It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge ancient city found in the Amazon.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Speaking of burden of proof… about that settlement built with mammoth bones… got a kinky link?

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Google these sites:

Mezhirich, Mezin, Dobranichevka and Gontsy.

Another interesting site is, catalhoyuk, very interesting housing and well preserved site, 7500bc, it's said to be a direct link to the older sites found in the western Russia / Ukraine region, when mammoth and mega fauna started dying out bands of people migrated south and west.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

People hypothesise that nuclear war could have taken place 1000's of years ago. Makes you wonder.

No matter how good they were with stone their culture was still at the raw stone level, so how does a culture achieve even technology of let's say the 1200s?

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Here's a good visual of a lot of the site locations:

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What fringe theory and how am I belittling??

I am not saying muh aliens..

I am saying for all we know (and we know nothing more than a tiny fricking snapshot) earlier humans could have developed different techniques for doing things. You are looking at 12k years and saying this is history I am going what about the history prior to the last ice age all around the globe.

ETA: I dont know how they would have developed differently it could be something as simple as Edison vs Tesla over light bulbs, considering how fragmented our knowledge is of the ancient past we will most likely never know what happened prior to the last ice age beyond a best guess.

edit on 38Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:38:51 -060038511111amf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Cheers fp!

I’ll have a look-see

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Perhaps this is the vindication of Colonel Percy Fawcett, who lost his life in 1924 looking for a "lost city" in the Amazonian jungle, which he deduced from the vague reports of the very early Portuguese explorers.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

We don't all have the same ancestors!

My people are from northern and western Europe not south America, they are not my people.

The propaganda of the new world order establishment would like us to think otherwise!

Just like the bogus out of Africa theory.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Dolni Vestonice is just about my favourite archaeological site, it has everything, but seems to particularly demonstrate an advancement in fired ceramics.

The Dolní Věstonice artifacts also include some of the earliest examples of fired clay sculptures, including the Venus of Dolní Věstonice, and date back to 26,000 BP. The female figurine is a ceramic statuette depiction of a wide-hipped, nude female. This figurine is similar to other figurines found throughout the area at nearby archaeological sites such as Willendorf and the Caves of Grimaldi (see Grimaldi Man). In 2004, a tomograph scan of the figurine showed a fingerprint of a child who must have handled it before it was fired. A majority of the clay figurines at Dolní Věstonice were found around either the dugout or the central fire pit located within the site.

en.wikipedia.org...(archaeological_site)

I find it fascinating just how a high-level of technology they possessed, not just ceramics but manufacture of fibres and the weaving of nets. The one-eyed woman burial is also of interest, where you see the relationship between injury and/or in being in some way physically deformed having some kind of value to the community to the extent that the person was venerated and buried in this peculiar way, with the mammoth scapula and fox hide. And of course the mammoth bone huts which show a technique that combined materials to make a durable structure, utilising the bones that they seem to have had in abundance as well as wood and probably manufactured fibres.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

That part of the world during those times seemed to have put a lot of effort into 'differnt' people, and giving them grand burials, we still don't know exactly why.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterdata

My people are from northern and western Europe not south America, they are not my people.

The propaganda of the new world order establishment would like us to think otherwise!

Obviously you can believe whatever theory you choose to believe....but based on the evidence available to us at present I'm afraid the 'Out of Africa' is the best theory we have.

If you have evidence to suggest other perhaps you could start a thread on the subject and I and I'm sure others would gladly contribute.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I don't, myself, lean towards the lazy explanation of "shaman" either. Certainly not in the instance of this woman at least. If the primary economy was hunting, the shaman would need to be able bodied in order to follow, if not lead, the hunt. This woman would not have been much use in that capacity. Her value to the community, if based upon her "difference", doesn't need to have been spiritual simply because physically she was impaired.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm going to make a guess that this city is way older than twenty five hundred years old. Those buildings down there were built well, the civilizations in that areas thrived for a very long time. I would guess that the city might be six thousand years old. I do know a few people that actually went down around that area to gather info about those ancient cultures. They even had some of the stuff carbon dated near the digs that were going on and they were like five thousand or more years old.

There is a general weakness in obtaining the true dating of structures because of organics. People can have built or even used structures from millennia ago and yet what is tested is often whatever is that last vestiges of what was left -- food, textiles, wood used to maintain structure roofs, cooking areas etc. All of those things have only an implied relationship to the age of the stone and mineral (think road bed or concrete) structure that may or may not be there. It is very difficult to definitively tie it to the age of whatever was tested.

