It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians chant ‘Putin is a killer’ in biggest act of defiance since war began

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hey man, I love our way of life. Now explain to me when our way of life became destroying other people's way of life?
I criticize foreign policy decisions which destroy entire other societies, I do not criticize our way of life. I champion my right to criticize my leader without catching a bullet in the head in the middle of a crowded street with no justice.

I agree with most of what you said.
But If people like Putin and Xi Jinping are left to their own devices do you think our way of life will be left alone? Every empire has always tried to control all and countries like China and Russia are a waze' along on the scale of totalitarianism compared to ours.
If Russia is free to spread it's war across Europe and Mad Vlad is free to try to 'rebuild' the perceived glory days of the USSR, it will effect every western country. This kind of peaceful defiance is what all people should be entitled to without fear of imprisonment.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Well first he has to , oh I don't know, ACTUALLY make an attempt to spread his war across Europe. So far as I can ever see the only time they step beyond the lands they share a border with was when Syria asked for help in what was another stepping stone in the seven countries in five years plan.

Russia does its adventurism for the most part along its borders. Europe is fully capable to handle whatever perceived threat they feel from Russia on their own. They got nukes, advanced fighter jets and tanks and a very willing civilian volunteer military population.

This is not America's fight, it is the fight of those who control the Bank for International Settlements, the London Commodities exchange, the International Monetary fund and other globalist institutions. Nothing makes money like an indebted nation who does not own their own resources because their bribed politicians sold their peoples wealth to foreign capital. These are the same institutions holding us hostage here in the USA because of their paid for politicians who we do not want in office. Canada, Australia same puppet masters.

It is they who authorize the global adventurism I and many others have been protesting since the Iraq war, and the generation before me as well. We all know this, because we have spent decades here on ATS discussing it.

Putin is no Saint, Russia is not free of crimes. However we all live in glass houses where our leadership is concerned. We just have to alter our mentality to positive change things at home before we go preaching to the world and taking up the torch for bad causes. There is no democracy in Ukraine to protect, less so now than there ever has been actually. They were more free in Ukraine before the actions of 2014.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well first he has to , oh I don't know, ACTUALLY make an attempt to spread his war across Europe

Thats what he's doing by invading Ukraine!! He agreed with Nato not to if Ukraine gave up Nukes(which they did) yet here he is invading....

Russia does its adventurism for the most part along its borders.

I wouldn't call it adventurism myself.

This is not America's fight,

I agree, it's a problem for NATO which America is part of and thats what Putin and his regime wants people to think.

Putin is no Saint, Russia is not free of crimes. However we all live in glass houses where our leadership is concerned.

Again, I agree to a point. But Russia agreed not to invade Ukraine and it's Putin who is bring war to NATO, not the other way around as some here will try to say.
This is starting to go off topic as this thread was about the Russian people coming out in solidarity for Alexei Navalny.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
lets not get back into that circular loop where we disregard what happened in 2014 and the subsequent years as if it happened in a vacuum of irrelevancy. We are now at a simple disagreement of our perception of this event, one that I don't believe either one of us is going to budge much on.
So I am just going to respectfully disagree with any assertion that Russia crossed that border with no basis or justification, or that our hands are clean with regard to this matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"We would appreciate it..."

Who is this "we" that you apparently speak for?

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Putin global fan club.

The Financial Times has already covered it.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

And hater of everything West, and an apologist for Putin.

Posting hate against Navalny's wife, who has endured her husband being Novichocked, imprisoned in an Arctic penal colony and then killed, was a new low.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sounds like propaganda. When even Ukraine is saying the dude died from a heart attack, you know this is staged. Either putin wants to appear benevolent about free speech (ha!), these people will have their lives ruined over something dumb, or this didn't happen at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fairlite

Heart attacks, can be induced.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sunday March 3, 2024 and thousands of people are queuing to lay flowers at Alexei Navalny's grave.

Thousands of people on Sunday (March 3) came to Borisovskoye cemetery in Moscow to pay their respects to opposition politician Alexei Navalny two days after he was buried.

Quickly moving line of mourners with flowers stretched over 500 metres outside the cemetery gate with more people coming all the time.

"The pain is unbearable," one of the mourners told Reuters. "(I came) to pay my respects, to honour, to bow before a brave man with whom our hopes were connected for a better future, for fighting corruption, for fair courts."

"Alexey Navalny is the hero of Russia and simply a good, bright man, like a sun," another woman said with her husband adding "He was like a friend to us".

edit on 3-3-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You may not want to get into 'that circular loop' but after Russia agreed to not invade in 1994 Ukraine agreed to surrender it's Nukes, Russia then supported and breed dislike and mistrust for the Ukrainian government resulting in actions like the annexation of Crimea.

Thousands of nuclear arms had been left on Ukrainian soil by Moscow after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. But in the years that followed, Ukraine made the decision to completely denuclearize.

The Russia people who came to the funeral wanted to stand against the injustices they're seeing in their country and if only for a second they showed Mad Vlad what all dictators are scarred of. A people who are starting to see the real facts...
edit on 4-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yeah ... I was wondering the same thing.
But so far, no answer.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yeah ... I was wondering the same thing.
But so far, no answer.

The rest of his troll farm...

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I thought I'd add this here, as one paticular ATS member tried to claim Navalny's mother had blaimed Julia Navalnaya for his death.
A direct quote from the ATS member...

Nobody hid the body. It was issued to Navalny’s mother, who blamed his wife for her son’s death and stripped her of her son’s surname.
Navalny’s mother herself wrote this on her social networks

Clearly that ATS member has now been shown to be at best a liar or at worse purposely spreading propaganda here on ATS.

dailywrap.uk...

On Saturday, Alexei Navalny's mother, Ludmila, visited his grave. She was accompanied by Alla Abrosimova, the mother of the oppositionist's widow, Julia Navalnaya. Julia Navalnaya herself does not appear in Russia. She and her children are abroad. She also did not attend the mourning ceremonies due to the high risk of arrest. Russian policemen have been present at the Borisov Cemetery since the burial.

edit on 5-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Floral tributes continue to be placed at Alexei Navalny's grave and supporters are still arriving as of today (March 5th) to pay their respects , in life he was a thorn in the side for Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin in death he has become a martyr.

Congratulations to Mr Putin on his election victory in less than 2 weeks , the ghost of Alexei Navalny will remain on his shoulder throughout his presidency.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

With 110% of the vote?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

My psychic black pudding is telling me he wins, with 99% of the vote already know as of today!

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Incredible. He's such a coward that he's even blocked pretty harmless Nadezhdin from starting. The guy's only crime was that he spoke against the war in Ukraine. He's going to appeal to court so I guess he's next on Putin's kill list. I won't be at all surprised if he suffers a stroke or heart attack next week.

Navalny's wife has recently appealed to her followers to participate in the elections and vote for anyone but Putin or cast an invalid vote. Only no matter how people vote, the elections' results will be manipulated anyway. There were cases of throwing in additional ballots or forcing people to vote before.

It seems the only way for the Russian opposition is to hope and pray for this war criminal to kick the bucket. His death might bring peace to the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

It seems the only way for the Russian opposition is to hope and pray for this war criminal to kick the bucket. His death might bring peace to the world.

I do think eventually the great Russian people will get feed up of Putin's hate and propaganda and start to stand up for their freedom and fight back against Mad Vlads oppressive regime.
I think Navalny's death lit a spark and hopefully it will contunie to burn.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

My money is on 75 -79% , they have to give the appearance of a contest but with Putin winning with a respectable majority otherwise people will think it was rigged.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join