It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Is ATS Going to Die on May 24th?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: Hakaiju
I may try and grab it myself if this site goes the way of the Dodo...

There are "domain squatters" out there that somehow hook into public records to take action when a domain name expires. They buy it up as quickly as possible and then try to sell it if/when some comes looking for it. I know, I've been burned but I'm not willing to pay thousands to get a name back.

I'm with you though and hope you're the one that snags it. At least it would go to a member.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It they let it lapse, that means somebody can buy it right? Like an auction? 😃

(assuming all the drama hasn't been staged) 😉

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
ALRIGHT ... piecing together the information that posters smarter than I am on this subject have said .... the bottom line is that if the site owners don't reregister the domain name by the 18th of May, then ATS should go dark May 23.

So we watch the website that was given earlier HERE to see if the date for the domain name changes. If it does, that means the owners are still around somewhere and intend to keep ATS up and running. If the date doesn't change ... then May 22 will be chaos and lights out on May 23.

Nice how you slipped that in there. Thought I'd add that direct IP is out of the question, although I suppose that information is what got my post "edited".

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If the controlled study this place has offered over the last few years is over then we might expect no continuation of this place.

Speculation has always run that this house may be run by the CIA or the FBI or some political organization using it to filter propaganda into a perceived body of gullible suckers ready to pass on any garbage that sounds plausible to them.

If the owners are a letter agency then one can only suspect that they already have all the info on members that they need so why go on with it any longer of there are no agents interested in mining any more. If it is a political propaganda ownership one would suspect that at least it would carry on until the elections.

If this place is simply an experiment in the hands of say, some university program in psychology or some form of social engineering study then it could be that the site will just be left to run out so that the observers can watch how the rats squirm and explode when the food runs out.

If this last one is more the case than others, hey you guys, who ever you are that are studying and conducting this experiment, how about you pop out of anonymity right at the end and give us a summation on your study. That could be really interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: FlyersFan
ALRIGHT ... piecing together the information that posters smarter than I am on this subject have said .... the bottom line is that if the site owners don't reregister the domain name by the 18th of May, then ATS should go dark May 23.

So we watch the website that was given earlier HERE to see if the date for the domain name changes. If it does, that means the owners are still around somewhere and intend to keep ATS up and running. If the date doesn't change ... then May 22 will be chaos and lights out on May 23.

Nice how you slipped that in there. Thought I'd add that direct IP is out of the question, although I suppose that information is what got my post "edited".

It looks like the 2 IP addresses and servers of the abovetopsecret.com servers are hosted at CloudFlare, Inc in San Francisco, CA. Not that it matters. There are server farms all over the country. ATS just happens to be at this one.

ETA - the 2 IP addresses returned by What is My IP Address are 104.21.46.189 and 172.67.141.142

edit on 3/19/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I sincerely hope it doesn't all end on May 24th....ATS is still by far the best of its type around.

But I have faith in DTOM, Djarums and the gang for their forward thinking.

Remember guys: DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey guys, at the risk of having multiple threads covering the same ground, staff would prefer to keep this issue under one topic here

Thanks for your cooperation.
Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join