It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Electors vs Fake Electors - What is the Difference.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Friday, January 5, 2024

I've seen a large number of news articles citing "Fake Electors", with some of them being arrested.

For those of you who remember the 2020 election challenges, there were state-specific sets of ALTERNATE Electors assembled...

President Trump’s allies are preparing to send an “alternate” slate of electors to Congress, senior White House adviser Stephen Miller said Monday, signaling Trump will drag out his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election even after the Electoral College certifies Joe Biden as the winner.

“As we speak, today, an alternate slate of electors in the contested states is going to vote and we’re going to send those results up to Congress,” he continued. “This will ensure that all of our legal remedies remain open. That means that if we win these cases in the courts, that we can direct that the alternate state of electors be certified.”
Source: thehill.com...

ALTERNATE Electors are a legal component of the U.S. Election process. Where is the news media and Democrats finding these FAKE Electors to fine and arrest?

Surely they're not labeling the "alternates" as "fakes".

That would make the Media and Democrats more stupid than we thought they were!

-WeMustCare

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Some states had individuals willing to swear that they were rightful electors despite the elections results and went as far as put on fake or a "dramatized" performance of them certifying the election results for the incorrect candidate.

I think "fake" aptly suits the situation. This video from AZ sums it up the "fake" nicely...

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Friday, January 5, 2024

I've seen a large number of news articles citing "Fake Electors", with some of them being arrested.

For those of you who remember the 2020 election challenges, there were state-specific sets of ALTERNATE Electors assembled...

President Trump’s allies are preparing to send an “alternate” slate of electors to Congress, senior White House adviser Stephen Miller said Monday, signaling Trump will drag out his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election even after the Electoral College certifies Joe Biden as the winner.

“As we speak, today, an alternate slate of electors in the contested states is going to vote and we’re going to send those results up to Congress,” he continued. “This will ensure that all of our legal remedies remain open. That means that if we win these cases in the courts, that we can direct that the alternate state of electors be certified.”
Source: thehill.com...

ALTERNATE Electors are a legal component of the U.S. Election process. Where is the news media and Democrats finding these FAKE Electors to fine and arrest?

Surely they're not labeling the "alternates" as "fakes".

That would make the Media and Democrats more stupid than we thought they were!

-WeMustCare

The difference between alternate electors and fake electors is that alternate electors follow the laws of the state in which they reside and fake electors don't. A slate of electors in a state has to be selected by vote of the legislature of that state and certified by the executive of that state. The executive of that state (governor or attorney general) then sends a letter of ascertainment to Congress and the National Archives certifying that the slate of electors is real. If a group of random RWNJs sends a counterfeit letter of ascertainment to Congress and the National Archives that never went through the state legislature and/or state executive while claiming that they were "duly elected and qualified", that is clearly fake.

If there is a real controversy in a state about the slate of electors then the state legislature and the state executive will send two different letters to the Congress and National Archives and ultimately have to choose one over the other.

This shouldn't be that hard to understand. Here's a helpful hint: if you have to forge a counterfeit document to get the outcome you want, what you're doing is illegal. Why do Trump supporters have such difficulty understanding and abiding by the law?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Learna reply to: WeMustCare

Dude you really should learn some.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Trump fake electors plot:

Following the results of the 2020 United States presidential election, an obstruction scheme was devised by 45th U.S. president Donald Trump and his allies in seven key swing states to create and submit fraudulent certificates of ascertainment that falsely asserted Trump had won the electoral college vote in those states.[1] The intent of the scheme was to pass the fraudulent certificates to then-vice president Mike Pence in the hope he would count them, rather than the authentic certificates, and thus overturn Joe Biden's victory

en.wikipedia.org...

Eastman Memos:

John C. Eastman tried to convince then-Vice President Mike Pence that he could overturn the election results on January 6, 2021 (when Congress counted the Electoral College votes) by throwing out electors from "7 states" – presumably Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, along with either New Mexico or the federal district Washington, D.C. Slates of electors declaring Trump the winner were submitted from the seven states, but the National Archives did not accept the unsanctioned documents and they did not explicitly enter the deliberations.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm finding a lot of double standards in regards to who is abusing American politics on ATS quite recently.
Trump and his campaign team were caught red handed trying to overturn the election in a fraudulent way, where is the deep discussion about this subject?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Michigan is a good example of fake. The document these "electors" signed stated that they were "duly elected". They were not. It also states that they "convened at the state Capitol to sign". The did not, they met at the GOP HQ in the middle of the night, then tried to bring the doc to the Capitol in the morning, where they were barred from entry as they were not electors.

