It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files is feeding from us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have been suspicious about it for a couple of years but then I saw a screenshot of our forum on a video. I was always like "Did he read our topics? Why is he talking about this after we just had a topic about this?" etc. The video is "The Moon's Dark Secret" and its at about 34 minute where the channel shares the site's screenshot. Any ideas to drive him to something which is nonsense just for fun? Because it looks like the channel relies on us.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Certainly he may be discussing things he read here. Or elsewhere, just like we discuss things we have read elsewhere. Why do you think that so many of the things Trump says end up here or the names he calls people end up here. Why do so many of the talking points of the liberals and the conservatives here sound so much like the liberal and conservative talking points elsewhere.

I think it's in the nature of our current writers contest topic, ''interwoven''. It's all interwoven.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

He says he gets the idea for a topic from his Discord members and those who contribute money on a monthly basis to the Why Files; they have a live chat feature on several of their platforms...There is something called After files where new topics are discussed youtu.be... . This After Files had 1400 participants and sometime in March there will be a video about Big Foot.

I would assume trying to put out a video on an interesting topic each week is not easy as far as coming up with a new idea to present. IMO there are occasionally interesting topics Here at ATS so if I were the Why Files I would be checking ATS out too.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

One of the more recent videos, Project 8200, I don't think I heard about that on ATS before the Why Files video a few weeks ago. Of course I might have just missed the thread. There are a lot of AJ's videos that have been talked about on here but that's the nature of this website and his channel.

I think it's an okay overlap. Some people prefer information with text and links and rabbit holes. Other people like video format with comedy injected in.

At the end of the day, I'm on the fence on what I prefer. I do like how AJ debunks the stories at the end of the video, I learn more in that part than most of the preliminary content. The one thing that comes to mind is the John Titor Why Files episode, I didn't know about the brothers that probably hoaxed the whole thing. ATS does a good job as well, we have skeptics and very knowledgable folks here from all walks of life.

I don't think you are going to trick him into making a video based on a bogus thread here.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some people don't believe that a fart can lead to spontaneous combustion.

This, perhaps, may be why, race-car drivers and politicians, and Lizid-People, wear fireproof suits, maybe, sometimes.

More research is needed.

edit on 3/3/2024 by KnowItAllKnowNothin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Alex Jones, Clyde Lewis, Jesse Ventura, John B Wells, they're all here in some form or fashion.

I wonder if Corsetti and Unchartered X visit.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I once made a thread about a friend of mine in Colorado who was experiencing some "high strangeness" events.

An ATS member alerted me to the fact that the owner of a popular paranormal-themed website had cut and pasted my OP, and put it on their site. Literally, a complete cut and paste job. The lazy bastard!

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think it should be flattering that ATC is where people go for reliable information regarding alternative news and fringe conspiracies. I know a lot of people consider WF? to be a government psyop...me I haven't really seen any evidence for that but I have heard a million people say such a thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Shoutout to hecklefish !

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was quite popular in Russia for awhile, I even made a thread about it here . . .

You Are Only Paranoid if They Aren't Out to Get You

Have you given any thought to the idea that you are being monitored on ATS by the government? If so, have you thought about which governments might be paying attention to you? I'm talking about you personally, do you think anyone may be paying any attention to your posts or threads here on ATS?

I suggest you run a search on your user names here and elsewhere like I just did.

You Are Only Paranoid If

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He probably owns the site.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
He probably owns the site.

Nah, but he would be the perfect owner! This place would take off!!

Somebody should solicit him to do so…

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Alex Jones, Clyde Lewis, Jesse Ventura, John B Wells, they're all here in some form or fashion.

I wonder if Corsetti and Unchartered X visit.

That’s the hard part with these guys.

They don’t like to share for free…

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, seems someone believes the stuff we discuss here is worth repeating. I highly doubt if they quoted one of my posts on the Why files, they probably do not want to drive viewers away with what I say.

Although, my posts might be able to put some people with insomnia to sleep better than a sleeping pill does.
edit on 3-2-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The local news here had seen our posts here in regard to the fueltank for that Indian rocket washed up on shorelast year. They said what it was before even the relevant authorities knew, and its because it was identified in a comment on here.

As for making up some nonsense thread, I would go with a cryptid story, like Drop Bears or something

This comment:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-2-2024 by BeTheGoddess2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 02:15 AM
link   

He would be a bad researcher if he wouldn't have stumbled over ATS in his research.

Almost every topic so far has been covered on ATS with explanations from the fringest of the fringe all the way to the mundane.

If you think this is a private club sorry, when you post here it's not yours anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   
They can take whatever they can use for their channel I think , I don't know actually if there's a creative commons on these kind of threads we produce?

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
All content was (and maybe iven still is) copyright to the Above Network, broadcast news services can quote othe news services, but should be attributed.

You have seen news service cite Reddit?, they just dont want to admit they found it here when they do. We are looked down on more than reddit users...

a reply to: 0bserver1

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Point 6) of the Terms and Conditions of Use:

6) Use Of Content; Copyright. All content created by Users of TAN website are governed by an "Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivs 3.0 Unported" Creative Commons Deed (hereinafter "Creative Commons License"). Users can share, distribute, copy, and transmit the work Users find on TAN websites provided Users provide proper attribution that includes the name of the Website User, the name of the Website, and a link to the content thread. These usage rights do not apply to any commercial use of the content found on TAN websites, and such use is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization from TAN. These usage rights also do not apply to derivative works, and such use is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization from TAN. Each post of each thread contains a "copyright" link that clearly specifies the method in which the material may be shared, distributed, modified, or used.

You will not copy, distribute, display, or publicly perform material from the Websites to Post on other websites or quote in offline research in a manner that does not comply with the Creative Commons License that specifies the author's member name as a member of AboveTopSecret.com, includes The Above Network, LLC and the member as owners of the content, provides the title of the thread, and a full URL to the board thread. 

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join