It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files is feeding from us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think it was David Letterman who quoted Dr. Love a few decades ago.
That was interesting.
(Dr.Love is long gone from here)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Although, my posts might be able to put some people with insomnia to sleep better than a sleeping pill does.

Ha funny, you’re posts are great, I always consider what you have to say especially when it comes to health related topics, you’re like my unofficial doctor.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess2

Well, I'm actually honoured if they truly saw my post. For every 99 theories I throw out there, they picked up on the one I guessed right.

As for The Why Files, AJ has a team of researches, in primis, his brother, Gino, who is an avid fan of everything unusual. So, it makes sense if ATS is a good source for information.

Also, he does ask his viewers to propose ideas, and has a submit tips/ideas form for people to send their research. I've even sent him something, not ATS related, and I know other members here are on his Discord.

Lastly, I saw the screenshot indicated in the OP and here is the thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like he wasn't logged on at the time, so we can't be sure he has an account here, although, I imagine Gino does.

In the end, AJ has always maintained to be an entertainer and not a researcher, his talent is in putting together the information at hand into a coherent and entertaining story. Unfortunately, YouTube is stifling for him, but he's found ways around that, via podcasts, to do the deeper dives and discuss the taboo subjects YT doesn't permit.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

I love these guys. Been watching for a while. They have interesting topics right up my aisle.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Good for him! It's an excellent show that no doubt helps to open a few minds due to its popularity. Sure he could credit ATS threads/members, or mention the site. But it's great to have a popular youtube 'champion' of sorts who gets these stories to a broader audience and seems to deny ignorance

And the fish is great

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I always give screen credit to the members who inspire my films.

Why and Fish should do the same.
edit on 4-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Good to know

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   
young son is a lot more interested in the nature of our reality than any other YouTube video or Social Media Thread, thanks to the WF.
a reply to: McGinty

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What does it matter if they do copy from ATS?
Can you name a single thread on this site that the originating topic hasn't been sourced from something else?

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's an open forum here. Unless you go out of your way to copyright your posts, it's essentially free use. I love WF, and AJ does his research and adds amazing balanced opinions and commentary. He's a true expert of his niche craft.

That said can we please stop posting WF threads about nothing but a redirect to WF? You know who you are, and I'm not mad, but add some opinions and summaries at least. Let's make ATS great again.

And with that, I'll sign off with.. eh..
Stay salty, ATS

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

This was the intention of my thread actually, just couldn't put it to words properly. I love WF as well since long time and its hi quality content.

For the other members; this was not about "he should not do it", it was about "do you guys know we actually pave the way for a lot of people out there?" and again I couldn't put this to words too. My bad lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
I have been suspicious about it for a couple of years but then I saw a screenshot of our forum on a video. I was always like "Did he read our topics? Why is he talking about this after we just had a topic about this?" etc. The video is "The Moon's Dark Secret" and its at about 34 minute where the channel shares the site's screenshot. Any ideas to drive him to something which is nonsense just for fun? Because it looks like the channel relies on us.
Don't git too big foe ya britches!

He takes inspiration from many sources. And what better source than ATS?
You make it sound like you are angry if he does get inspiration from this site.
I really think posts like that are a genesis for toxicity online. Literally nothing is ever good enough.

So while you can go ahead and pat yourself on the back for being part of a community that has had some influence on the UFO/paranormal scene. You really should not. It is disgusting to watch.

The Why Files are one of the best recent things to happen for people with our interests in a long long time.
edit on 4-2-2024 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

No, it really is tragic that the flavor has been wrung out of the chewing gum so f#ng hard that TheWhyFiles even exists.

Every single story has been told a dozen times. If anyone is searching for any sort of sign of impending doom, that's it right there.

The only fitting repository for all this crap is now the SCP Files. Watching this weird new generation fuddle with all the crap we've left behind is amusing. Some of it is honestly good and nearly borders on novelty.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, gonna suck for him and anyone else, if it all goes "poof" in May.

But I think we are a great place to look for ideas, and then go deep dive on a subject.

There is literally a little bit of everything here.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Binge watched a bunch of these yesterday, TWF is fantastic! Why wouldn't they do some research here, we're a great resource.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The Why Files guy reeks of an intelligence asset to me.

The Why Files seems no different than Snopes. It exists to debunk alien/UFO stories. In his videos, he selectively features certain facts that support the debunking of that video's topic, and ignores the facts that support the validity of that topic.

The last video I watched was where he "debunked" Roswell. He left out or glossed over so much stuff in that video, it was maddening.

YouTube is notorious for deleting alien/UFO videos...I have a playlist of 200 or so interesting UFO lectures and videos and 90% of the playlist consists of videos that were deleted after I added them. Yet the WF hasn't been censored at all--on the contrary, YouTube seems to be actively promoting the WF. Why has he not experienced the censorship that most other "conspiracy" channels have experienced?

Why are most other UfO/alien channels being demonetized or outright deleted...but the WF is being sponsored by multimillion dollar AAAA video games?

Also, the WF host's background seems like a made up background to me. He wrote software for the CIA, then somehow supposedly became the host of a radio program (WTF, weird career arc), then tried to open up a radio recording studio. The first time I read his biography, I was like, that's the most made up # I've ever heard in my life lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mulder11

AJ has explained (ranted) about the censorship problem during various After Files live shows. Some of his videos have been demonetized or he has had to re-edit because he let slip somethings that Youtube flagged. He has learned how far he can push certain narratives. In fact, he usually explains why certain topic requests cannot be presented. So, if he avoids certain aspects of the conspiracies, it's usually for that reason.

To get the full spectrum of each topic, including the taboo angles, then he invites everyone to listen to the podcasts.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I found Why files from a post on here about a year or so ago..

the presentation has vastly improved from where he started. Sometimes the Bits with Hecklefish get a bit much but i can overlook those. He has a great speaking voice which makes both the YT vids and the podcasts a pleasure to listen too.

The afterfile discussions are usually pretty good, tho they go on way to long for me to hang around.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mulder11
The Why Files guy reeks of an intelligence asset to me.

What kind of any intelligence asset would ignore youtube, X, Gttr, Gab, Parler, all Qanon sites and ATS for that matter.

Anonymity and privacy is as dead as the horse that keeps being beaten.

edit on 5-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Good for him! It's an excellent show that no doubt helps to open a few minds due to its popularity. Sure he could credit ATS threads/members, or mention the site.

It's not that he "could" he "should", otherwise is copyright infringement. If he gains money from it then he should have permission.

edit on 5/2/2024 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join