Unfortunately for them, besides the fraudulent document,one of them tweeted and emailed about all of this as it was going on, talked about Trump and his team reaching out to them to do this, and her husband recorded a video of them trying to get into the Capitol the morning after they signed it.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Many of the "Fake Electors" were implanted setup players. They created the fodder for the MSM. ⛔️

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

How deep did you research and confirm all the "sources and references" from WIKI?

How many are dead ends or false opinion reports? Hmmm

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

All the sources are there for you to go through.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

All the sources are there for you to go through.

Good deflection and tangent.

All seem biased and vague. Which ones convinced you they were accurate? 😃

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Electors representing each state are selected by the relevant party authorities and then voted in during general election. Electors who aren't voted in, aren't authorized to represent any votes they have counted or notarized. That's what makes them fake.

I assume you already knew this information given it took me about 90 seconds to Google it.

edit on 6-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Did you know Bill, Hillary and AG Smith are all electors in NY? Some of you should read who they appoint.

Each state is different. Each one. However, the process to Congress is not. You could get 10 people at an Applebees and say we are going to be the new electors...and nothing would happen. They cannot actually do anything but good for them wanting to fight for voting integrity. Might want to look up Unpledged Electors because that would be a better description.

Now, to have a group ready if for some reason the current electors were scrubbed....would take months. This is why Congress wanted it pushed through on 1/6.

I think all of the 'fake elector' charges are nonsense. They had no power to do anything. Now, if some SecStates and AGs conspired we have crimes. Oh wait...that did happen.

If you knew you Civics you would know it was not possible and not regurgitate the MSM talking points we see over and over.

Now, faithless electors, like presented in 2016, went against Trump. 10. Find another time that happened in the modern era.

Link

On December 14, the Unite For America campaign released a video[36] published on YouTube and other media addressed directly to Republican electors urging that each of them individually, plus 36 of their colleagues (at least 37 Republican electors in total), vote for a Republican other than Donald Trump for President. The video featured numerous public figures,[37] including Debra Messing, Martin Sheen, and Bob Odenkirk, urging Republican electors to prevent a Trump presidency, expressing several times the message: "I'm not asking you to vote for Hillary Clinton". In electing an alternative Republican, the featured speakers ask the elector to become an "American hero" by using the elector's constitutional "authority" to give "service and patriotism to the American people" through a vote of "conscience.

Why was this ok but some people sitting around hoping to make a difference is akin to insurrection? Groups in the US were actively trying to get GOP electors to flip. THIS is an insurrection then too....
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002024-01-06T13:43:36-06:000136 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

There's 153 sources for you to look at in the two links I provided.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There's 153 sources for you to look at in the two links I provided.

I'll assume you drew biased opinions from biased sources without any research or verifications. ☢️

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The attempted, and blatant fraud actually happened, I'm not sure what more you want. It's not a biased opinion or take, Trump and his campaign team tried to forge fake electors and then mess with state elections for electors.
edit on 6-1-2024 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Electors representing each state are selected by the relevant party authorities and then voted in during general election. Electors who aren't voted in, aren't authorized to represent any votes they have counted or notarized. That's what makes them fake.

I assume you already knew this information given it took me about 90 seconds to Google it.

Neglected to include a source.

Electoral Selection and Function Per The US Constitution

a reply to: matafuchs

Your remarks compelled me to do some additional digging and hoo boy, this is going to stir the pot.

There is no federal law that requires electors to vote as they have pledged, but 29 states and the District of Columbia have legal control over how their electors vote in the Electoral College. This means their electors are bound by state law and/or by state or party pledge to cast their vote for the candidate that wins the statewide popular vote. At the same time, this also means that there are 21 states in the union that have no requirements of, or legal control over, their electors. Therefore, despite the outcome of a state’s popular vote, the state’s electors are ultimately free to vote in whatever manner they please, including an abstention, with no legal repercussions.

archive.fairvote.org...

edit on 6-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You got it....
I appreciate the fact you looked it all up.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

There is nothing they could do though. There was no crime to commit. They may feel strong about their convictions and to that I would give props unless they are suddenly blaming Trump.

They wanted it then. No one was forced. No coercion. These people made a choice to be ready if needed and since Pence decided to let it move forward it is now a done deal.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The attempted, and blatant fraud actually happened, I'm not sure what more you want. It's not a biased opinion or take, Trump and his campaign team tried to forge fake electors and then mess with state elections for electors.

What parts of the WIKI convinced you?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

There is nothing they could do though. There was no crime to commit. They may feel strong about their convictions and to that I would give props unless they are suddenly blaming Trump.

They wanted it then. No one was forced. No coercion. These people made a choice to be ready if needed and since Pence decided to let it move forward it is now a done deal.

Theres also a matter of an executive signature.

Be it governor or SoS.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join