It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law in Scotland coming to force in April that will affect us all.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: G1111B1234

lol ok I don’t know but also wasn’t what I was interested in either but your research could be one idea to the meaning.

Just wondered what he was all about with it, obviously some significance to the fellow hence the display.

I agree with what you’re saying but the paper money and 15 min cities is meant to destabilise , it’s not meant to work. Nothing is working anymore and to create a new system you need to break the other.

Personally, i blame the Tories and SNP on that score, because they are the ones in power.

What we’re seeing world wide is the powers , breaking those systems.

Change is inevitable G1111B1234, and systems that are not robust enough to deal with change often face various challenges and potential consequences.

Things are spreading up, Rowanda bill that will never pass and cost millions of tax payers money.

Rishi Sunak is a prize cockwomble of epic proportions and his Rowanda bill is doomed to fail, what more can be said really on that score.

Everything at the moment is just out there in terms of none of it makes sense .

So just another day on planet Earth really.

edit on 23-3-2024 by andy06shake because: Prize not prise LoL

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

To be honest when I’ve watched other videos of his I have wondered what the paper clip is about lol.

I don’t ever believe it matters who’s in power because the ones who make the decisions are never voted in or out.

I know change is inevitable however, we need to start changing for the better for everyone’s sake.

The only issue is humans are the problem with the greed and corruption , how do we change that?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:32 AM
link   

To be honest when I’ve watched other videos of his I have wondered what the paper clip is about lol.

Im inclined to believe it may be something to do with this "Recalaim" party.

I don’t ever believe it matters who’s in power because the ones who make the decisions are never voted in or out.

Money talks mate, and the majority simply do the walk of life.

That's always been the case and is not likely to change anytime soon.

I know change is inevitable however, we need to start changing for the better for everyone’s sake.

I don't disagree on that score.

The only issue is humans are the problem with the greed and corruption , how do we change that?

You might not like my answer.

Ether build better humans(ethical and morality concerns there) that actually wish to embrace utopia.

Or build a AGI(not possible yet) that will govern for us, because you are correct, humanity in its current iteration is the problem.
edit on 23-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I do like your answers but then would we become the dictator ? Why should our views be the correct one ? We’d have no free will, would those be better ?

Cresting better humans would be awesome , we’re not evolving very well ourselves are we lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I do like your answers but then would we become the dictator ?

Cheers, sometimes i dont all the same. LoL

I suggest money is already a dictator G1111B1234.

Certainly dictates what you can do and where you can go in life as a general rule of thumb.

Not that i don't recognise the dilemma nor conundrum.

Why should our views be the correct one ?

Seems to me the correctness of one's views is subjective and depends on factors like evidence, logic, our values, and perspective.

We’d have no free will, would those be better ?

Ah, now that is another question that surrounds determinism and remains a complex and unresolved issue as far as I'm aware.

Cresting better humans would be awesome , we’re not evolving very well ourselves are we lol.

Eugenics and social engineering carry with them immense dangerous ethical concerns and can have significant unintended consequences, as to the likes of cybernetics, well i assume the same may go in that department.

The thing is if humanity can do a thing, it tends to be the case that we do, do that thing one way or another.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I couldn't listen to more than 2 minutes of the guy droning on.

What possessed anyone to pass a law like this?
There will be a backlash to all this nonsense sooner rather than later.

As far as I can tell the paper clip on the lapel dates back to Norway during WWII. It was worn as some sort of patriotic act of defiance against the Nazi occupiers.
Nowadays some see it as an act of patriotism and passive resistance.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm betting he's head of his neighborhood watch and complains about people who paint things the ""wrong colour"".

What possessed anyone to pass a law like this?
There will be a backlash to all this nonsense sooner rather than later.

The real question is how such a law will be implemented or imposed far as i can see.

As to backlash, hope so, as its as daft as a brush.

As far as I can tell the paper clip on the lapel dates back to Norway during WWII. It was worn as some sort of patriotic act of defiance against the Nazi occupiers.
Nowadays some see it as an act of patriotism and passive resistance.

Yeah, i thought so or something similar.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I do always like the subject of free will. Could always look at it as if the universe is infinite then all possibilities are possible.

Sometimes I feel certain restraints we put on ourselves is why we’re not moving forward ? I agree though some ethics should be listened to.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I do always like the subject of free will. Could always look at it as if the universe is infinite then all possibilities are possible.

It's a philosophical and cosmological conundrum.

Probably some limitations where human understanding is concerned in that department given the vast scale and totality of it all compared to our mere pay grade and perspectives.

Sometimes I feel certain restraints we put on ourselves is why we’re not moving forward ?

All our eggs in the one proverbial basket don't help on that score.

The thing about moving forward is that requires change, and real change generally requires blood in spades.

Throughout history, significant social change more often than not involves violence and bloodshed.

I agree though some ethics should be listened to.

Stands to reason given the fact our ethics play a crucial role in guiding our actions and decisions in life.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

It’s been a desire of mine to think of ways that might help change without the bloodshed hints hard when you’re dealing with people who’ve been conditioned and would fight to protect their religion for example.

I’ve studied human behaviour for 20+ years and have found to dislike our makeup and genes but then is that the fault ?

Could we ever get past money causing all evil?

To reverse the conditioning can never happen or take too long , do we then come back to bloodshed ? I wouldn’t want that on my conscious if trying to lead by example.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

We always come back to bloodshed.

Truth is, it's part and parcel of the human condition.

As to money, its a necessary evil, without such trade and commerce on any sort of meaningful level becomes impossible to accomplish.

The barter system simply does not work where some trades and commodities are concerned.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Yeah all my conclusions come back that we’d never get past our inevitable ways , we as humans don’t seem as great as we think we are.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Let's just say we require sets of rules and laws to be in place if we wish to associate with one another in groups.

Else anarchy and survival of the fittest tend to become the colour of our day.

We certainly are not as great as we think, but we are capable of greatness as well as sheer foolishness and folly.

The fact of the matter is we are our own worst enemy bar time.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

man Scotland is so behind the times, the U.S. has had hate crime laws for many years.
yall need to hurry and catch up.

And you think the UK hasn't had them for a few decades?

(post by glen200376 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

couldn't say, haven't really paid to much attention to the UK until the past couple days. which really shocked me whem i realized i was. i usually fuss and cuss like hell when they interrupt my TV viewing or give a little blurp all day long about some royal bullsh@@.

and in case you didn't realize that was sarcastic humor.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I've voted SNP twice in my life glen200376.

And my next vote will be for Labour to help banish the current Tory administration.

Pray tell, where is my "neck of the woods"?

As to the racist comment regarding Humza Yousaf.

I can't stand the man myself obviously not for the same reasons you choose to harbor.

And more down to the current housing crisis the nation faces which he chooses to ignore nevermind a few other choice reasons.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Yes, no dolly-birds, ticker tapes and fancy studio sets and beamed in reporters with microphones to distract from plain old NEWS eh?

I blame Hollywood and the BBC corporations who glamorised "The" News...singular.

And perhaps the paperclip is signifying a stance that relates to what we are STILL experiencing from Operation Paperclip even after so many years.

I think Jeff Taylor is the most credible news presenter there is out there. Watch regularly if you want to be educated, not entertained.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Totally agree , I’ve still got hope for humanity and hide to see others that feel the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I don’t think using insulting language is useful here or needed. You can dislike the person , but there’s no need to bring the culture or origin into it please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join