It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blasts live: Deadly explosions target Soleimani death anniversary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Explosions have been reported at an event near the tomb of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps general Qassem Soleimani.

At least 73 people have been reported killed at the event marking the fourth anniversary of Soleimani’s death.

Iran blasts live: Deadly explosions target Soleimani death anniversary

These blasts took place where huge crowds had gathered to mark the 4th anniversary of the death of IRGC General Solemani who was dissasembled by a US drone strike during Trumps presidency.

No news on who was behind the twin bombings-but it appears to me that someone is attempting to kick off a wider war in the middle east.

From the above link-

Iranian state media, quoting a local official in the Kerman province, said the blasts “were caused by terrorist attacks”.
Earlier, the semi-official Nournews said that “several gas canisters exploded on the road leading to the cemetery”.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

No news on who was behind the twin bombings-but it appears to me that someone is attempting to kick off a wider war in the middle east.

Gee I wonder who would want to do that.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Unknownparadox

gee maybe it was one of the 41 other countires that had at least one of their citizens killed by POS terrorists, backed by a POS terrorist nation.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
LMFAO They are not going to be happy. Sounds like mossad work.
edit on 3-1-2024 by Cracka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unknownparadox

Spot on
and if we are witnessing the beginning of the neutralisation of Iran and the axis of evil then good on them. No good can come of letting the Iranian regime continue in its present form.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I guess many will think this is an Israeli attack?

If it is-it does not fit their usual high tech and targeted killings-these were supposedly gas canister bombs-so IED types,which are not the highest tech.
Plus this was not a targeted killing as far as we know so far.

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran did this themselves-maybe as an excuse to escalate things in Israel.

Or maybe it was Russia-they may be Irans ally,but more chaos in the middle east takes the spotlight off Russias war in Ukraine.

Hard to know for sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Doesn't look like Mossads MO.

I mean gas cannisters?

If it was, surely Iran would be shouting about it?
edit on 3-1-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: orbhunter

No good can come of letting the Iranian regime continue in its present form.

Pretty sure that was said about Iraq. And the only thing that 2 decade war/military action accomplished, is more terrorism than you can shake a stick at. I'm not sure how much was spent to create that terrorism.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
......who was dissasembled by a US drone strike during Trumps presidency.

That is such a beautiful statement.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cracka
LMFAO They are not going to be happy. Sounds like mosad work.

MOSSAD backed out of assisting in the operation that killed Solemani at the last moment.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Doesn't look like Mossads MO.

I mean gas cannisters?

If it was, surely Iran would be shouting about it?

Yeah.

There are factions inside Iran that are unhappy with the government there. Younger and less caliphate minded. Could easily be them.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare
They are really pissed off now.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unknownparadox

No good can come of letting the Iranian regime continue in its present form.

Pretty sure that was said about Iraq. And the only thing that 2 decade war/military action accomplished, is more terrorism than you can shake a stick at. I'm not sure how much was spent to create that terrorism.

Terrorism can't be eliminated in the ME unless Iran is taken out of the equation. Seriously the Abraham peace process was really going places before Iran instigated 7/10. There can be genuine peace between the various parties yet only when Iran is pushed back to its borders and neutralised.

On the gas bottle attack I'm expecting Iranian arab teorrorist groups sponsored by Israel and Saudi to be behind it.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Cold as ice i know but about time Iran gets a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greazel

Cold as ice i know but about time Iran gets a taste of their own medicine.

Totally agree Greazel
hopefully after the Beirut drone attack yesterday and this one today Iran will get a daily dose of "their own medicine." From killing those hundreds of Marines decades ago to the 7/10 attack in Israel, Iran has been a thorn in the side of the west and democracy. Until they are eliminated nothing at all will change plus Putin will carry on with his overseas adventures

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran did this themselves-maybe as an excuse to escalate things in Israel.

Highly unlikely given the target I think , chances are it's ISIS as they've attacked Iran a couple of times in the not to distant past but the possibility of Mossad involvement cannot be ruled out given Iran's backing of Hamas.

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on ISIS stirring the pot.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I hadn't thought of Isis,but they would like an escalated war no doubt.

An Iranian source is saying the bombs were in two backpacks-

Iran's Tasnim news agency, quoting two unnamed sources, reported that "two bags carrying bombs went off" at the site and that the "perpetrators ... of this incident apparently detonated the bombs by remote control".

news.sky.com...

But Al jazeera were just sauing a source from Iran claimed there were 3 gas canister bombs but one was defused by security,so different stories..

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Soleimani killed by assassination explosions.

Now Soleimani celebrations have hundreds killed by explosions.

IRONY++ roflol 😀

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

Apparently Soleimani is a gift that just keeps on giving.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is this where I get to defend terrorism by saying "well maybe if the radical Muslims stopped funding the genocide of all Jews they would not have to worry about such justified attacks"?

The good news is, these are just Muslims, and like their Arab partners the Persians are of no worth as humans. If they were Palestinian though, well that is like being Satan incarnate.

I am with the other decent humans of the civilized world, terrorism is ok when it happens to Muslims.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join