Fortunately there are some structures that can't be too obfuscated time-wise because they are under the sea and the timeline of that land being exposed is pretty well understood to not be "a few thousand years ago". Even with those, mainstream "science", as if it's very existence depends on it, will just look the other way as if investigation outside the status quo is an act of treason.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Obviously you can believe whatever theory you choose to believe....but based on the evidence available to us at present I'm afraid the 'Out of Africa' is the best theory we have.

If you have evidence to suggest other perhaps you could start a thread on the subject and I and I'm sure others would gladly contribute.

Out of Africa has been pretty well passed on for some time. It could have a thread, but it hasn't been pushed for some time except maybe on social media for racial reasons.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Your article doesn't suggest that out of Africa never happened, it's just attempting to downplay it a bit.

The out of Africa theory consists of "waves" of modern human (the genetic ancestoral makeup that makes us who we are now) migration out of Africa, all OUR most common ancestors evolved in or around Africa, there might be some mix and matching here and there, most notable is the Neanderthals, but for the most part our hominid ancestors came from Africa, and eventually homo sapein evolved there and migrated out filling in or competing with other hominid species.
Because the first major wave was rather successful, and small waves followed, homo sapeins just simply outbred and competed, until some other major waves occurred sealing the deal.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

a shamans value to the tribe would be quite high maybe even unparalleled by any other member
id imagine a shaman if disabled would be carried by more able tribe members.

A given shaman is usually known for certain mental characteristics, such as an intuitive, sensitive, mercurial, or eccentric personality, which may be accompanied by some physical defect, such as lameness, an extra finger or toe, or more than the normal complement of teeth.

the shaman was also able to tell where the animals would be going and where better lands were
by communing with the spirit guides, they wouldn't be hunting as that wasn't their role , i mean hunting is pretty dangerous and to lose your shaman on a hunting trip would have been disastrous for the whole tribe.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien1982
a shamans value to the tribe would be quite high maybe even unparalleled by any other member
id imagine a shaman if disabled would be carried by more able tribe members.

We certainly know that that is sometimes the case, but not always, the role and responsibilities of what we term "shamanism" vary according to the needs of the society which they serve and the natural environment that that society inhabits. Additionally what we do know about shamanism is limited to studies conducted in the last couple of hundred years and which in the early years of anthropology studies were often distorted by the predjudices of the observer. More recent studies suggest that the shaman themselves are prone to turn trickster on anyone who tries to delve too deeply and can be highly unreliable sources of information about what their actual role is.

originally posted by: sapien1982
the shaman was also able to tell where the animals would be going and where better lands were
by communing with the spirit guides, they wouldn't be hunting as that wasn't their role , i mean hunting is pretty dangerous and to lose your shaman on a hunting trip would have been disastrous for the whole tribe.

Getting it wrong can result in a torturous death by binding for the shaman in some societies. The harsher the environment, the higher the stakes. The shaman, as leader of the hunt, or war parties against neighbours, is usually a frontline role. But again, I don't think we understand nearly enough to make too many assumptions. Besides, personally, I think that "shamanism" would have been far from the only kind of "wisdom" that was of value to the community, in many case seperate to the shaman is the secret society of medicine men/women.

Also, given their mastery of fire, and the manufacture of ceramic figures that there is a fair argument to be made that caring for the sick and injured combined with child-birthing may have presented an opportunity to further develop their industries, allowing less able and mobile members of the community to contribute and to develop sufficient surplus to their needs to facilitate networks of exchange. She may have been a shaman, or a medicine woman, or the guardian of the fire. I don't think we know nearly enough to be sure...but no harm in supposing.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 1/25/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm going to make a guess that this city is way older than twenty five hundred years old. Those buildings down there were built well, the civilizations in that areas thrived for a very long time. I would guess that the city might be six thousand years old. I do know a few people that actually went down around that area to gather info about those ancient cultures. They even had some of the stuff carbon dated near the digs that were going on and they were like five thousand or more years old.

ME too, and I am back Ricky. They dumped me for some reason, and never gave me the reason. Maybe my desire for the white hats to actually do something? IDK>

Thank you for your logical posts that I didn't get a chance to thank because of being dumped from here.

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I will modify your concept a bit and say out of Africa but the one big land mass theory might have been much more recent in our geology. That may be or even is a plausible debate. We weren't here for the big event to see the things so we might know or not if the geological shifts really did happen in big steps. Carbon dating is next to useless IMO. Ice core data has some promise with trapped air bubbles being the source of the data.
edit on 7-2-2024 by AnotherJustoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join