
Then you have the fact that most Democrats won't touch it because Trump is affiliated with it.
So you are looking at only a certain demographic that will want to buy it.
And that's only if they have the money, and don't already have other bibles.

We have four bibles. All Catholic.
One is my grandmothers and has been passed down.
One is from the 1970s and is the one we use to read.
One is from the 1990s and is modern language.
And one was a gift - it's in the Hawaiian language - and no one around here can read it.
Most homes that have a bible have more than one, I'd imagine.

I wouldn't be spending $60 on yet another bible.
Not in this economy. Not with groceries costing what they do.
The ones we have are just fine and do the job.
BUT ... there will be some out there who want the collectors bible.
The God and country version. So there will be a market for it.
Just not too sure how big that market will be.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So you don't dispute my claim that your posts contain zero actual facts and only hearsay and assumptions, with a sprinkling of "follow the money" cop-outs.

You're worse than programmed, almost robot-like.
Are you AI?

edit on 3 28 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

(post by Asher47 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asher47

So you're politicising religion now?
Or are you suggesting Trump is trying to do that?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join