It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian paramilitary groups 'take control of Russian village, sending Putin's troops fleeing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What attack aircraft might they be

Suicide drones seem to have been the most effective attack aircraft in this war so I guess they've got those.

that just happened to survive Russia's dense antiaircraft layers...

Russia's dense antiaircraft layers haven't managed to stop Ukrainian drones plus antiaircraft layers don't stop tanks and troops which the Russian volunteers seem to have plenty of.

These attacks are forcing the Russian military to play whack-a-mole in their own territory while trying to fight a war in Ukraine putting more pressure on Putin at home , not an ideal situation especially with elections due in a couple of days.

What a load of tripe...masquerading as news...

Yet you still feel the need to comment on it ... interesting.
edit on 13-3-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Video of the drone attack on the refinery in the Ryazan region of Russia.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

These Russian partisans staged incursions into Putin's territory today and blew up an armoured personnel carrier in the Kursk region.

I don't want to cool anyone's enthusiasm but Wagner group had their five minutes too and we all know how it ended. It's pleasing to see any Russian oppose Putin but I doubt there's going to be some national rebellion or revolution in Russia. I know what we need to do. Someone has to travel to Russia, sneak into Lenin's mausoleum and steal his body. Then we clone him in one of the CIA secret laboratories and send the living clone back to Russia. That will do the trick.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
By doing what? Attending the funeral of a political opponent? Hiding in plain sight, it’s a risky move cotton.

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

The only purpose for this war is dead people. As long as people are dying
Putin will let it linger. If that wasn't the purpose Ukraine would have been
annexed a year ago and Zelenskyy would be dead.

Now we’re getting to the crux of the issue.

Too many damn peeps.

welcome to necropolis Earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

These Russian partisans staged incursions into Putin's territory today and blew up an armoured personnel carrier in the Kursk region.

I don't want to cool anyone's enthusiasm but Wagner group had their five minutes too and we all know how it ended. It's pleasing to see any Russian oppose Putin but I doubt there's going to be some national rebellion or revolution in Russia. I know what we need to do. Someone has to travel to Russia, sneak into Lenin's mausoleum and steal his body. Then we clone him in one of the CIA secret laboratories and send the living clone back to Russia. That will do the trick.

I was going to point this out as well. When Prigozhin started his attempt, the "experts" were on TV saying this is it! Not only did it fail, it barely even got started. It's not like they were almost right.

Experts have predicted Putin would be deposed by the end of 2022 after the war started, maybe sooner. Then it was 2023.

The opposition shot their best shot. I don't see Putin going anywhere til he dies.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Let us recall there was also dissent within Hitler's regime. Even with a serious attempt to assassinate him, the regime kept rolling until it was completely overrun by opposing countries.

Yeah and that was just the most well-known assassination attempt. There were dozens of plots to assassinate Hitler. Plenty of people were unhappy. It takes more than that.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

ATTENTION---AGAIN...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ummm...maybe the OP should check his...ahem...facts...before wasting space on the board and in the forum...The house with the blue tile work that the two liars are in front of...is actually located in the village of...Rzhevka...in Ukraine...

So there is that...

This thread should be moved to the LOL...(ludicrous online lies)...forum...

This is an...ON TOPIC...post...BTW...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I think, compared to Putin's internal security apparatus, these are 'pinprick' raids.

Evidence of Russian dissent with his regime? Yes.

Let us recall there was also dissent within Hitler's regime. Even with a serious attempt to assassinate him, the regime kept rolling until it was completely overrun by opposing countries.

One factor that may be underestimated is that Putin is the devil the Russians know, and they may fear more what could come after Putin's regime falls.

Cheers

There has already been several attempts on Putins life. Je blamed the United States and Ukraine if I remember correctly. If the CIA wanted to kill him I'm sure they could pull it off. It's just frowned upon killing off world leaders .

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Too many damn peeps.

And yet this is more of an excuse than the actual truth. The real truth is
the owners want the place for themselves. Not a wild idea at all from their POV.
Evil no doubt but practicle and obviously attainable.
edit on 13-3-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Russian paramilitary groups have taken control of a small village along the Ukraine border and sent Putin's troops fleeing, new video shows.

The Ukraine-based Russian partisan rebels claimed to have captured the border village of Tyotkino, even after Russia said it had pushed back invasions.

The Freedom of Russia Legion (FRL), Siberian Battalion (SB) and the Russian Volunteer Corps (RDK) posted videos ostensibly showing their soldiers warring in Russia's western Belgorod and Kursk regions today.

The Russian partisans staged incursions into Putin's territory today and evidently blew up an armoured personnel carrier in Kursk region.

Video appeared to show Russia troops retreating but there was no initial confirmation.

Russian paramilitary groups 'take control of Russian village, sending Putin's troops and tanks fleeing'

The three Russian paramilitary groups claim to have crossed into Russia to fight Putin's troops in a dramatic turn against the government as the Russian president seeks re-election this week.

'We will take our land from the regime centimetre by centimetre,' the Freedom of Russia Legion said in a Telegram post announcing their incursion this morning.

