It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carlson to interview Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It’s official.

Carlson is interviewing Putin.

Here is his Twitter video declaring the interview.

I will post link to full interview once it’s up.

Carlson, a pundit, is still doing more and better journalism than the mainstream media.

I agree with more than I disagree with Carlson’s positions, but no one can deny this man has balls of steel.

Barbara Walters previously interviewed Putin, but she was part of the msm so it was accepted.

Carlson is not bound by the controlling powers of western media so I am looking forward to this interview.

It will be interesting no matter what.

Update edits below:

1. Here is the announcement video I liked above but On Tuckers Website (for those who refuse to goto Twitter).
edit on 6-2-2024 by pianopraze because: ETA

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I just hope he brings the same energy and inquisitive nature that he does to all his interviews. If he deviates, it will be universally bad.

Oh, and wanted to post this gem for future reference.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I agree with more than I disagree with Carlson’s positions, but no one can deny this man has balls of steel.

I’m excited for the interview, I’m sure there’s going to be some take aways. Even if there’s an obvious agenda on some of the parties, why wouldn’t someone want to know more about different ideologies of the world?

If people act like they’re so vehemently against something, why wouldn’t they try and understand it better so they could argue against it better?

It’s my opinion you don’t understand an ideology if you can’t argue it’s best case better than the person you’re debating who actually subscribes to it.

Honestly, I probably lean towards what Tucker sells more than most pundits. The last quasi western pundit to interview Putin was Oliver Stone.

For those unfamiliar, Stone is unapologetically against modern American stature or foreign policy. Stone had fought in Vietnam and took up filmmaking with an obvious slant against American aggression. It seems he’s far more left than Tucker, but my guess is I’ll find his take more genuine as he seems more sincere on his position… even though my bias leans more towards the Tucker brand of ideology.

But I’d suppose it would surprise people I have a heavy right lean… Albeit libertarian Right.
edit on 6-2-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Please, make loud and clear mention if I'm wrong here.

But it sounds like you're advocating for collecting all sides of an issue before coming to an opinion and/or conclusion?

So that you may better understand why you support something or not.

Again, feel free to pick this apart.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sounds like sacrilege in this day and age where most mimic the party line.

Hmm… sacrilege… does that make political parties are more like a religion or cult?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I think it proves that folks are perhaps moving away from political parties or redefining them. A political evolution following a revolution if you will.

Especially here. There's a couple few that will not deviate from their programming, but little by little there's a change.

Look at how many folks here dislike Trump for example but are vocal about the actions of the gov't towards him.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't really understand the blowback from the left on this. Lefties I know are screaming for him to be not allowed back in the country, or arrested once back.

We will see what Carlson can do, but if you listened to the Charlie Rose interview I think Rose did a good job, but Putin lied out his butt as you watch it now years later to compare. Putin also played the whataboutism on just about every question to the point Rose was getting really annoyed and called out Putin several times on that alone.

I think with Carlson we will see the same, and then when we watch it again in three years we will see how much Putin lied once again, so my expectations are low.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I detest trump.

Have since his tv show “Apprentice".

But I voted for him twice.

First time to stop TPP which Clinton called "gold standard" of trade deals and would certainly implement.

Trump squashed TPP and NAFTA, was actual better than most Presidents in my lifetime, and restoring energy independence so I voted for him second time.

I would prefer a Milei… Afuera!

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Personally, I want to see how edited the interview is and how many cuts there might be. That will indicate how contrived the whole affair is and how controlled the information may also be following the interview.

The web will be full of videos containing this.

I predict there will also be many false translated copies within minutes provided by all and any parties implicated in the truths that are revealed. And a whole heap of funnies too.

edit on 6/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

But it sounds like you're advocating for collecting all sides of an issue before coming to an opinion and/or conclusion?

Yup.

Nuance is more interesting to me than what my own world view is.

I find more interest in the extremes who are sincere for the right reason in why they believe what they believe.

