It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Electors vs Fake Electors - What is the Difference.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They could have not played along with Trump and his loyal cronies?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

The Wikipedia articles that sumerize all the sources.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Correct. We are indicting US Citizens for using their Constitutional Rights.

The First Amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

There were stating their grievances. There is nothing wrong with that. Did none of you see the days following the 2017 inauguration? It was ok because it was Trump.

After the 2016 election the left and the GOP openly lobbied to have electors change their position. Nothing was done. They were trying to circumvent the voter. On 1/6 they were trying to make sure the voter was heard.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

There is nothing to play along with. In those states where the electorate could be challenged it would be smart to have a group of alt electors. If fraud was found, and you could tie it to an elector, they would be disqualified. You would then need an alternate.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's not what was going on. Trumps team was sending random people from wherever, to try and muscle in fake elector votes, so when Congress and Pence got the votes it would be found that something funny was going on and everything would be thrown out.

They were fraudulent. But the checks and balances put in place caught them and rejected them.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: WingDingLuey

The Wikipedia articles that sumerize all the sources.

I'll accept your fake answer as BS. Thanks anyway 😞

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That's not what was going on. Trumps team was sending random people from wherever, to try and muscle in fake elector votes, so when Congress and Pence got the votes it would be found that something funny was going on and everything would be thrown out.

They were fraudulent. But the checks and balances put in place caught them and rejected them.

Lol.

I mean I know we don't..and shouldn't..hold congress in high esteem and capability but to make the case that somehow there was a bait and switch is laughably absurd.

Even after all these years, I guess folks will still fall for the narrative.

Alternate electors are legal and have been used historically to effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

They weren't alternate electors. They were flat out fake.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime
a reply to: WeMustCare

Some states had individuals willing to swear that they were rightful electors despite the elections results and went as far as put on fake or a "dramatized" performance of them certifying the election results for the incorrect candidate.

I think "fake" aptly suits the situation. This video from AZ sums it up the "fake" nicely...

Why arrest people who pretended to be legitimate? They had no power. Law Enforcement people are not that trifling, unless someone forced to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Friday, January 5, 2024

I've seen a large number of news articles citing "Fake Electors", with some of them being arrested.

For those of you who remember the 2020 election challenges, there were state-specific sets of ALTERNATE Electors assembled...

President Trump’s allies are preparing to send an “alternate” slate of electors to Congress, senior White House adviser Stephen Miller said Monday, signaling Trump will drag out his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election even after the Electoral College certifies Joe Biden as the winner.

“As we speak, today, an alternate slate of electors in the contested states is going to vote and we’re going to send those results up to Congress,” he continued. “This will ensure that all of our legal remedies remain open. That means that if we win these cases in the courts, that we can direct that the alternate state of electors be certified.”
Source: thehill.com...

ALTERNATE Electors are a legal component of the U.S. Election process. Where is the news media and Democrats finding these FAKE Electors to fine and arrest?

Surely they're not labeling the "alternates" as "fakes".

That would make the Media and Democrats more stupid than we thought they were!

-WeMustCare

The difference between alternate electors and fake electors is that alternate electors follow the laws of the state in which they reside and fake electors don't. A slate of electors in a state has to be selected by vote of the legislature of that state and certified by the executive of that state. The executive of that state (governor or attorney general) then sends a letter of ascertainment to Congress and the National Archives certifying that the slate of electors is real. If a group of random RWNJs sends a counterfeit letter of ascertainment to Congress and the National Archives that never went through the state legislature and/or state executive while claiming that they were "duly elected and qualified", that is clearly fake.

If there is a real controversy in a state about the slate of electors then the state legislature and the state executive will send two different letters to the Congress and National Archives and ultimately have to choose one over the other.

This shouldn't be that hard to understand. Here's a helpful hint: if you have to forge a counterfeit document to get the outcome you want, what you're doing is illegal. Why do Trump supporters have such difficulty understanding and abiding by the law?

Sounds like they wanted to save the country from cheater Joe/Democrats. Hopefully, in 2025, President Trump will give them an award and compensation for their attempts.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Why arrest someone who impersonated a federal employee authorized to conduct the electoral process using electoral materials in a fraudulent manner?

That's a dumb question.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Michigan is a good example of fake. The document these "electors" signed stated that they were "duly elected". They were not. It also states that they "convened at the state Capitol to sign". The did not, they met at the GOP HQ in the middle of the night, then tried to bring the doc to the Capitol in the morning, where they were barred from entry as they were not electors.

Unfortunately for them, besides the fraudulent document,one of them tweeted and emailed about all of this as it was going on, talked about Trump and his team reaching out to them to do this, and her husband recorded a video of them trying to get into the Capitol the morning after they signed it.

I get it. Someone told these guys/gals that were they were doing was legal and positive. The authorities need to find the person who organized that Michigan operation, and ask him why the fraud.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

They weren't alternate electors. They were flat out fake.

No, they certainly were alternate slates of electors.

To be used should they need be.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: strongfp

There is nothing they could do though. There was no crime to commit. They may feel strong about their convictions and to that I would give props unless they are suddenly blaming Trump.

They wanted it then. No one was forced. No coercion. These people made a choice to be ready if needed and since Pence decided to let it move forward it is now a done deal.

Well, they didn't just do it on their own.

Then-President Donald Trump's campaign directly orchestrated the filing of a certificate, signed by 16 Michigan Republicans, that falsely claimed he won the state's 2020 election, according to internal campaign emails obtained by The Detroit News.

The documents, which have become part of Attorney General Dana Nessel's ongoing investigation into the slate of false electors, showed that Trump's campaign staff helped coordinate the Republicans' gathering inside state party headquarters on Dec. 14, 2020. Then, Trump's team prepared the official mailing of the false certificate to Vice President Mike Pence and the National Archives, according to the emails.

Later, when it was unclear whether the Michigan and Wisconsin certificates would make it to Washington, D.C., in time for the counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, Trump supporters, along with campaign employees, developed and executed a plan to fly the certificates there themselves.

Detroit News

If they were a "just in case" for any lawsuit, there would be no need to fly them to Pence.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
Many of the "Fake Electors" were implanted setup players. They created the fodder for the MSM. ⛔️

I hadn't thought of that. The overall scam to get Joe Biden in the White House was too complex for regular Democrats. The brain had to be someone smarter than Pelosi or Biden. Maybe Barack.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

OK, if you say so.

I'll just point you in the direction of my first post, you take that information as you want.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Electors representing each state are selected by the relevant party authorities and then voted in during general election. Electors who aren't voted in, aren't authorized to represent any votes they have counted or notarized. That's what makes them fake.

I assume you already knew this information given it took me about 90 seconds to Google it.

I don't stop when I reach a search result that makes me happy, as you apparently did. I kept reading and found that "alternate electors" are legal.

link   

OK, if you say so.

I'll just point you in the direction of my first post, you take that information as you want.

To wikipedia....

um, thanks, I guess.

link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Electors representing each state are selected by the relevant party authorities and then voted in during general election. Electors who aren't voted in, aren't authorized to represent any votes they have counted or notarized. That's what makes them fake.

I assume you already knew this information given it took me about 90 seconds to Google it.

I don't stop when I reach a search result that makes me happy, as you apparently did. I kept reading and found that "alternate electors" are legal.

Please quote the relevant selection and link the article in question.

edit on 6-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thank-you..."Un-Pledged" electors does seem much more accurate and descriptive than "Alternate" electors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join