It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN picks a trans person as its champion for women's rights in the UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   
the link

Just when you thought the world was maybe mad enough...

the UN is going properly Orwellian with this. You would have to live in a cave to be ignorant of the current confict between women's rights and trans rights going on around the world.
Why would you do this or even think its the right thing to do?

I have had enough of them all now, pretty much every supra governmental agency in the world seems to be populated with people who do the opposite of what an ordinary person would consider as reasonable.

edit on rdpWed, 03 Jan 2024 04:17:46 -060020242024-01-03T04:17:46-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spellin

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
It truly is clown world

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
It truly is clown world

Yeah but not the funny harmless sorta clowns...more like the evil John Wayne Gacy sort of clowns...

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Same as BLM set back race relations decades shear stupidity like this will only damage genuine concerns about women's issues.
How can a 'champion for women's rights' demand that people not talk about women's bodies and issues like FGM etc?

But to be fair, who will really pay any notice or attention to this person other than those already rabid about transgender issues?
I can't see this person being given much exposure here, pretty much an irrelevance.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Quite, but it shouldnt surprise us really when you consider that the UN made the Saudis their human rights dudes and suchlike.

I think its high time that the UN was allowed to stagnate into nothingness. In the West we have Nato if anything really needs doing. a much more sensible and effective coalition than the UN.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The UN was a good concept....but practically its been a big nothing, a toothless tiger.
Instead of getting involved in nonsense like this it should be concentrating on resolving the all too many conflicts going on in the world.
Instead of seeking to appease everyone and pander to everyone's overt sensitivity it should be more forceful and stand up for what is right every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
the link

Just when you thought the world was maybe mad enough...

the UN is going properly Orwellian with this. You would have to live in a cave to be ignorant of the current confict between women's rights and trans rights going on around the world.
Why would you do this or even think its the right thing to do?

I have had enough of them all now, pretty much every supra governmental agency in the world seems to be populated with people who do the opposite of what an ordinary person would consider as reasonable.

The Trans has Balls though right.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Seems like the UN want to sabotage the women’s rights movement. This will create all kinds of tensions and conflicts within its ranks. NWO playbook: divide and conquer.

Question is why does the UN see women’s right as a threat that needs to be dismantled in such a way

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't see the UN as uniting countries. If they had honest intentions it would have been named the "World Board" or "Meeting of Nations" and it would meet in different cities around the globe, not exclusively in New York.

While paranoid types believe that the UN is an attempt at a one-world government, I see that as BS. It's merely a front or a show for the public, a stage for actors playing parts in a fiction IMO. Yeah, they do stuff when they feel they have to, but I don't believe it is specifically in the interest of the public when they act.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The world is at war. Everyone has nuclear weapons. The UN is useless, now they can’t tell the difference between women and men. It’s time to close the UN and move on.
edit on 3-1-2024 by Nickn4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital1010

The Trans has Balls though right.

Some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure, they're the balls that I like best
My balls are always bouncing to the left and to the right
It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night

[Chorus]
We've got big balls, we've got big balls
We've got big balls, dirty big balls
He's got big balls, she's got big balls
But we've got the biggest balls of them all

Big Balls
AC/DC

genius.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Seems like the UN want to sabotage the women’s rights movement.

Funny they as a whole ignore modern day slavery?

Women and girls comprise 71% of all modern slavery victims. Children make up 25% and account for 10 million of all the slaves worldwide.
amp.theguardian.com...

Probably has something to do with this in some odd way?

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Quite, but it shouldnt surprise us really when you consider that the UN made the Saudis their human rights dudes and suchlike.

I think its high time that the UN was allowed to stagnate into nothingness. In the West we have Nato if anything really needs doing. a much more sensible and effective coalition than the UN.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What I would really like to know is just who are these people that run the UN? Because I've never ever voted for any representative for the UK. So who appoints these cretins? A gang of unelected people telling the world what, where and how. It aint on.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I half expect to wake up one morning and find they have somehow appointed Sam Smith as the new PM.

edit on 3-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So the UN decides who represents UK women and girls? Pfft!
Let them carry on.... they are only digging their own grave.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I can't see this person being given much exposure here, pretty much an irrelevance.

Let’s just hope they don’t expose themselves!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It says in the article that they want women to be "empowered" whilst at the same time they choose a non woman as their champion.
Looking at this person, they probably also want white people empowered by the same logic.

Women mean nothing to these freaks and I mean the whole UN and everybody else who is turning this world into a boddy mess.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

NATO isn't any better than the UN.

The US should pull out of both organizations. They provide zero value to the American people.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

The UN is past it's sell by date and not fit for purpose. It's toothless on the World stage and now resorts to poking it's nose into countries internal affairs where it has no business to do so.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I half expect to wake up one morning and find they have somehow appointed Sam Smith as the new PM.

To be fair, couldnt be worse than the current one really

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join