It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files is feeding from us

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You're joking right?

I mean using ATS to research fringe topics to create content, that's hardly an infringement. Never seen him quote or screenshot... Which maybe could be deemed such.
As to sources, it doesn't really serve you well to cite a mesage board like ATS, and he usually tells us where the story originally break or come from and most do not originate nor brake on ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It was shown on a laptop in one of his videos. I can’t remember which one but I did post here about it when it happened.

It was on the white screen. So most likely not a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: belkide

Good for him! It's an excellent show that no doubt helps to open a few minds due to its popularity. Sure he could credit ATS threads/members, or mention the site.

It's not that he "could" he "should", otherwise is copyright infringement. If hr gains money from it then he should have permission.

I'd like to know "specifically" what you think he has infringed upon?

He doesn't owe anything to anyone for anything. He has created one of the best YT channels since Joe Rogan.
Hearing these arguments is like listening to my wife argue with another woman about the color of a table cloth.
I'm all ears if I am missing something. But it seems TWF has simply and modestly mentioned this site in some of his videos. That could only help this site. I really do not understand why you are hitting yourself in the face.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You're joking right?

Wrong.

I mean using ATS to research fringe topics to create content, that's hardly an infringement.

We were not talking about using ATS for research, we were talking about "take whatever they can".
That's different and copyright protected.

As to sources, it doesn't really serve you well to cite a mesage board like ATS, and he usually tells us where the story originally break or come from and most do not originate nor brake on ATS.

If it's good enough to be a source then it should be presented as such, otherwise they are not being truthful about their sources.

PS: by "they" I mean everyone doing it.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
I'd like to know "specifically" what you think he has infringed upon?

I suppose you didn't notice the "if", which shows that I don't know if he did it or not.

In fact, I'm not in a position of knowing if they have ever shown material taken from ATS, as I watched once a small part (I think videos are mostly a waste of time) of one of their videos and I hated it, so I never even tried to watch any of their videos again.

He doesn't owe anything to anyone for anything.

If he uses material taken from other people then he owes it to them, as it's not his material.

He has created one of the best YT channels since Joe Rogan.

That's irrelevant.

Hearing these arguments is like listening to my wife argue with another woman about the color of a table cloth.
I'm all ears if I am missing something. But it seems TWF has simply and modestly mentioned this site in some of his videos. That could only help this site. I really do not understand why you are hitting yourself in the face.

It's in the terms and conditions of use to which anyone using the site agrees with.
Agreeing to something and not following the agreement is not nice, to put it mildly. If someone gains money from it then it's even worse.

edit on 7/2/2024 by ArMaP because: bad formatting

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Well. I guess you don't know what a shovel is.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 12:54 AM
link   

With the fuel tank, the citation was "web sleuths", I can try dig and see if there is video still on their channel youtube but cant guarantee it will still be there.

If the news where still saying it was unidentified after his post, its pretty telling, "authorities" hadnt even got to the scene.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

Well. I guess you don't know what a shovel is.

Although my English vocabulary is not as vast as it could be, I think I know, but I don't understand the relevance to the conversation.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'd like to think my English vocabulary is above average, and I don't understand the relevance either. But then, I'm not a welder.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

You two need to get a room please.

And my reference is to digging your hole deeper. Which regardless of English comprehension, I don't think he would understand nor care.

And with that, I'm off to binge watch some more TWF videos on YT!

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

What if I told you..
That I may know somebody who is a member of Why Files Discord....and also...
...a member of ATS as well.

And sure is a noisy little mouse about bringing suggestions from topics he researches on ATS (and other sites).
But indeed, ATS is like.....a library of the consciousness of (an interesting part) of humanity, a repsitory if you will, for data, experiences, ideas, speculations (and hoaxes) about phenomenon (and stuff). Ive been parusing for 20+ years, this is where I come for "UFO research" and when I want to poke around researching strangeness and phenoms, myths, and legends. Im like "well lets go see what ATS has to say on the topic".

But I know that I cant be the only one that opens my mouth and says "Hey I want to see a video that dives deeper into Denver International" or....you watch a video and he only briefly touches on a subject that I really dig, so I will be like "hey, lets get some more of (insert_whatever)".

EDIT: But ultimately.....yes I wondered that exact thing too, how MUCH of his data does he get from ATS, cuz i would expect it is at least some.

Respectfully,
-hydro
edit on 6-2-2024 by hydr0cannibal because: I forgot to credit the OP that I share also in his curiosity, and that its valid.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Does AJ read the threads like a Watcher or does he participate in ATS?

I forget the proper terminology but I remember learning that there are only “so many ideas” floating around in the collective, so someone else is bound to have the same idea.

Regardless, the topics are interesting, the coverage is well researched and the presentation entertaining.

That is so much more than what can be said of MOST that is presented today.

Yes, even the annoying HeckleFish!!

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2

With the fuel tank, the citation was "web sleuths", I can try dig and see if there is video still on their channel youtube but cant guarantee it will still be there.

Saying that someone somewhere said something is not a copyright infringement, copying some kind of data from another source may be, and in the case of ATS, it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I can tell you one thing from personal experience as a video artist/filmmaker.

AI has opened pandoras box of legalities, lawfulness, permission, etc for every content creator, publisher, anyone that uses the www for research purposes to create content destined for public consumption.

Anyone can feed data into an AI processor, and claim ownership of the content created. can o worms....

www.msn.com...

hbr.org...

edit on 7-2-2024 by lilzazz because: syntax

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
Anyone can feed data into an AI processor, and claim ownership of the content created. can o worms....

For now...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don’t think they feed so much as promote here. I know a lot of people who listen to the Why Files on this site, as do I, which is how I found it in the first place when I saw the post about Kozyrev mirrors.

It’s a good show, with a good format. At first Hecklefish annoyed the hell out of me, but pretty soon, he became an indispensable character injecting some one liners that have caused me to spray my coffee with laughter.

So while there is likely some kind of mutually beneficial relationship here, I don’t think that AJ Gentile is gathering all his show points from this site or the posters on here. Currently ATS is my go to site for all the oddball paranormal stuff. Lately it’s been better without all the politics. a reply to: belkide

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin
Some people don't believe that a fart can lead to spontaneous combustion.

This, perhaps, may be why, race-car drivers and politicians, and Lizid-People, wear fireproof suits, maybe, sometimes.

More research is needed.

What good would a fire-proof suit be if the spontaneous combustion comes from the inside out? Oh, a faster death perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join