It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Launches the National Extreme Risk Protection Order Resource Center

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Funny how you guys suddenly hate the 2nd Amendment when it's brown people buying the guns.

What happened to "shall not be infringed?"

Pretty damn ignorant statement on many levels.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICanHold3
a reply to: Astrocometus

Did someone take your guns because I still have all mine.

A lot of good they're gonna do you when you don't even recognize a threat.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Do tell?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Do tell?

Anyone could tell that.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As I expected it's a total non answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
For possessing a gun, you need to be a minimum of a legal resident of the USA. but for owning a pistol, you may need to be a citizen in most states.

You are incorrect as legal resident aliens can purchase a gun. Please visit the ATF site for more info.

My son in law is a legal resident and he cannot buy a handgun. I think he can now have a rifle and shotgun but cannot get a handgun. This is Michigan, State laws can exceed Federal laws on some things. Even a city law can create a law that a person is not allowed to open carry a rifle or handgun in the city limits, even Ralph which is a small town in the UP has a law that deer rifles must not be banished, they enforce that law too, you cannot even show a friend your gun in that town outdoors, it has to be in a case when outdoors. Our local cities mostly have that law too. If you are walking around with a rifle on the streets then you are causing people to fear, I am not sure how it is classified, but we do not have a right to make others fear either.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

You have to be trolling, because you know better.

The United States Constitution/Bill of Rights applies to American citizens or legal residents. By the very definition, illegal aliens are not U.S. citizens.

That was weak.
edit on 23-3-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Funny how you guys suddenly hate the 2nd Amendment when it's brown people buying the guns.

What happened to "shall not be infringed?"

What law(s) make it "Legal" for people here waiting for judgements about asylum or other things that can allow them to stay here, or get deported, that makes The 2nd Amendment (and others) effective for them?

These people could become criminals if they dodge court, or dodge deportation orders. So your thinking might also be applied to criminals in Prison? 😃

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The United States Constitution/Bill of Rights applies to American citizens or legal residents. By the very definition, illegal aliens are not U.S. citizens.

Portions of the constitution apply to everyone regardless of status.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ICanHold3

As I expected it's a total non answer.

Simple observations don't require answers.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Regardless I still have my guns and no one is coming to take them.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Laws not Rights, which gets much deeper that what is being discussed. Basic Human Rights, yes. Owning a gun is not a basic human right, otherwise other countries would not be able to ban guns.

Any new foot apparel ?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When Red Flag Laws were enacted I knew it was just the first step in building their confiscation platform, just like the Patriot act was only step one. Some gun owners act like this is no big deal, but they will kepp ammending and adding to the new laws until you're all disarmed.

You're a legal gun owner? All your neighbor has to do is say you scare him in a Red Flag state and you'll spend a fortune and years trying to get your property back.

If you're saying this doesn't and won't affect you you're either lieing about being a gun owner or too stupid to own one anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Or a link to a public forum.......

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Laws not Rights...

Incorrect as the Supreme Court has ruled, among other things, that every person in the country has 5th Amendment *rights*.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That is how cool the US is. You can come here and even if not a citizen you are protected to a degree. A wonderful thing. If you could here legally.

I have known people in the US illegally as far back as the 80's. It happened a lot. Mexicans were the largest group I knew of then. People I worked with.

It was not what you have now. Then it was usually one parent or adult, who would come and work and send money home. To get the rest of the family here for a new life.

The US DOJ right now is a joke. So are many state AG's. They are not enforcing the basic tenets that they should.

I do not think anyone who is here illegally should have a hand gun and I have had people who were caught up in these laws in Florida and one was shot and killed in his front yard by police...because of a lie someone told.

2A Rights discussions are like talking about immigration or abortion or even the budget. Small talk to not allow the real problems to be discussed and argued.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was just thinking about how this relates, in a Clown World sort of way, to the James Carville issue.
Democrats are attempting to chip away at the 2nd amendment, and take away more gun ownership rights, while a long-time democrat strategist is advocating for someone to do Biden's "wet work".

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Fair point. But how do you do a background check on an illegal immigrant ? They may be a criminal in their own country, but have no record here. Are you comfortable giving a weapon to someone who came over the border last month ?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: nugget1

Or a link to a public forum.......

I was thinking more on the lines of revenge from a pissy ex partner; that would probably get rid of half the legal owners in no time.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Anybody know if this new thing from The DOJ is funded by the new Omnibus Bill just passed ?? 😀💡

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join