I think there’s a healthy level of agnosticism we should all have. In some ways we’re equally wrong and also valid in why we subscribe to our own world views.

We’ve all lived different life experiences, and subsequently are predisposed to a certain outcome.

How would my world view differ if I was born in a different circumstance? Would I have a different bias if I was born in a different country under the environment they live in? I’d have to imagine so.

But I think what makes some people more approachable and open to talk to is their level of self awareness. Especially if they have the capacity to understand that there can be someone with vastly different beliefs they can appreciate and empathize with while still having the courage to disagree on some things without being arrogant (obviously I’m being optimistic and implying I’m not arrogant at times).

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I look forward to Tuckums hard lining Putin in this interview, asking the tough questions and on the spot fact checking! I'm sure he won't look and sound like a brown nosing, sycophant, throwing Putin soft-ball questions, fawning over his strength and authority!

I hear that's the name of Putin's new men's cologne line..."Strength and Authority" By Vlad

LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Tucker says in video above it will be unedited:

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I don't know you personally so your arrogance really isnt on the table.

Yet if one is so completely sold on their ideas and opinions being correct, then defending them should come just naturally.

Not everyone likes to argue, debate or even discuss. I think it's healthy and thought provoking.

Tell me how you got there, I'll tell you the same. Show me the error in my logic, and I can reciprocate.

Now, I'm confident that Tucker will not move Putins needle one bit but the entire point is to have it out in the open.

Hell, why not shoot for the moon and push for peace talks in the interview.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Who we prefer and who we have to choose from are vastly different.

Its not a perfect system nor is it static.
edit on 6-2-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I voted for Perot.

Lol.

Trump vote was similar FU.

Really hope we get a Meili with a chainsaw in the future.

Rand just not the same though he larped with one.

Love his father Ron, but Rand disappoints half the time.

Edit: on topic, Tucker has some real FU energy, and this interview sure is a great big FU to the controlled media!
edit on 6-2-2024 by pianopraze because: ETA

edit on 6-2-2024 by pianopraze because: Correcting autocorrect. Changed ‘freak’ to ‘real’

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Now, I'm confident that Tucker will not move Putins needle one bit but the entire point is to have it out in the open.

Agreed. I’ve argued a lot against the current Russian position. But one thing that has bugged me is that our politicians have a similar way of handling their public discourse.

Biden hasn’t gone to the debates, acknowledged the primary process, attended interviews that are the norm like the pre Super Bowl, or even been open to debates.

The same can be said for his opponent.

There’s a level of entitlement that gets prevalent in the powerful. They forget they have to sell themselves to the electorate, though I suppose the lack of competition allows for that.

I can’t really say the popular media here really does any favors to the condition.

That said, the podcast scene is pretty hopeful. While it’s incredibly discouraging that the two candidates are influence by Fox and friends or morning Joe, I do have to note other generations and camps have more access to discourse than decades ago.

We’ve gotten close on flipping the script a few times. Perot, Paul, Bernie and Trump.

I think there’s an urge to do something different across generations and spectrum. It will just take the right time, person, and generation.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Vivek was closer to what you describe than Trump, in rhetoric anyway.

The cast on down left plenty to be desired.

Then there's the other side where they have a massive deficit in not only candidates, but candidates of quality.

Its kind of promising actually in a twisted way.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Your edit gave me a chuckle!
I hope you see why.

link   

edit on 2/6/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

link   

There’s a level of entitlement that gets prevalent in the powerful. They forget they have to sell themselves to the electorate, though I suppose the lack of competition allows for that.

Do you consider Trumps rock and roll style campaign strategy a method of selling himself?

I think there’s an urge to do something different across generations and spectrum. It will just take the right time, person, and generation.

I tend to agree. We've talked in the past about Trump being the result, not the problem. As long as Trump is around and the gov't plays their games, it only bolsters the numbers.

For example, people aren't suddenly realizing Democrats are correct for anything that the country needs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join