It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Twitters anti violent speech filters HYPER sensitive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OK,All I said was,the NYPD should shoot violent palestinian protestors then arrest the rest,and IMMEDIATLY after posting it i get a 12 hour posting ban.
Wow. I guess I am the wrong skin tone to post stuff liek that because i see muslims,anti israeli posting that all the time. Its a little racist It seems.
WHat do yall think of that?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Weird....I posted "they should hang him for treason and his son too".....in a response about what should happen to Biden for something or another and they let it fly by. I wonder if they are filtering that due to the issues at the protest tonight as a precautionary thing.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't put too much stock on it. Twitter and social media in general is pretty worthless. I actually have a Twitter ban, which is hilarious because I've never had a Twitter account. I don't know how this is even possible, but if I go to Twitter's website, it says I'm banned :p Honestly, I find it more hilarious than anything else, although a little mystifying.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I had the same thing happen to me.
Someone posted about Palestinian protesters blocking a busy roadway somewhere, I posted “Just run them over” and was immediately hit with a 12 hour ban.
Like it was only a split second from me posting that the ban popped up.

It appears they are kissing the asses of the protesters.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Do you own a Blue Checkmark? If you sub you won't get filtered as much. But they'll have your phone number and will know exactly who you are, so then you can be on a list for things you say.

Also, the filter dude went home for Christmas, you can probably get a lot in right now.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

TODAY, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Portrayed Jesus Christ as a Palestinian Victim of Israeli Occupation.

I don't think she was banned: www.breitbart.com...

edit on 25122023 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I don't know the context of your conversation but I do see how saying something like that could get someone in timeout for a bit.
Remember some people take things way to seriously. I believe Twitter/X has a multitude of those types.
Also it seems kinda mean but like I said I don't know the context now care to visit that site. It seems it has caused more harm then good for humanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

TODAY, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Portrayed Jesus Christ as a Palestinian Victim of Israeli Occupation.

I don't think she was banned: www.breitbart.com...

Fresh out of her "timeout" and already back at it. Lol smh..

Another "timeout" for her is incoming so that's a silver lining I suppose.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I had the same thing happen to me.
Someone posted about Palestinian protesters blocking a busy roadway somewhere, I posted “Just run them over” and was immediately hit with a 12 hour ban.
Like it was only a split second from me posting that the ban popped up.

It appears they are kissing the asses of the protesters.

Apparently. Maybe we should start a hashtag palestinians are being treated better than the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

that is true a sad sign of how low you can sink supporting terrorists is now virtue signaling.
And Musk is really starting to look like he wants to destroy the US.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GarbageCollector

This whole support people when it's convenient then not supporting them at the drop of a dime is striking and concerning and something that those on the right do very often. Don't get me wrong the left does it too but the right is the champion of doing so.
Probably a contributing factor to why they are so divided amongst themselves. No structure being applied and no actual figure head.
Just my observation. I used to admire Musk but after him just playing into his rich folks needs with little regards to many consumers or admirers I don't trust him or admire him. I respect many things he has done but I don't view him as some savior.
Twitter didn't change man, that was all PR. I mean this dude sent a car on a trip around the solar system.
I'm pretty sure he takes the crown in regards to PR.
Just remember that.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

That right there is the issue where we have failed: all our politics is centred around personality/popularity instead of content.

If we had parties kind of like they are now with the general direction but then cooperate and vote on plans and strategies instead of what ...person is going to lose his mind on a power trip - that would really be helpful.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You have basically incited violence which is a criminal offence in many countries
"Someone posted about Palestinian protesters blocking a busy roadway somewhere, I posted “Just run them over"
Let's murder some protesters. How constitutional.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sands81

How dare you?
Comes in here all high and mighty with your common sense.
People have been lynched for less.

LOL
not a threat
just a messed up joke

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sands81
You have basically incited violence which is a criminal offence in many countries
"Someone posted about Palestinian protesters blocking a busy roadway somewhere, I posted “Just run them over"
Let's murder some protesters. How constitutional.

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

So you are ok with potentially inciting violence?
Those kinds of acts give others the feeling of justification for doing stupid things.
And don't use the argument of well they did it first crap. You are responsible for your own words and actions carried out because of your choice of words. Act like an adult and people will treat you like one.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

So you are ok with potentially inciting violence?
Those kinds of acts give others the feeling of justification for doing stupid things.
And don't use the argument of well they did it first crap. You are responsible for your own words and actions carried out because of your choice of words. Act like an adult and people will treat you like one.

Bring it up to someone who might give a sh!t, that’s not me.

I don’t look to Liberals for any sort of moral compass and they shouldn’t be trying to be one.
edit on 26-12-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't understand your logic.
What ever happened to treat others how you would like to be treated?
If you can't grasp that idea or you just refuse to do so then your moral compass is non existent.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Seems like you were promoting violence against others hence the temp ban - not used twitter in a decade or so but isn't there an option to complain/alert Twitter to other posts calling for shootings or violence in general/removal of democratic right to protest?

originally posted by: GarbageCollector
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

That right there is the issue where we have failed: all our politics is centred around personality/popularity instead of content.

If we had parties kind of like they are now with the general direction but then cooperate and vote on plans and strategies instead of what ...person is going to lose his mind on a power trip - that would really be helpful.

A key point and certainly a view I share from the outside looking in (UK),

Biden/the Dems had no policies other than 'we're not Trump' in the last election. Both parties don't appear to have a single policy between them other than 'we're not the other guy'.

Not that things are much better over here as the political parties have no policies or personalities.
edit on 26-12-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I don't understand your logic.
What ever happened to treat others how you would like to be treated?
If you can't grasp that idea or you just refuse to do so then your moral compass is non existent.

Again, I really don’t care what you think.
I and the OP made off the cuff retorts about Liberal idiots on X, they are obviously trying to protect terrorist supporters.
Your desperate attempt to make this a moral issue is fake outrage.

If I had more time and ambition to look, I could provide you with thousands of examples of Liberals calling for real violence but I have better things to do.
edit on 26-12-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join