They claimed in recent days 100 people, six tanks, Caesar self-propelled guns, and 20 enemy armoured vehicles were destroyed on the border of Kursk and Belgorod region.

It sure looks like Putin isn't getting his own way, after thousands of people turn out for the funeral of Alexei Navalny, it now looks like more Freedom fighters within Russia are trying to claw their country back from the dicatator.
This on the same day as two drone attacks on oil refineries inside Russia.
Do our members think that this could be the start of the down fall of Putins government or do you guys think he'll start more clamp downs on the Russian population just before the "election".

Word on the street is this “freedom legion” group is going ghanghis khan and on the verge putting Moscow in a cauldron…

and with St. Petersburg being the pit stop on the way to Kamchatka.

lol

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Russian media reporting fresh fighting in the recently liberated village of Tyotkino.
news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

I imagine we'll be seeing much more of this.
Putin is losing his grip on Russia...and this is when dictators are the most dangerous.

Sadly thats very true, but I also think more of this type of civil unrest will spread if the death rate in Russian keeps climbing because of Putins illegal war against Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
A statement issued today from the Russian volunteer forces give warning to authorities in Kursk and Belgorod regions there is more to come.

“We call on the local authorities to preserve human lives and begin evacuating the cities of Kursk and Belgorod,”
“Putin’s assassins are launching massive strikes on peaceful Ukrainian cities, positioning their military installations amidst residential areas, schools, and government institutions. The bombardment of Ukraine from the territory of Belgorod must cease!

“In this regard, we are forced to inflict fire damage on military positions in Belgorod and Kursk. To avoid civilian casualties, we urge everyone to leave the cities immediately,”

In regard to the village of Tyotkino they say this as well as reporting the destruction of a Russian "control centre.

“Putin’s army quickly escapes from the village, abandoning positions and leaving behind heavy equipment,” the statement of LSR read.

“We are approaching a crisis for the defense industry of the bloody regime. Anyway, it does not work for defense, but for attack.”

Additionally, the Legion released a video message from two fighters situated in the village of Tyotkino, Kursk region. The Russian Freedom Legion had previously declared complete control of the settlement.

“We are fighting in Tyotkino... We are alive, we are tired, we are with you,” one fighter expressed in the video. Another Russian volunteer mentioned their ongoing advance through the village, amidst heavy shelling of the streets.

“The streets are heavily shelled. We are still waiting for a local police officer with whom we need to talk, and local residents who need to be freed,” he explained.

“Putin’s troops tried to enter from the rear, but Legion attack aircraft repelled the attack and struck back.”

“In terms of enemy losses, we will be able to say later, but visually, we beat them up,” they added.

The video ended with the fighters proclaiming, “Glory to Ukraine - Glory to the Heroes.”
www.kyivpost.com...

It looks like things are only going to get worse for Putin and his forces if these types of raids continue. It will also be difficult for him to keep this out of the government controlled media.
edit on 14-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

I was going to point this out as well. When Prigozhin started his attempt, the "experts" were on TV saying this is it! Not only did it fail, it barely even got started. It's not like they were almost right.

Experts have predicted Putin would be deposed by the end of 2022 after the war started, maybe sooner. Then it was 2023.

The opposition shot their best shot. I don't see Putin going anywhere til he dies.

That sadly is also a big possibilty here.
In my opinion, it could be the oligarch types that end up trying to do away with Putin purely out of greed, many have siezed property and bank accounts across Europe and if the E.U. decide to help fund Ukraine by giving them some of that wealth, those oligarchs might want an end to the war, but it could also make the whole situation worse for everybody.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...maybe the OP should check his...ahem...facts...before wasting space on the board and in the forum...The house with the blue tile work that the two liars are in front of...is actually located in the village of...Rzhevka...in Ukraine...

So there is that...

This thread should be moved to the LOL...(ludicrous online lies)...forum...

This is an...ON TOPIC...post...BTW...

YouSir

Maybe you could post some facts to back up your claim here, or are you going to do the same as usual and just post unsubstantiated comments and insults?
I posted a news article with a link to the story being spoken about, what more facts do you want? If you know of more maybe post them?
I do not make up threads here and attempt to post them as history or news, thats more like the modus operandi of a few 'bad apples' that post.

A little structure to your post would help the discussion and maybe raise a talking point?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Video from Freedom of Russia Legion of todays operation in Tyotkino.

Destruction of 2 BC warehouses in Tetkino | Legion "Freedom of Russia", March 14, 2024

More video from yesterdays action.

Legion stormtroopers repelled enemy attack

Destruction of 2 enemy BMD-2s | Legion "Freedom of Russia" March 13, 2024

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

That sadly is also a big possibilty here.
In my opinion, it could be the oligarch types that end up trying to do away with Putin purely out of greed, many have siezed property and bank accounts across Europe and if the E.U. decide to help fund Ukraine by giving them some of that wealth, those oligarchs might want an end to the war, but it could also make the whole situation worse for everybody.

I don't really buy that, because if the West was gonna do that I think we'd have done it already.

It really begs the question: why did we seize those assets and are now just sitting on them?

Because it was just for show, so our weak, feckless empty suit leaders can pretend they did something tough to "fight back" against Putin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join