It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blasts live: Deadly explosions target Soleimani death anniversary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seems like Islamic State is claiming responsibility.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

exactly my hearing on talk radio

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Just heard this as well.
Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran did this themselves-maybe as an excuse to escalate things in Israel.

It would surprise the hell out of me since a war with Israel is the last thing Iran wants--at least until they have a deliverable nuke.

Escalating things with Israel right now would go very badly for Iran, especially if the US, UK, and France get involved too.

Biden is working with Iran to do everything possible to avoid escalating to protect Iran. It's going beautifully for Iran so far. Why would they upset that?

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

gortex was correct.

Boss of Hezbollah Hasan Nasrallah yesterday blamed the attack on Israel.
Doubt he will issue a retraction of the statement though.

Its good that ISIS claimed the attack in a way,as Iran hopefully won'y be wanting to attack western interests in response.
Unless of course they have some wild theory about ISIS and israel being allies.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey

gortex was correct.

Boss of Hezbollah Hasan Nasrallah yesterday blamed the attack on Israel.
Doubt he will issue a retraction of the statement though.

Its good that ISIS claimed the attack in a way,as Iran hopefully won'y be wanting to attack western interests in response.
Unless of course they have some wild theory about ISIS and israel being allies.

Such a theory does exist. The US are also, supposedly, allies of ISIS, according to some...

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So Iran has egg on it's face. They immediately blamed 'zionists'.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Looks like you would have won that bet!
Talk about the fox in the hen house! I wonder how Iran will respond against their fellow 'muslims'?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Muslims have been killing other Muslims for donkeys years.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Yes, I know this.
But it will be interesting to see how Iran respond all the same.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

No worries - I know you knew.

Will be interesting indeed!

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Somebody blaming ISIS could be a red herring. 😀

ISIS might be a "SWATTING" victim. 😀

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

I thought it came from IS?

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I thought it came from IS?

You automatically believe that? Or even them? 😀

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You automatically don't?

Didn't say I believed it, just saying what's being said.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Islamic State claims responsibility for deadly Iran attack, Tehran vows revenge

Oh boy, here we go. I have explained many times here that Muslims in general over in the ME hate just about everyone, so it isn't just the Jews or Americans they would like to kill they love to kill each other too. We saw this during the Iraq war when we killed maybe 10k and the Sunni and Shia killed each other for the rest of the 990k deaths or whatever it ended up being.

ISIS was a massive flow across Iraq that was killing everything that moved and destroyed anything in their path including 4000-year-old buildings. Taliban would kill another Muslim in the blink of an eye, Saudi is up to what? 500k killed... It is who they are...

Now we are back to Sunni and Shia at it again in Iran with this latest attack. It was suicide bombers, so that kind of tells you all the level they are willing to go.

In a statement posted on its affiliate Telegram channels, the militant Sunni Muslim group said two IS members had detonated their explosive belts in the crowd that had gathered at the cemetery in the southeastern Iranian city of Kerman on Wednesday for the anniversary of Soleimani's death.

edit on x31Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:57:03 -060020243America/ChicagoThu, 04 Jan 2024 18:57:03 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Unknownparadox

Gee I wonder who would want to do that.

gee maybe it was one of the 41 other countires that had at least one of their citizens killed by POS terrorists, backed by a POS terrorist nation.

So blowing up innocent civilians at the 4th anniversary of his death is your solution?

How were the people there involved in any way?

You are aware this is an excellent way to create more "POS terrorists" right?

Bet you also support the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza too...

Besides it sounds like ISIS is taking credit for the bombing anyway. Bet you didn't wake up today thinking you would be aligning with them...
Source
Now I understand people like you hay have a hard time grasping this so let me try and break it down as simply as I can.

Not all people from the middle-east are filthy terrorists. Do I need to say it again or perhaps slower for it to sink in?

This was Iran in the 60's before the American sanctions and coups that left us with the Iran we know today.

edit on 4-1-2024 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

This was Iran in the 60's before the American sanctions and coups that left us with the Iran we know today.

jimmy carter imposed the first sanctions against iran in 1979. and do you know why he imposed sanctions? it was started with the iranian hostage crisis.

