It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard makes Trumps ''short list'' for VP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

a reply to: watchitburn

Reverse McCarthyism

Except McCarthy was actually right.

And who's right this time around?

I won't get into who's right. I just wouldn't listen to anyone who still touts the debunked Trump-Russia collusion hoax. I especially wouldn't listen to them about anything pertaining to Russia.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
At this point, I'll be surprised if it doesn't end up being Stefanik.

What advantage would there be to choosing her? She's a NY rep isn't she? He has zero chance of winning in NY. It'd be better to pick someone who will move the needle for him in swing states. Stefanik is a woman, that's about all you would pick her for, and there's better-known women available.

Apparently there's gonna be a poll done at CPAC this weekend of who they think he should pick for VP. Trump should ignore that poll. He doesn't need a VP that conservatives will love, he needs a VP that independents will love.
edit on 22-2-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Reverse McCarthyism

I won't get into who's right. I just wouldn't listen to anyone who still touts the debunked Trump-Russia collusion hoax. I especially wouldn't listen to them about anything pertaining to Russia.

Agreed. Until something significant occurs inside our borders, the new red scare lacks the teeth required to justify scrutiny and prosecution.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I bet DeSantis hates being put on the "short" list

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

As you yourself said, the big reason to pick her is that she's a woman. She's also probably been the most vocal female Trump supporter that doesn't have the baggage of someone like MTG or Lake. And you know how Trump loves to have his ego stoked.

Just the other day at a MAL fundraiser Trump referenced Stefanik multiple times and referred to her as his "greatest defender."

If she doesn't get the VP nom, she would definitely be ending up in his Cabinet in some way, shape, or form.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I get what you're saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the distinction here is you're saying who you think he will pick and I'm talking about who he should pick. And yeah, Trump sometimes puts whether he personally likes someone over whether they will do him the most good. If that was your angle, then yeah it's a good point.

On the subject of who he should pick, I don't think her just being a woman is gonna be good enough. There's a woman on Biden's ticket, so just that alone isn't gonna sway many independents.

I follow politics a fair bit and, while I had heard of Stefanik, I didn't remember who the hell she was til I saw her picture. I'm in a neighboring swing state (Pennsylvania) and I'll be interested the next few days to ask people I know, both liberal and conservative, if they know who she is. If she strokes Trump's ego a lot, I'm sure Trump sycophants will know her, but again he doesn't need to win those people over.

If he's gonna pick a woman, I think he should pick one with more name recognition and/or who is more accomplished. Generally for President and VP candidates, male or female, I prefer governors because they actually have experience running something. Representatives who are just one voice among many in a legislative body usually have little experience making executive decisions.

Gabbard doesn't have the executive experience but she was a military officer so she at least knows about leadership, which is more than you can say about 98% of politicians. And I'd argue she's more well-known than Stefanik. Moderate Democrats and independent voters, which are the people Trump needs to peel off, especially women, I think would have a more positive impression of Gabbard than Stefanik.

There's a few popular female governors to pick from too.
edit on 22-2-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i'm totally in with V. Ramaswamy at VP or even SOS or Chief of Staff... that man needs to be an 'Insider' for the collapse to ensue

...gloom-despair-agony on me....Ohhhh...deep dark depression-excessive misery .... etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: YourFaceAgain

As you yourself said, the big reason to pick her is that she's a woman. She's also probably been the most vocal female Trump supporter that doesn't have the baggage of someone like MTG or Lake. And you know how Trump loves to have his ego stoked.

Just the other day at a MAL fundraiser Trump referenced Stefanik multiple times and referred to her as his "greatest defender."

If she doesn't get the VP nom, she would definitely be ending up in his Cabinet in some way, shape, or form.

It could be either of them, but Tulsi can appeal to ethnic voters, independents and the middle aged female population who still require persuading. Personally I suspect Stefanik would be more useful in Congress where she can function as ballast when the Democrats start throwing their weight.

originally posted by: StudioNada

i'm totally in with V. Ramaswamy at VP or even SOS or Chief of Staff... that man needs to be an 'Insider' for the collapse to ensue

...gloom-despair-agony on me....Ohhhh...deep dark depression-excessive misery .... etc.

That casserole needs a bit more time in the oven. In another election cycle we will need a leader who echoes the America First ideology and has the grit to commit and follow through.

edit on 22-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I think Gabbard could do more harm than good for him. Despite leaving the Dems, as far as I'm aware, she's never registered as a Republican. That could cause voters to question her loyalty.

I think it would also cause some consternation amongst the GOP rank & file. Why should Trump pick someone as his VP who has never campaigned as or for a Republican when the are countless people that are just as qualified and have put in years of work for the Party?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

If her loyalty is to the Constitution and the civic values it defines, that should be enough. Tribalism misses the point which is MAGA. Make America great again, not Republicans or Democrats but our entire nation from coast to coast.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

Remind me to never p!$$ you off. That was pure and absolute scorched earth. Someone needs to get some water for the poor guy because every syllable in that reply burned

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: ksihkahe

Glad you liked the memes

I didn't say I liked them, but these people did...

Which Slavic dialect should I put my next post in so you can read it?

It must be hard to plan for a time when your local economy and personal income are not fortified by the US politicians laundering hundreds of millions next door.

(post by Kenzo removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Kenzo removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Tulsi Gabhard is a Red Herring . Trump is just messin' with you .

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Reverse McCarthyism

It’s amazing how badly some people embrace old lies, that they know were always lies.

Probably walks around yelping “hands up don’t shoot”.

And Russia Russia Russia #!2, and Hunter is innocent.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Kenzo

Here`s the truth

Tulsi wanted ( needed ) to aligning herself with Russian domain . = GOP

I # you not.

That would be 1+1 Russian assets if Trump/ Gabbard . Way to go America .

can you confirm you actually believe this? it sounds quite fantastical, and dare I say, stereotypical of the left. Not at all aligned with reality. I just want to be sure you aren't just trolling before I comment.

He is either trolling or his mind is completely shot.

A good possibility is “Younger than 18, maybe by a lot”.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Reverse McCarthyism

Still McCarthy.

We're infested with commies now.

Like bedbugs.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

I think Gabbard could do more harm than good for him. Despite leaving the Dems, as far as I'm aware, she's never registered as a Republican. That could cause voters to question her loyalty.

I think it would also cause some consternation amongst the GOP rank & file. Why should Trump pick someone as his VP who has never campaigned as or for a Republican when the are countless people that are just as qualified and have put in years of work for the Party?

Voters are more sophisticated than you think. Gabbard is closer to Trump than some of the GOP that many voters consider "RINOs." She's a moderate Democrat and in many ways Trump is a moderate Republican. He's been falsely painted as an extremist by the media, which is hilarious because many of his policies routinely got support from moderate Democrats right up until Trump adopted them. Border security is a good example. Many Senate Democrats voted for a border barrier, but then it's suddenly "racist" when Trump wants it.

Many Democrats that are still in Congress right now are actually right-wing extremists. Or the media lied and Trump's a moderate. Hint: It's the second one.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Tulsi Gabhard is a Red Herring . Trump is just messin' with you .

Florida Senator MARCO RUBIO is moving up on his "short list" of 14 candidates.

Marco's star is rising: www.nbcnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join