United States President Carter imposed sanctions against Iran in November 1979 after radical students seized the United States Embassy in Tehran and took hostages, after the United States permitted the exiled Shah of Iran to enter the United States for medical treatment.[5] Executive Order 12170 froze about US$8.1 billion in Iranian assets, including bank deposits, gold and other properties. It also imposed a trade embargo. The sanctions were lifted in January 1981 as part of the Algiers Accords, which was a negotiated settlement of the hostages’ release.[6]

Carter presidency

from that time on iran has backed terrorists, all sanctions have been due to that in some sort or another, the iran /iraq war,attacking u.S. vessels in the gulf, and a terrorist supporting nation building nuclear enrichment facilities.

in the 60's the Shah was in charge and they had the best economic and freedoms growth ever. so that picture from the 60's you posted is from a time when Iran was not under the sh@@bird jihadist iatolasshola khomeini and the other jihadist iatolassholas that followed who are in charge now, and had fairly decent relations with the U.S in the 60's and 70's. the problems started with the jihadist iatolasshola khomeini and the other jihadist iatolassholas sh@@birds.

Improvement of the educational system was made through the creation of new elementary schools. In addition, literacy courses were set up in remote villages by the Imperial Iranian Armed Forces, this initiative being called "Sepāh-e Dānesh" (Persian: سپاه دانش) meaning "Army of Knowledge". The Armed Forces were also engaged in infrastructural and other educational projects throughout the country "Sepāh-e Tarvij va Ābādāni" (Persian: سپاه ترویج و آبادانی lit. army for promotion and development) as well as in health education and promotion "Sepāh-e Behdāsht" (Persian: سپاه بهداشت lit. "army for hygiene"). The Shah instituted exams for Islamic theologians to become established clerics. Many Iranian university students were sent to and supported in foreign, especially Western, countries and the Indian subcontinent.

Between 1967 and 1977, the number of universities increased in number from 7 to 22, the number of institutions of advanced learning rose from 47 to 200, and the number of students in higher education soared from 36,742 to 100,000. Iran's literacy programs were among the most innovative and effective anywhere in the world, so that by 1977 the number of Iranians able to read and write had climbed from just 27 percent to more than 80 percent.[224]

In the field of diplomacy, Iran realized and maintained friendly relations with Western and East European countries as well as the state of Israel and China and became, especially through its close friendship with the United States, more and more a hegemonial power in the Persian Gulf region and the Middle Eastt.

The Shah sought to protect Iran's interests through various means such as funding foreign rebellions in Iraq, military support in Oman, financial/military action, and diplomacy, promoting the CIA to conclude that:
“In summary, thanks to the Shah himself and oil resources, Iran is well on its way to playing a leading role in the Mid East with a modernized elite, large economic resources and strong forces. Succession is always a question in an authoritarian regime, even a benevolent one, but each year reinforces the social and political momentum in the direction the Shah has set. I believe the U.S. can keep close to and benefit from this process and even influence Iran toward a positive regional and world role rather than a bid for area hegemony or other adventurism.”[230]

the two above from the shah's wiki page, which even though it's a wiki, you might want to read it all, and the sanction wiki so you can educate yourself a bit so you don't post ignorant things like your reply which you made to me. in the 60's and all but about a year in the 70's the U.S. Iran had fairly decent relations in that time frame.

Achievements

don't be ignorant deny ignorance.

edit on 5-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Cemeteries in both the Islamic and Christian worlds are considered sacred, special territories. Early Christians often gathered in cemeteries - because the Roman police had no right to touch them there. Desecration of graves is considered a serious crime in Islam. And murder in a cemetery, it seems, is not even mentioned in the collection of laws, because it is considered unthinkable. Perhaps I’m wrong and someone will correct me - I’m not an Islamic scholar.

Several sacrileges were committed from Iran's point of view on their soil by this act. In fact, the cemetery explosion signed the declaration of war. And this explosion in the cemetery of an ancient country (by the way, our ancestral home in many ways) will echo with many explosions in the world.

It’s as if the world today has turned into such a cemetery of people who don’t understand who they are. People who live... the wrong way. There are still living people in the world, but they often worship the dead, and there are many dead people posing as living. The dead, who are glorified, to whom songs are sung... This world cemetery, these “dead souls” - are in for great shocks. This is not an explosion at a cemetery in Iran - it is the beginning of an explosion of a world cemetery!

Reading some of the comments in this thread, I am amazed at the zombification of some commentators, their hatred of everyone who has different views and beliefs. I think that they are the “dead” people who have no place in the future of humanity. It's their choice, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

their hatred of everyone who has different views and beliefs.

There is a distinction between people who peacefully practice their beliefs and those that worship a Quds force commander.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join